Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-01-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Yes I have a quest going on for the Russian Singer!!

I put a request for information leading to the find on the NeedleBar but it was deleted. :roll: I am about finished with them anyway, they are a great source for information and history but it is like a "Country Club/Elite Privileged Society" setting and you cant even join now without jumping through hoops. Since they found out about my business they pretty much black listed me taking all of my privileges away from me and deleting/editing most of my post. According to them I need to be sharing my information with them and not here with you guys. :roll:

I am getting emails from a few of the members showing me threads where they are "Billy Bashing". :lol: You know when they finish running off all the potential members and few existing members they have left I might just buy the thing so that people will be able to come see and enjoy what is there. Why you want to keep folks from seeing your "online museum" beats the heck out of me.

Honestly quilters are way more fun to hang out with and we do not mind helping each other out. Plus the way I look at it is that we are all family here and that is the way I like it!!!:thumbup:

Billy
Shame on them! Their loss!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Snow here. 4 inches so far and it is supposed to stop for the night. Tomorrow is the big day. They expect 2 feet here in southern Maine
Gosh, I wish I was up there with you. I miss my home state. Instead, I'm down here in sunny south florida. It's about oh... 75 degrees, nice breeze, flowers are blooming. I'm about to go run out in shorts/t-shirt to the thrift stores.... just in case I find... a find! lol
Old 02-01-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by kwendt
Snow here. 4 inches so far and it is supposed to stop for the night. Tomorrow is the big day. They expect 2 feet here in southern Maine
Gosh, I wish I was up there with you. I miss my home state. Instead, I'm down here in sunny south florida. It's about oh... 75 degrees, nice breeze, flowers are blooming. I'm about to go run out in shorts/t-shirt to the thrift stores.... just in case I find... a find! lol
too funny.. in shorts. I shoveled a bit ago. It's 12 and a wee bit windy. I did some thrift stores a couple days ago. I want to make a tie wall hanging. I have only have 4 ties so far. Wednesday is half price sale..buttt not in the snow expected. Have to wait til next week. GOOD luck with your findssssss :) get a couple
Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 AM

6 - 8 inches of snow here in at my house... white stuff still falling

Billy, If I find a hand crank sewing machine... can I use it without fear of breaking it???? I know it sounds dumb, but I don't like stuff I can't use...such as quilts are to be used not stored in a closet...
Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Oklahoma.. ya, the land of snow too!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:40 AM

Honestly quilters are way more fun to hang out with and we do not mind helping each other out. Plus the way I look at it is that we are all family here and that is the way I like it!!!:thumbup:

Billy
Shame on them! Their loss!
...Is our gain! We really like having you 'around', Billy. Thank you for all your help, answered questions and expertise. We learn vicariously through you, and as a result... you've fired up a whole lot of us into salvaging/saving/restoring a lot of good, old machines.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Leota
6 - 8 inches of snow here in at my house... white stuff still falling

Billy, If I find a hand crank sewing machine... can I use it without fear of breaking it???? I know it sounds dumb, but I don't like stuff I can't use...such as quilts are to be used not stored in a closet...
Use it like you stole it!!! I use all but a few of my really collectible machines.

Billy
Old 02-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kwendt
you've fired up a whole lot of us into salvaging/saving/restoring a lot of good, old machines.
And that is the whole object for this thread. If you cant enjoy the machines then why own them.

Billy
Old 02-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

I put a request for information leading to the find on the NeedleBar but it was deleted. :roll: I am about finished with them anyway, they are a great source for information and history but it is like a "Country Club/Elite Privileged Society" setting and you cant even join now without jumping through hoops. Since they found out about my business they pretty much black listed me taking all of my privileges away from me and deleting/editing most of my post. According to them I need to be sharing my information with them and not here with you guys. :roll:

I am getting emails from a few of the members showing me threads where they are "Billy Bashing". :lol: You know when they finish running off all the potential members and few existing members they have left I might just buy the thing so that people will be able to come see and enjoy what is there. Why you want to keep folks from seeing your "online museum" beats the heck out of me.

Billy
I recently joined NB after someone suggested it to me. It did seem like a ridiculous amount of hoops to jump through and RULES. It was extremely off-putting... don't use it but it's there as a resource if I ever need to look something up. Funny to read your comments because as a total Newb there I got the same feeling: "We OWN this information and you WILL conform..."
Old 02-01-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by BZ quilting
Anyone else have a snow day or two???
LOL Yeah the weather guys are saying that we are not going to have any but it sure looks like they might be wrong!!! I bet your going to be getting it for a while, perfect timing for working on a vintage machine!!

Billy
Yeah, we are supposed to get 18 to 20". Yikes!