Advice on Slimming Down

Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 PM

easy plan.. no sugar, no flour, in other words, NO white stuff. try it,,,with plenty of veggies, and only 3 oz. of meat or protein 2 times a day..............
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 PM

Green Tea is supposed to help with the tummy area. I take the pills, but also drink the tea to keep warm in the winter. Not a fast miracle, but it does seem to help over time.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 PM

A low fat diet has worked for me. Look at the amount of Sat Fat. If it is more than 3, I do not eat it. It is hard to do. I am 62 years old and have lost 15 lbs on this type of diet. I use soy a lot. My brother in law says that being 80% good and 20% bad works. So every so often I have to have something that has more than 3 Sat. Fat. But then it's back to the low fat! Good Luck!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Oh I also go to Zumba classes 4 times a week. Zumba combines latin dance. It is so much fun!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Thank you! I will try those things out.

We do have a gym on campus, but I'm afraid that people will judge me. I know thats a really stupid thought, but it's a paranoia that I've had a long time, I had a rough child hood when it came to school. So if there are things that I can do in my room for now I'm good... until I'm ready to go to the gym.
OK, first of all, what anybody else thinks of you is not your problem and you can't let it stop you from taking care of you.

Lecture over.

Now a suggestion - try the gym and keep reminding yourself that while you don't look quite the way you want, you are at the gym when most others aren't... and feel good about yourself.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Thank you! I will try those things out.

We do have a gym on campus, but I'm afraid that people will judge me. I know thats a really stupid thought, but it's a paranoia that I've had a long time, I had a rough child hood when it came to school. So if there are things that I can do in my room for now I'm good... until I'm ready to go to the gym.
My sister is a college freshman. She is always busy and doesn't want to waste a bunch of time getting ready to head to the gym, actually going to the gym and working out, then coming back. She bought an exercise tape at Target. I think the lady was named Jackie that did it. There were several 10 min or maybe 15 min workouts on the tape as well as a 40 min one. This lady does one heck of a work out for the short amount of time. She also used hand weights. Anyways my sister loves doing the workouts in her dorm room. Quick and easy and she can do them before class in the morning and not take a bunch of time out of her day. Might be something to look in to :) Good Luck! You are doing great so far!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:08 PM

Also when I was in college I also enrolled in an exercise class every semester. There was a bit of an extra fee 40-50 bucks I think. But it was totally worth it to me. No way was I going to fail a class and the only way to fail those courses is to not show up! So in a way it pretty much forced me to exercise 2-3 times a week for 45 minutes!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM

30 pounds! Good work! Keep it up!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM

I lost 100 a few years back, Had an adominal plasty and momoplasty to remove this. Also arms. the past 3 years the weight has shifted to thighs and below bust line. I am going to have it removed with lipo. I have only gained 10 #, My surg was paid for by ins. co, due to health issues.

WOnderful on your weight loss.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:38 PM

Keep drinking the water, but give up the fruit juice, eat the fruit instead, an apple is more satisfying than a glass of apple juice. Congrates on your wieght loss so far. Keep up the good work.