Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

You may also need to go to "my profile" and check the appropriate notification information.

I know a lot of folks would like a separate section for this topic, but I actually prefer the virtual section. It makes it so easy for a post from any other section to be linked in after the fact. I think we have the best of both worlds here - we can link in things from classifieds, main, pictures, etc. - and those topics are still visible in their real sections. Now that I understand the power of virtual sections, I think admin was a genius for dreaming this up.

Originally Posted by Patty in Ks
Just click "watch this topic" and anytime something is posted it goes to your inbox, at least it does mine.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Patty in Ks
Just click "watch this topic" and anytime something is posted it goes to your inbox, at least it does mine.
Good morning Patty,

Glad to see you posting here.....

I am home today and sewing as fast as I can to get this quilt together....I saw my uncle yesterday and I don't think it will be long now.

Do you have pictures of your machines? We would love to see them....any machine made between 1910 and today is vintage (see, that makes me vintage at age 55-somehow vintage sounds so much nicer than old) ...if your machines were made before 1910 then they are antiques.....

Glad to see you here today,

Darcene ;) :wink:
Old 07-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dunster
You may also need to go to "my profile" and check the appropriate notification information.

I know a lot of folks would like a separate section for this topic, but I actually prefer the virtual section. It makes it so easy for a post from any other section to be linked in after the fact. I think we have the best of both worlds here - we can link in things from classifieds, main, pictures, etc. - and those topics are still visible in their real sections. Now that I understand the power of virtual sections, I think admin was a genius for dreaming this up.
The only thing is I am worried that we will lose all of the information if she has to purge the system. I wish it was its own section and then the search function would work in finding things that you wanted to look at like Darcene's FW or the American treadle, New york Singer and so forth.

Billy
Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by dunster

The only thing is I am worried that we will lose all of the information if she has to purge the system. I wish it was its own section and then the search function would work in finding things that you wanted to look at like Darcene's FW or the American treadle, New york Singer and so forth.

Billy
I think that could be mostly solved if the search function would take you to the page(s) of the post with the phrase you're searching for. I also wish search would show the date of the initial thread and the date of the last post. I don't know why we've wound up with so many pages in this thread, instead of just starting new threads and linking them into the virtual section. Maybe it's time to move to a new shop (thread). That would make things a lot easier to find. Maybe clean house/move once a month? Put a link to the next thread in the previous thread and see if the old thread can be locked?
Old 07-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dvseals
If you subscribe to the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop virtual section, it'll show up right under the pda's on the main page, so you won't have to hunt for it
OK Thanks! I will try that.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Banned

I really get a kick out of the fact that this is the most active thread in the boards history!

3,445 post and 85,612 views in 2 months and 10 days!!!!

Billy
Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 AM

I really get a kick out of the fact that this is the most active thread in the boards history!

Billy
Congratulations Billy!!!!!! Nice going, we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks..................
Old 07-16-2010, 08:20 AM

Billy
Look at us go!!!! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

But seriously, we need to find a way to archive and save all of this valuable information.....

Darcene
Old 07-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darcene
[Look at us go!!!! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

But seriously, we need to find a way to archive and save all of this valuable information.....

Darcene
Well I think I am going to talk to the Admin about adding a section just for the Vintage machines. But it is going to be a matter of the Band width used that will make it or break it more than likely.

Thats why I cut the quotes down to the bare minimum so it will not eat up a lot of the band width that is used. Trying to save the Boss some money!!

Billy
Old 07-16-2010, 08:45 AM

I totally forgot to post that I won a 1961 Singer 301 on ebay...she arrived on Wed of this week.....She is so pretty...the mocha color....yummmmm...no manual but I downloaded one, a couple of feet-slant shank so I can use the feet from the Singer Athena and a very stinky case.....it is outside in the full sun today-I put it outside Wed. and it smelled a lot better this morning when I put it back outside....I haven't plugged her in yet but when I turn the hand wheel she turns very easily and smoothly.....

Darcene