Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
You are one lucky lady!! I'd like to see a picture of the cabinet of your Singer 15-88. Looks like one I just recently bought.

Texas Jan
Here you go! My 'go to' machine. He does it all, plus has reverse!

Nancy
Yep that is the one. Mine was electrified. I can't see any sign by way of scratches or use marks that my cabinet ever was completely outfitted to be a treadle machine. She was made in 1948 (my birth year) AH701263. She has had quite a bit of use. I will restore the cabinet if it ever cools down enough here in Texas. Here are her before pictures. I paid $50.00 for her in a garage sale.

Texas Jan
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221509.jpe   attachment-221510.jpe   attachment-221511.jpe  
Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
You are one lucky lady!! I'd like to see a picture of the cabinet of your Singer 15-88. Looks like one I just recently bought.

Texas Jan
Here you go! My 'go to' machine. He does it all, plus has reverse!

Nancy
Yep that is the one. Mine was electrified. I can't see any sign by way of scratches or use marks that my cabinet ever was completely outfitted to be a treadle machine. She was made in 1948 (my birth year) AH701263. She has had quite a bit of use. I will restore the cabinet if it ever cools down enough here in Texas. Here are her before pictures. I paid $50.00 for her in a garage sale.

Texas Jan

Sorry--double post some way.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
I don't think I have poison ivy too bad - just a ton of bug bits and they cleared up - benedryl helped a lot
I sprayed my yard earlier this week, and managed to sit outside yesterday for two hours without mosquito bites. First time---ever. I highly recommend it.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by miriam
I don't think I have poison ivy too bad - just a ton of bug bits and they cleared up - benedryl helped a lot
I sprayed my yard earlier this week, and managed to sit outside yesterday for two hours without mosquito bites. First time---ever. I highly recommend it.
I doubt if the mosquitos are coming from the yard - there is 3 ft of water in the basement... that house is full of surprises.
So far I haven't found a sewing machine - it would bum me out if I found one in the basement though.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Thanks to Billy..she is cleaned, back together and running! Very quietly, I might add!

Here are before and after pictures of La Vencendora:
I love it!!!

Now the two pieces that you have left over are: The washer that goes on top of the spring for the presserfoot bar where the tension thumb screw goes. And the screw I am still thinking on that one...... Oh I bet it is the second screw that fastens the motor to the bracket.

Thanks Billy...you were right about the washer...the screw? Not so much...there is no spare hole on the bracket, both of the screws are there. I will just hang onto it..It runs fine without it! I wish the decals were in better shape but I like to think they were rubbed off by a quilter pushing her quilt through the throat...right? Also I sure would like to find a key to hold the domed lid on...there was none with the machine. But..what do you expect for $14.99! I am still La Vencendora (The Winner!)

Billy
Old 07-05-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I love R/W/ & B!! It suits your front porch.

Patriotic concert tonight was wonderful, as usual. Several thousand people picnic-ing together on the lawn at Old Morrison Hall. Music included the Dixieland Jazz Band and Lexington Philharmonic and Lexington Singers. A good time was had by all.

Originally Posted by Glenn
Sounds like we have the makings of a great party. Yes Chris we have unsweeten iced-tea my wife does not like the sugar in her tea either but I do..... I want to thank all for the nice things said about our porch, this is where live in the afternoon during the summer. It is always the fourth here at the Cleveland's

Miz Johnny I am from Clay City, KY! The Air Force brought my husband here 16 yrs ago and we stayed. My mom passed away 7 yrs ago and we don't make it back to KY much anymore, but we are still big Wildcat fans!!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:31 PM

Donna C, I hope it was you that won the 403 at that great price. My oldest daughter needed me to shop with her tonight, so I wasn't home at the right time to bid. She lost her husband to a horrible disease and the only home they ever lived in to a fire last year. Shopping to replace everything is sometimes hard for her without him. I'm a poor substitute, but what is, is.

As soon as I finish the Jewel Box quilt, I'm dismantling AnnieRose (301). I will find the groan. If she's going to be my only slant needle machine, she needs to be quiet.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 PM

help please. bought a singer number says its 1912 well daughter was trying to be helpful while I was at work she oiled it had printed out instructions how to clean and oil. it showed the holes on the motor and said they were oil holes she put oil in them now if you run the machine sparks start is there a way to fix or is the motor ruined. she feels so bad about it i hope it can be fixed
thank you
Old 07-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by whatever
help please. bought a singer number says its 1912 well daughter was trying to be helpful while I was at work she oiled it had printed out instructions how to clean and oil. it showed the holes on the motor and said they were oil holes she put oil in them now if you run the machine sparks start is there a way to fix or is the motor ruined. she feels so bad about it i hope it can be fixed
thank you
I bought one somebody did that to - take it off and have a shop clean it
Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 AM

does anyone know what this is... :roll: antique walking foot...I bought 13 attachments for the back clamp singer and this was in it...lots of attachments I probably will never get into. thats the stitches the treadle is doing after got it all cleaned up and running. She is a trooper.

see the back clamp...different
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221660[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221654.jpe