Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-05-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
Someone needs this W&G chain stitch.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/2531665298.html
That someone is me, but, I do not live anywhere near there. I will leave it for some one else on the board. Kathie
Old 08-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
Someone needs this W&G chain stitch.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/2531665298.html
That one is a Wheeler & Wilson W9... :) Still a BEAUTIFUL machine!!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
My 15K Treadle is officially restored and functional! It sews very nice stitches.
I own a 15K, 1904 made in New Jersey. How lucky for you to get one with a French inscription. Your decals are in better shape than mine, but I have an extra decal near the front and my machine is in (original, I believe) 7 drawer with oak leaf pattern.

So nice to see such beauties still in use.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-237167.jpe   attachment-237168.jpe  
Old 08-05-2011, 06:13 PM

My 15K Treadle is officially restored and functional! It sews very nice stitches.
I own a 15K, 1904 made in New Jersey. How lucky for you to get one with a French inscription. Your decals are in better shape than mine, but I have an extra decal near the front and my machine is in (original, I believe) 7 drawer with oak leaf pattern.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:16 PM

So nice to see such beauties still in use. Sorry about double post, having hard time posting
Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt

Yours is beautiful too! Yes the decals are slightly different.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Everyone DH and I finally finished my sewing room. I have posted pictures here http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-1371-10.htm#3872992. Come and join me for some sewing and hot coffee or tea this winter.
Trish, I love your room! You and your husband did a very nice job on this project. I like your cutting table with the treadle irons for support and decoration, clever. Your collection of machines are very nice also. I would love to visit and have a cup of tea while chatting with you, admiring your machines, and work.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:05 AM

Hello. I posted a new topic just today "Cobweb OLD singer, info needed" by hevemi. Maybe you could tell me more about this machine. It's been sitting on the very top on a book case for decades as far as we know and only caught my eye this summer. Noone of the family knew where or when it comes from originally, maybe it belonged to my late father's parents, all long gone now. I joked that it will be my new travel model Singer ( weights a ton!)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-237235.jpe  
Old 08-06-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
It looks to me like an old industrial with a knee lift for the foot. I wonder if it is a knock off of the 241 - does it sit in an oil bath - if so it should have a pan it fits into - cork all the way around... Does it have oil wicks?
Actually it looks a lot like an old Consew. There is a Singer 241 in the pictures of someone repairing the timing http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43881-1426.htm Here's a pic of a Consew - not as old as your machine
http://cgi.ebay.com/Consew-Sewing-Ma...item1e650f1065 one similar in looks...
Miriam, no it does not sit in an oil bath - but I am not sure what you mean by that? It does look similar to the Consew on e-bay, but the top line is completely different. I can't wait to try the machine out, but I had to order the belt by the foot, as the standard belts are all 72"s and this machine needs a belt almost 75"s.

Nancy
Old 08-06-2011, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok all, I got that Hitachi I have been talking about for the last couple weeks.
That's quite the machine! With the harp space, it might be a good one to quilt with... I hope you enjoy it.
This machine does not drop it's feed dogs, at least I can't find a way to do it easily, or I would use it for machine quilting!

Nancy