Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 07-07-2013, 12:14 PM

AWESOME! They look absolutely marvelous! You are doing so well for just getting it!
Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
Well, as I posted previously, yesterday was my birthday and I purchased a Janome Horizon 12000 to learn how to machine embroider and quilt. Last night stayed up late and practiced with the decorative stitches while today I practiced with the embroidery functions. Learned how to down load JEF files and import them into the Janome Link software via computer and USB device.
here are my very first two embroidery samples. I have so much to learn!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Swap Hosts

Well, a belated Happy Birthday Nanny! What a great way to spend your birthday evening. The designs look wonderful. Love those Cinderella shoes!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:46 PM

Happy Belated Birthday and what a great birthday present. The embroidery work looks great! Keep it up!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Swap Hosts

I just posted fast photos of an embroidered Scripture quilt for an ailing QB friend. Done in a weekend. I really like the look of these designs - so vintage looking.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t225363.html
Old 07-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Banned

K,
That is beautiful.

You friend is going to feel all the prayers coming from that quilt.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I just posted fast photos of an embroidered Scripture quilt for an ailing QB friend. Done in a weekend. I really like the look of these designs - so vintage looking.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t225363.html
Wow, that is beautiful. Did you make the designs yourself? If not, where might I find them?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 AM

Default error message - not good!

!I have a Brother Innovis 6000D. Working on a Hoopsisters quilt that has been moving along nicely. I take apart the bobbin area and clean out the lint after every block. So, yesterday it was stitching along nicely and a little squeak started that I noticed around the left side (needle side). I took off the cover and couldn't see anything, no loose threads anywhere, and the squeak seemed to be on the upstroke of the needle. Well, I wanted to finish the block since I only had maybe 5" of sewing left. The machine stopped and an error message appeared that the safety mechanism had kicked in and that I either had a bent needle or the upper thread was tangled. The needle will no longer rise. Again, I took the machine apart and can't find anything. Turning it off and on doesn't help - I still get the message when I touch the needle down button. I don't suppose anyone has a quick fix suggestion. I hate to take it in as I know I won't see it again for weeks. Anyone? Help! Jane, stuck with needle up
Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by SingerSewer View Post
Wow, that is beautiful. Did you make the designs yourself? If not, where might I find them?
Thank you so much. The designs are among many that are offered for free. I wish I could remember where ... I will look for a link in the freebies section at cuteembroidery.com
Old 07-08-2013, 03:57 PM

Krystyna that is beautiful work!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
!I have a Brother Innovis 6000D. Working on a Hoopsisters quilt that has been moving along nicely. I take apart the bobbin area and clean out the lint after every block. So, yesterday it was stitching along nicely and a little squeak started that I noticed around the left side (needle side). I took off the cover and couldn't see anything, no loose threads anywhere, and the squeak seemed to be on the upstroke of the needle. Well, I wanted to finish the block since I only had maybe 5" of sewing left. The machine stopped and an error message appeared that the safety mechanism had kicked in and that I either had a bent needle or the upper thread was tangled. The needle will no longer rise. Again, I took the machine apart and can't find anything. Turning it off and on doesn't help - I still get the message when I touch the needle down button. I don't suppose anyone has a quick fix suggestion. I hate to take it in as I know I won't see it again for weeks. Anyone? Help! Jane, stuck with needle up
It seems weird to reply to my own post, but I thought I'd give an update. I did take my machine into a dealer yesterday. Of course, it's $159.00 just to have them take a look. The upside of that is, my machine will be serviced which has not happened since I got it. The gentleman said it's not uncommon to get thread wrapped around the mechanism that is not visible unless they completely remove the entire cover and some of the workings. I did that and still couldn't see any threads, but hopefully they can find it. So, at this time I am now without my baby! It will be about a week so they say. Interestingly, they tried to sell me another machine to have for backup for the week. The other good thing about this experience is the lessons learned. 1. Do have your machine serviced on a regular basis. 2. The time without my baby around has given me the motivation to finish a couple other projects. At least that's the goal. 3. When you hear a squeak, don't ignore it!