Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie'sMom
She is a Westie and we have two other Westies. They are wonderful little dogs
Annie, my Westie was a stray, I didn't realize what breed she was until she gained some weight and her fur started growing in thicker. She weighed about 10 lbs and was very skinny, course she had lots of fleas. She thinks she's the alpha dog...
the bigger dogs tell her otherwise.
Thanks for answering my question. :lol:
Sharon W.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by purplefiend
I would suggest that you join www.treadleon.net There is lots of good information that will show you how to do what you
are asking about. I never had to drill any holes for my machines as I have 3 Singer treadle cabinets. So I have no personal experience with doing it myself, not a woodworking gal, I handle the machines.
The following link shows you how to adapt a tabletop so that you can put a treadle machine in/on it.

http://www.treadleon.net/woodshop/tr...readletop.html

I'd like to see it when you're done.
Sharon W. in Texas
Hey Sharon!!! Thanks LOADS for that link. That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Luckily someone on this board that I know has offered me the original top of a treadle with all the holes cut into it. I think it will make it much easier!! :-)
Janice,
I'm so glad that you got an easier solution. One of my treadles is what we call a "franken-treadle" it has the top from a Singer coffin top type treadle and the irons are Elgin made by Free, it works very well. The irons are so smooth and easy to treadle, has ball bearings in it.
Sharon
Old 06-16-2011, 01:57 PM

Annie, my Westie was a stray, I didn't realize what breed she was until she gained some weight and her fur started growing in thicker. She weighed about 10 lbs and was very skinny, course she had lots of fleas. She thinks she's the alpha dog...
Sharon W.
Thanks for rescuing her. I don't know how long you have had her, but she will be your best bud. She will remember that you came to her rescue.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:02 PM

Sharon W.
Thanks for rescuing her. I don't know how long you have had her, but she will be your best bud. She will remember that you came to her rescue.
Annie has been here since 2007, she is a sweetie and loves to cuddle. She earns her kibble by helping the other 3 dogs keep our acre free of rabbits and voles, she even likes the occasional grasshopper.

Annie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212411[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212405.jpe  
Old 06-16-2011, 02:35 PM

Im hoping someone can give me some information about this Kenmore. I looked on the internet and I got years from the 30's to the 50's. The seriel # is 270003, and the model # is 117-552. An old neighbor gave this to me. Any information would be appriciated. Also I have no attachments or the book for it, only the foot that is on it. Any ideas where I can get them?

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212440[/ATTACH]

Foot lifter never seen one like this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212441[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212434.jpe   attachment-212435.jpe   attachment-212436.jpe  
Old 06-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

She is so adorable!!!

Billy
Old 06-16-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by SnowQuilt
Im hoping someone can give me some information about this Kenmore. I looked on the internet and I got years from the 30's to the 50's. The seriel # is 270003, and the model # is 117-552. An old neighbor gave this to me. Any information would be appriciated. Also I have no attachments or the book for it, only the foot that is on it. Any ideas where I can get them?
All I know is that your Kenmore was made by White.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SnowQuilt
Kenmore Rotary 117.552 made in 1954

As for the accessories and manual you will have to hit thrift stores, yard sales and ebay to find them.

Billy
Power Poster

Well, my sister just left town. While she was here we found a Bernina 530-2 in a mostly all there cabinet. I have never seen a Bernina in my life. It appears in good cosmetic shape and it turns. It has a whole bunch of weird feet. The stitch dial doesn't do much and the built in knee control doesn't move very far. I have yet to clean it up. I've had to catch up on regular work and hope to get something done on the machine over the week end. There is a manual - pretty small print... I'm thinking enlarge on the copy machine... The power does not go on when it is plugged in - no power at all. Is there some way to clean the contacts? Any info would help.

Originally Posted by Lostn51
She is so adorable!!!

Billy
Thank you