Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-17-2011, 03:45 PM

Thanks Glenn, that's what I thought.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:19 PM

the machine l bought yeserday works yipee l also find it has Borletti printed on the machine but the electric peddle has a name Necchi on it It was made in Italy and has original cords and feet and it ia green it is FB 1102 any one know anything about this machine it embroiders and has two books with it how old do you think it may be????
Old 03-17-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
Nancy, let say this and I have to hit the hay cause tomorrow is another work day, but your quilt is gorgeous. You don't suffer from Adult ADD, do you.
Cherrybsixty, I know you are not trying to be funny because ADD is not a funny subject, but I had to laugh. Sorry. No, I just come from a rancher family - my Dad was a cowboy. I was raised by the creed that as long as there is daylight you keep busy. My family did not have 9 to 5 jobs so I was taught at an early age to make my life productive - which means you work from dawn to dark! It drives my husband nuts sometimes, because he could watch movies all weekend, and he thinks after 5 you should be just sitting watching TV. That is from the way he was raised and our jobs! I want to make the most out of every day of my life - DH is much more laid back then I am - it has been a joke between us for 30 years that I can't sit through more than one movie -- then I have to do something!

Nancy
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be offensive, but GF was busy and into everything that she was capable of doing. She had a massive heart-attack at 56. She was diagnosed with it. It's not a bad thing, she just ignored the diagnoses. Like you, she just wanted to get things done.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
That's one of the reasons why treadles and HCs are so handy--you can do both!!
I'm not really good at sitting still myself, but I'm also probably ADD (my kids are all diagnosed; I see no reason for an official diagnosis at my age), so I never really FINISH anything.

It doesn't help that the @#$% phone keeps ringing. Anyone else hate the telephone??
Ok Cherrybsixty, Miz Johnny diagnosed me. I don't have ADD - I have to finish everything I start - drives me batty until I get er finished!

Nancy
It's a positive drive, I still say it's a good thing b/c you've learned how to direct it. People just look at it negatively b/c they don't know how to chanal it.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Elsie Blight
Hi l have just looked at my machine and the screw is to the back so l am a back clamper is that right thank you l am still so happy that l have these machines l only have the one treadle though no room for more as yet????????
Elsie Blight
Australia
I don't myself have a back clamp 66, but it sounds like you do! Great! You have a very cool and different machine, older than mine I'm sure. I'm also sure that it has a great straight stitch once its oiled, greased and cleaned up. It will purr!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
You people are such enablers. I just bought the New Home Ruby by phone. I haven't even seen a picture of the machine just the cabinet. The seller says it doesn't have the tension on the top like the picture I found and she has sewn on it. If she wasn't on dial up, I would have asked her to email a picture.

I hate $$$ or best offer. I never know how much less to offer. When I sell something, even a house, it's $$$ firm.

It's only a mile from the location of the wedding. Was that an omen that I should go get it? I haven't sewn on a treadle in 50 years.

We're enablers??? Heck, YOU make me want to bid on that Jones ! loll
:wink:
Old 03-17-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
Question...Do those of you who have a 66 set the thread spool on the top pin with the thread coming from the back of the spool or from the front of the spool? Then it goes to the left toward the little hook.
I really never thought about that. I look at the spool to see which way it unwinds with the least curls. Usually on the back to go to left of the hook. I have been sewing on my 66-1 for years and never had a problem either way. Glenn
Gosh.. I only look to see where the cut in the edge of the spool is, and put that spool side down. But I can't for the life of me tell you.... wait a minute....<runs to sewing room, then back to office> I have it unwinding from the back(spool spins counter clockwise). Yeah! Happy Dance!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Elsie Blight
the machine l bought yeserday works yipee l also find it has Borletti printed on the machine but the electric peddle has a name Necchi on it It was made in Italy and has original cords and feet and it ia green it is FB 1102 any one know anything about this machine it embroiders and has two books with it how old do you think it may be????
I don't know anything about it, but I DO know that Billy (the resident expert) has said that the Italian made Necchi's are like the "Ferrari's of the sewing machine world"... and...well... I just like prancing horses! Can you send us a picture of it? You can 'edit' your message and add an attachment .jpg photo...
Old 03-17-2011, 05:57 PM

Thought you all might like to see how my GFs and I are spending the first night of a long weekend!!

Di convincing a yellow Brother to cooperate
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171156[/ATTACH]

Pam's 316G (With a homemade cam!) getting a little TLC
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171157[/ATTACH]

Linda, cleaning a 401 motor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171158[/ATTACH]

Nope, we don't bother clearing the table first!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171159[/ATTACH]

Do we know how to have a good time, or what???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171160[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171151.jpe   attachment-171152.jpe   attachment-171153.jpe   attachment-171154.jpe   attachment-171155.jpe  

Old 03-17-2011, 05:58 PM

kwendt, you have it right. Spool turns counterclock wise. Although I have not had any problem either way. Glenn