Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-16-2010, 10:34 AM

I think I'll spend some time and go back through postings and copy and paste the info and links into a folder on my desktop that I surely don't want to lose. There is so much wonderful help and information and entertainment also. This is the best forum ever. I check it every morning as soon as I get up. I think I'm hooked on it and vintage machines and my DH is really enjoying sprucing up the old gals too. Thanks to everyone who posts.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

You may want to check the terms of use for the web site first. It says no copying, printing, etc. without permission.

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
I think I'll spend some time and go back through postings and copy and paste the info and links into a folder on my desktop that I surely don't want to lose. There is so much wonderful help and information and entertainment also. This is the best forum ever. I check it every morning as soon as I get up. I think I'm hooked on it and vintage machines and my DH is really enjoying sprucing up the old gals too. Thanks to everyone who posts.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:23 AM

I rarely post here, but I am the same- I read it all! i am going to Connecticut in August and picking up my grandma's treadle, which I had no idea my mother still had! I know it's complete, and not a singer. And that is all I know about it.

But my pink Atlas is here and about to be broken in all over again by me.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hazeljane
I rarely post here, but I am the same- I read it all! i am going to Connecticut in August and picking up my grandma's treadle, which I had no idea my mother still had! I know it's complete, and not a singer. And that is all I know about it.

Non Singer treadles are good by me!! This is coming from a guy that owns a bullet nosed Studebaker!!

Anyway please post photos of the heirloom so we all can revel in its glory and if you want slip some in of the Pink Atlas!! Pink machines are always good!!!

Billy
Old 07-16-2010, 12:03 PM

But my pink Atlas is here and about to be broken in all over again by me.[/quote]

We LOVE pink.... :P :P :P :P :P

Darcene

ps....we are not Singer snobs, your treadle is more than welcome here.....how about some photos?????
Old 07-16-2010, 01:05 PM

Oops, OK I won't do that. I'll just have to try to remember everything I want to know.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dunster
You may want to check the terms of use for the web site first. It says no copying, printing, etc. without permission.
I think that it only applies to the reproduction for resale or reposting on another web site and not for personal use. But I might be wrong there too

Billy
Old 07-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Oops, OK I won't do that. I'll just have to try to remember everything I want to know.
You can bookmark them instead.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lacelady
You can bookmark them instead.
If they purge them the book marking will not help.....
Old 07-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hazeljane

That is awesome! I have nothing to speak off from my grandparents or from my husabands grandparents so I have been buying some older machines that needed love and a new home. I have one Singer treadle but it is only a Singer because my husband felt we would have a better chance of buying parts, feet etc. When I buy the used machines there is often no parts and or main parts lacking on the machine and they are not in running order. I can't wait to hear about your grandparent's machine. That is so special!!!!! The best in my opinion.