Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-05-2011, 06:55 PM

I've become such a fan of using a walking foot that I really missed it when I used my wee Featherweight last weekend. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket walking foot that will fit on a Featherweight? The one I have for my Janome doesn't fit.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:01 PM

I undestand there is a walking foot the the FW, but I don't know more than that now. I am taking a FW course and the instructor mentioned it at our first class last week. We won't meet again until May, but I think I can email her and ask about this.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
I've become such a fan of using a walking foot that I really missed it when I used my wee Featherweight last weekend. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket walking foot that will fit on a Featherweight? The one I have for my Janome doesn't fit.
Any low shank foot will work on the Feartherweight. If yours doesn't fit you can buy a generic at the LQS. :thumbup:
Old 03-05-2011, 08:24 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miz Johnny and Featherweight !!!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I could not find a model number anywhere on the machine. I decided to bid on them anyway. I bid high and about an hour later I was out bid. I did not want to go higher because of not knowning if the cams would fit or not. Thank you for telling me about them. Kathie
Kathie, didn't you say the belt was also broken? What did the repairman say about the belt?

Nancy
Old 03-05-2011, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I could not find a model number anywhere on the machine. I decided to bid on them anyway. I bid high and about an hour later I was out bid. I did not want to go higher because of not knowning if the cams would fit or not. Thank you for telling me about them. Kathie
Kathie, didn't you say the belt was also broken? What did the repairman say about the belt?

Nancy
I did not mention the belt. I am going to take the machine to E and D and see what they have to say about it. Cletus can put the belt on the machine for me. Kathie
Old 03-05-2011, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by MarieM
I thought he lived in AZ as in Area 51.
Marie M.
LOL You know I have a real close friend that his shop is called "Skunk Works"

No its the era that I should have been in all this time.........

Billy
In a previous life, I had a friend with a studio called "Skunk Bottom Pottery". (He lived on the Skunk River.)
I would like to live in Area 51. Actually, I'd rather be a time traveler. I could sneak back to 1960 and start collecting machines then.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Miz Johnny happy birthday to you and yes you did list your birthday as March 5 in your profile.

Someday when you get to it, I'd love to see the picture of your Pfaff treadle. It is my dream to get a Pfaff treadle one day, as you all know how much my Mother loved her Pfaff 130 - I know the Pfaff 130 is not a treadle, but she so loved those Pfaff's.

Nancy
Whew, that makes me feel better. I thought maybe you could all read my mind. And then you'd all run screaming from the shop.
I had to quit working on the basement and clean on the upstairs for a while, but when I get back to it, I'll excavate the Pfaff and take some pictures.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Billy this is what I see...
do we allow plastic wonders(aka: modern machines) on this board? :lol:
This was a favor for PatriceJ......

Billy
:lol: I was just being a smartypants. :-D
Old 03-05-2011, 09:55 PM

Senior monent,can't remember the sight for the model and date of singer machines. new one EK741405 thanks, Marge