2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-17-2015, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
[Laughing as I type this] You apparently missed the post above where I boldly stated instead of purchasing just two pieces to "fill out" my collection, I purchased $50+. After all, I had to get the free shipping and save money? Right? Right!
That free shipping is what pushing me over the edge and once over the edge I fall hard!
Old 06-17-2015, 07:50 PM

Love seeing pictures of the 'falling off the wagon' purchases. Let me tell you the easy way to not buy fabric is to stay busy with other summer activities, besides quilting. :-( I think I got to sew about 10 minutes today before something else called me..namely hubby with help with one of his projects. But I hope to be back on track by first of month. I have a CT gift certificate from Mother's Day but I am saving it because I know soon, they will have a fabulous 'red' selection and I can hardly resist those. I am just biding my time waiting. (well, it seems like they have had the red collection the last two years right before Christmas. Hope I am right.) And one day, I hope to start my 'red-white and black quilt! So that will be my excuse for buying red fabric. :-) Lucky all of you who found bargains at estate and yard sales. I say that those do not count as adding to stash because bargains are always a pass. :-)
Old 06-17-2015, 09:07 PM

Ok ladies, dust yourselves off and I'll help you back up here on this old wagon. It's getting rather lonely! I have not been in a fabric store nor visited an on line store for most of this year. And by the looks of my boxes and boxes of fabric that I have been packing for our move I should never go into one of those places again. But rest assured, I did get my fix today. My wonderful enabling neighbor brought me a very extra large garbage bag full of beautiful, fabric that she got at a yard sale. We must be magnets, some sort of unknown scientific thing. We get more fabric even when we stay away from stores and stay on the wagon. No I am not complaining. I'm very happy petting my new fabric. I'd say about 10 yards of the stuff. Holy cow. This is crazy.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:04 AM

Well Rhonda, your ship came in.........woohoo.................calla
Old 06-18-2015, 02:12 PM

Show of hands. How many think Martina's memory lapse was a little too convenient? She just forgot that she spent $200 plus?
Belfry: I was probably so busy logging into the CT website that I forgot to read the rest of your post.
Rhonda: As far as I can see having fabric procured for you is totally blameless. You have all the pleasure of petting new fabric with none of the quilt.
Remember when I said I'm safe in the summer because I'm too busy enjoying outside. Well it was a false sense of security. If I can be this bad when the temptations aren't so great I'm in real trouble when the fall sales happen.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

I was feeling very virtuous about not spending much money on sewing - and I have not spent much on fabric - however - on things RELATED to sewing - oh, my!!!!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:51 PM

Bearisgray: Now your just going to leave us hanging? I know its not fabric and this is the fabric moratorium but we need to hear.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:00 PM

I agree with Emma bear......my mind is racing, thread, rulers, machine??? Calla
Old 06-18-2015, 06:59 PM

I agree with everyone..Pictures, we want pictures...anything fabric related...you, too Rhonda! Nice neighbor you have.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I was feeling very virtuous about not spending much money on sewing - and I have not spent much on fabric - however - on things RELATED to sewing - oh, my!!!!
Oh..... do tell!!! For those of us living vicariously through others... some photos would be very satisfying!