Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2140 of 4379 FirstFirst ... 1140 1640 2040 2090 2130 2139 2140 2141 2150 2190 2240 2640 3140 ... LastLast
Results 21,391 to 21,400 of 43788

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms
    Quote Originally Posted by grayhare
    http://modesto.craigslist.org/atq/2523182569.html
    Take a look at this, it must have been buried somewhere.
    This is one looks just like that at a local consignment shop...priced at $35!!
    Looks like one of these, just that someone knocked the corner off the front right side.

http://cgi.ebay.com/170672296692?clk...d=252386124981

Nice find!

Blog Entries
    Okay, I like everyone's new vintage machines. Lots of nice finds. Congrats to all!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    Looky what came in the mail from Billy (Lostin51) :mrgreen:
    It's awesome!!!!!!

He said it ran really smooth and he was RIGHT!!! I haven't run it with thread yet but was amazed at how much pep it has!!! This sewing machine is H-E-A-V-Y---must weight about 200 lbs...lol!

Billy, I can't figure out how to put the spool pin back in or even where it goes :roll:
    Cathy, very pretty Atlas! I love the color!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Hahaha!! Well, I put it in my truck to bring to work to show someone, but DH showed up to pick up the truck to go get our trailer, and while he had it, he saw the case in the back seat. I told him I had picked it up from layaway and had put it in the truck. It's only the timeframe that those happened that I kinda fudged on a bit.....it's OK. I bought it with my overtime pay money, so it didn't come out of our household money!! I'm legal!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

My wife said I could not have any more machines until I paint the house. I have a really big two story house so it could be awhile for me. :lol: :lol:
    Janice, congratulations - I think, getting the machine was a great way to spend your overtime!

Glenn, you better get to painting!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    My wife said I could not have any more machines until I paint the house. I have a really big two story house so it could be awhile for me. :lol: :lol:
    I'm pretty handy with a paint roller and brush Glenn...wish I lived closer, I'd come help ya!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    I'm pretty handy with a paint roller and brush Glenn...wish I lived closer, I'd come help ya!
    Charlee, that machine is exquisite! Does it say '87' as in 1887? Wow, what a find! That one better stay at your house for the kids to inherit!

Nancy

Charlee, Mamie and her cabinet are some eye candy for sure. Congrats!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks gang!

Nancy, it does! "Pat. Sep 87"...I'm pretty sure that is NOT when it or the machine were made, but I really don't KNOW when the machine was made..I'm hoping to find out tho!

Edited to add:

A bit of detective work with my partner, Google, tells me that this machine was made in the early 1900's... I found this "timeline":

In the early 1900s, the company apparently moved its operation to Cleveland, Ohio, and was renamed the A.G. Mason Sewing Machine Company. In 1916, the company was purchased by the Domestic Sewing Machine Company which itself later merged with the White SM Co. in the 1920s.

So because the slide plate tells me that the machine is A.G. Mason, Cleveland, OH, the machine was made after 1900, but before 1916....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Thanks gang!

Nancy, it does! "Pat. Sep 87"...I'm pretty sure that is NOT when it or the machine were made, but I really don't KNOW when the machine was made..I'm hoping to find out tho!

Edited to add:

A bit of detective work with my partner, Google, tells me that this machine was made in the early 1900's... I found this "timeline":

In the early 1900s, the company apparently moved its operation to Cleveland, Ohio, and was renamed the A.G. Mason Sewing Machine Company. In 1916, the company was purchased by the Domestic Sewing Machine Company which itself later merged with the White SM Co. in the 1920s.

So because the slide plate tells me that the machine is A.G. Mason, Cleveland, OH, the machine was made after 1900, but before 1916....
    Extremely Gorgeous!!! You hold onto that machine. Thanks for the history and sharing the photos of that beauty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emmah
    I found this in a box of old sewing stuff. Does anyone have any ides what it is for? The small shiny handle is a crank that makes the long straight piece spin. There is a hole in the center of the straight piece. The bottom? looks like it clamps on to something.
    Looks as though it would be good to wind embroidery floss.