Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-07-2011, 09:35 AM

Okay, back from a week of vacation and see the shop has continued to be busy. Now to try and catch up on 40 pages of reading. Oh, by the way, Maui was great! Bought hawaian fabric, but alas no sewing machines.

Did see awesome Saturday night classic car cruise. There was a beautiful 57 corvette, several late 30's Ford pickups, and my favorite, T-bird.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:22 AM

I have the opportunity to buy a The Sterling Super Deluxe Model 1953 for $40. It supposedly runs well. Do you know anything about this machine and will I be able to find parts for it?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:28 AM

took me 2 days to catch up on the 40 pages I was behind...lol. Now, tomorrow I will be leaving town through the weekend and will get behind again!

Going to a family reunion in Indiana. My brother has purchased me a Redeye in a treadle cabinet for $50...missing a couple of parts. and an uncle is giving me a machine in cabinet but I don't have a clue what it is. Husband is going to freak when he finds out what he has to haul back :0
Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
So the church that I quilt at is having their garage sale this weekend. They want 80.00 for a vintage machine whose decals are coming off, no attachments and no shuttle or spindle bobbins. I think it's outrageous, but a friend of mine thinks it would be a good investment. The serial number is starts with a B and has all 8's and 9's in the number part. I'm trying to figure out what type of machine it is.

The decals say Singer, and it has a good size throat area, just a shade smaller than my 66. But it has some reddish tint to the decals. I KNOW it is not a redeye, but the decals are real similar. It has a drop in area for one of those long bobbins (shuttle right?) no shuttle bobbin casing though. It seems like a lot of money for a machine that can't possibly work with no shuttle. I just wish I could figure out what it is.
Your machine is made in 1905.
Here is the link to Singer for machine serial number that starts with a single letter:
http://www.singerco.com/support/mach.../single-letter

Click on B series for the number and info. Good luck guessing!
Thanks. That is sure good to know. Do you know how I can find out what type of machine it is? I tried to follow the checklist on the other site, but didn't get a good enough look at the machine to field through the questions.
Nope! You need the serial number or a picture of the machine. That was why I said have fun guessing. Sorry, can't help you anymore than what I provided.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by RayneBowBrite
Hi, after posting this is the main section, I was told how to post in this area LOL (I'm very new here)

So, my OP was along the lines that I had picked up two treadles off CL's for $50. ($25 per treadle)
I have figured out one is a Singer #27, that was pretty easy, already wound a bobbin, threaded and sewed on it last night, no instructions, it all clicked in my head LOL (after a good oiling) .
The other...I am having a heck of of time with. Says "Queen" on the arm, not "new' "the" or any other words, just Queen LOL (I have been trying like mad to figure out what it is)
I attached pictures of both machines, The drawers we're filled with all sorts of things...I'll have to post pics of some of those things as well! Have NO idea of what most the stuff is...
I did find a certificate of warranty for the queen sewing machine, I can try to take a pic of it...but its in REALLY rough shape, The date on it was Oct. 22nd 1900. Had a 5 yr warranty!!!! :lol: Also had The White Sewing Company on the slip of paper.

And a lil introduction about me, I am 26, I stay home with my 4 kids, ages ~ almost 5yr, one will be 3 at the end of August, a 16month old and a 4 month old. I started sewing a couple years ago, picked up a Pfaff 4240. My grandma gave me her Husqvarna Freesia, and my grandpa surprised me with a Brother machine.

Sorry for the massive post, all 4 kids are mellow and chill, and I can type with out holding a kid lol Hopefully it makes sense, I am a lil scattered brain, on day two of not smoking, and totally cut out drinking Mountain Dew as well,(one my 3rd cup of coffee) taking up treadling as my new habit, its easy to do even with the kids awake, and they like pushing the pedal :)
WOW!! I want to move to Minnesota!!! What a deal you got....out of imagination here...those machines would have been $200 each.
There are a ton of them on Craigslist for 125$ and up. I have been hunting for a few months. Saw these, originally it was $60, but the lady wrote me back and said if I could get them that day, I could have them for $50, she needed them gone... didn't have $50 to spend, asked my dad if I could borrow $50, he borrowed me it, and told him I don't have to pay him back if I got myself a pair of shoes with it! I need new shoes, so its a win-win! I love my dad! His mom had an old treadle, and he understands why I'm drawn to them.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:04 AM

This is the machine I would go after if I lived in the Baltimore area, Necchi Supernova in treadle.
Even the cabinet looks pristine!
I'm sitting here drooling on the west coast.
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/app/2420343335.html
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 AM

So the church that I quilt at is having their garage sale this weekend. They want 80.00 for a vintage machine whose decals are coming off, no attachments and no shuttle or spindle bobbins. I think it's outrageous, but a friend of mine thinks it would be a good investment. The serial number is starts with a B and has all 8's and 9's in the number part. I'm trying to figure out what type of machine it is.

The decals say Singer, and it has a good size throat area, just a shade smaller than my 66. But it has some reddish tint to the decals. I KNOW it is not a redeye, but the decals are real similar. It has a drop in area for one of those long bobbins (shuttle right?) no shuttle bobbin casing though. It seems like a lot of money for a machine that can't possibly work with no shuttle. I just wish I could figure out what it is.
Sounds like a 128 with La Vincedora decal.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:15 AM

This is the machine I would go after if I lived in the Baltimore area, Necchi Supernova in treadle.
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/app/2420343335.html
Sweet looking machine and nice cabinet. That machine might be the one that would break my dependence on e-machines. Thanks for showing us. ~ Chris
Old 06-07-2011, 11:18 AM

The Queen was made by White; as your warranty states, sometime in the 1890's.

Originally Posted by RayneBowBrite
The other...I am having a heck of of time with. Says "Queen" on the arm, not "new' "the" or any other words, just Queen LOL (I have been trying like mad to figure out what it is)
. . . . The date on it was Oct. 22nd 1900. Had a 5 yr warranty!!!! :lol: Also had The White Sewing Company on the slip of paper.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Yes--when I get it in out of the car. Like I said, not for me, it belongs to someone else. It's a Julia.

Originally Posted by MarieM
Miz Johnny, can you post pics of the lavendar Necchi?
Yes, I would like to see a lavendar Necchi too!

Welcome back Miz Johnny!