Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas???? >

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Old 12-26-2014, 03:42 PM

Gee everyone got alot of nice things. I must have been a bad person this year as I didn't get a single gift from anyone. I bought myself an I Pad Mini and asked my son to help me get started on it. It is still sitting on my chest of drawers.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:19 PM

I went crazy over the Black Friday sales and other sales during the last month - I "gifted" myself many times over - my husband encourages my fabric addiction - I did make almost everything for my family at Christmas so I use the fabric for everyone.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Oh dear, I hope you are all better soon!!!! No fun to be sick at Christmas.

Dina
I hear that been sick since Monday so couldn't have Christmas with family
Old 12-26-2014, 05:54 PM

I believe (and I may be incorrect as well) that means you cannot BUY gift cards at a discount--but I'm pretty sure I've USED gift cards to buy discounted merchandise. Sure hope so for all those who received cards!

I didn't get any quilty stuff (have plenty for now...and plan on buying an ironing board cover at the big Quilting extravaganza/show in Albuquerque next month with some $$ I received) but I did give my sister, a new quilter, the Craftsy machine applique class and all the fabric, stabilizer, Wonder-under, thread, etc. that she needs to do the basic project.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:19 PM

I don't have a hubby, but my boys got me a gift card which I was able to get the Olfa rotating cutting matt with that I was secretly wanting. Would never spend my own money on that... but I can't wait for the UPS man to deliver it!!
Old 12-26-2014, 07:41 PM

My daughters surprised me with a airline ticket to BALI.....so I will be buying my own present....lots of Bali Batiks....
Old 12-26-2014, 08:32 PM

I went to my favorite store and picked out 50 yds of fabric. It took about two hours. I also got lots of misc items from my children. As I said before my hubby and I got a new mattress and box springs for our kingsize bed and a new 50 inch TV for living room. Both of these were greatly needed. I had a wonderful christmas with my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. One of my granddaughters just turned 37 years old and I met her for the first time. It is a miracle. God is great!!!!!
Old 12-27-2014, 01:58 AM

I think it sounds like we ALL received great gifts! And I mean more than just all the quilty and non quilty "stuff".
Having family, friends, and this QB community are all wonderful gifts in my eyes.
Sewingsuz summed it up: "God is great!".
Kif
Old 12-27-2014, 03:34 AM

I bought myself a new walking foot for my Bernina 1530. Worth every penny.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by hray View Post
I believe (and I may be incorrect as well) that means you cannot BUY gift cards at a discount--but I'm pretty sure I've USED gift cards to buy discounted merchandise. Sure hope so for all those who received cards!

I didn't get any quilty stuff (have plenty for now...and plan on buying an ironing board cover at the big Quilting extravaganza/show in Albuquerque next month with some $$ I received) but I did give my sister, a new quilter, the Craftsy machine applique class and all the fabric, stabilizer, Wonder-under, thread, etc. that she needs to do the basic project.

One of our local quilt shops discounts their gift cards. Ex: pay $45 for a $50 card! Not a bad idea.
sandy