Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2027 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 1027 1527 1927 1977 2017 2026 2027 2028 2037 2077 2127 2527 3027 ... LastLast
Results 20,261 to 20,270 of 44029

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    We should do a whole topic on old attachment pictures. I know I could to PAGES.
    You ask and you shall receive!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-139458-1.htm

It is locked into our VSMS virtual forum so we can be able to see it from the main page. And if you guys want feel free to post the attachments in use and show us what they can do. With all of our different makes and models this should be a really neat thread.

Billy
    Billy, thanks. Now, even more to learn and read and time away from sewing. Yikes! Should be fun though.

Blog Entries
    Billy,
    Will you please add this thread, Quilts Made Using Vintage Machines, to the VSMS virtual forum too. I'm worried that it will be buried in the other area QB, never ever to be seen again. I don't want to be the only one posting every so often. I would love to see everyone's work using the vintage machines.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134918-1.htm

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Billy,
    Will you please add this thread, Quilts Made Using Vintage Machines, to the VSMS virtual forum too. I'm worried that it will be buried in the other area QB, never ever to be seen again. I don't want to be the only one posting every so often. I would love to see everyone's work using the vintage machines.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134918-1.htm

Thanks!
    I am working on a quilt that when finished will be done completely on my treadles. I am planning on adding it to the picture thread!

Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Davis Vertical Feed, NVS!!!!
    Someone please go after this! I love my two Davis Vertical Feed NVS for binding work. I really don't need a third one.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/atq/2506243252.html
    I wish I was closer! I might try and mail him and see if I can just buy the machine and he can mail it to me!

Billy
    I'm closer then you Billy but not close enough. I really want one of those.
    My husband has to go to San Jose tomorrow; I just emailed to see if the machine is still available!
    GO for it!!! These are wonderful machines. I love mine so much that I have two....I'm trying NOT to purchase this one.
    I am coming up there later this fall. Do you want to foster it for me for a few month? Of course then you may get too attached and not want to let it go. :-o

Here is my 15 K, ready for the kerosene bath. Wish me luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterGary
    http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/art/2476815954.html
    Viking Husqvarna 960 "Computer" Sewing Embroidery Machine
    I am going Sat morning to look at these michines. Does anyone have any thoughts on the michines?
    http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/art/2493310505.html
    I would check with a local dealer and see if replacement parts are available. Some of those with circuit boards can only be repaired with donor machines, the circuit boards no longer available from the dealers.
    Tommie

Blog Entries
    Just received word that the 66 HC we shipped overseas made it in fine shape. We try to pack well but always breathe a sigh of relief when it gets there ok.
    Bought it for $10 and took the motor off, changed wheel and bobbin winder and converted to HC. Not much elecricity where we sent it.
    Tommie

Singer Centennial model 66 HandCrank
    Name:  Attachment-230195.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  28.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Davis Vertical Feed, NVS!!!!
    Someone please go after this! I love my two Davis Vertical Feed NVS for binding work. I really don't need a third one.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/atq/2506243252.html
    I wish I was closer! I might try and mail him and see if I can just buy the machine and he can mail it to me!

Billy
    I'm closer then you Billy but not close enough. I really want one of those.
    My husband has to go to San Jose tomorrow; I just emailed to see if the machine is still available!
    GO for it!!! These are wonderful machines. I love mine so much that I have two....I'm trying NOT to purchase this one.
    I am coming up there later this fall. Do you want to foster it for me for a few month? Of course then you may get too attached and not want to let it go. :-o
    What, you don't want to do the road tour that I posted? No seriously, I can't fit this into my schedule right now; otherwise, this machine would have been mine by now. I saw it posted once before, about 2 weeks ago. At that time, I had wished that someone would grab it. So, here I am again wishing that this machine makes it to another.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilu
    Just received word that the 66 HC we shipped overseas made it in fine shape. We try to pack well but always breathe a sigh of relief when it gets there ok.
    Bought it for $10 and took the motor off, changed wheel and bobbin winder and converted to HC. Not much elecricity where we sent it.
    Tommie
    Nice machine and very nice gesture.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emmah
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    grayhare, that machine is sweet!! :)

I wouldn't recover the case...the wear and tear is part of it's charm. The only thing I might do is use some wood glue to reattach the part of the cover that's torn/coming loose, and clean the case....I use a product from the dollar store called "Awesome"....great stuff, and I've used it on some of my cases with sucess!
    Charlee--awesome is a cleaner, right, not a glue?
    Yes...and it's AWESOME!! :lol: I really like the stuff..and for a buck it's even more special.