Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2462 of 4380 FirstFirst ... 1462 1962 2362 2412 2452 2461 2462 2463 2472 2512 2562 2962 3462 ... LastLast
Results 24,611 to 24,620 of 43792

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S.
    I am up to 22 sewing machines with one not working. I gave my sister-in-law my Janome 10,000 yesterday. Today I came home with a message on my voice mail from a friend. She bought me another sewing machine. She got it at a thrift store for $15. It is an Adler. The attachment box has writting in German on it. Luckly the manual is in English. The serial number is 62958. I called Adler and was told that Adler does not keep records of any of their machines. I checked out the internet and could not find anything. Can anyone tell me about this sewing machine? Hopfully Nancy will post pictures of it for me :lol: . Kathie
    Here is Kathie's Adler - a 15 clone! Kathie, I love it! Congratulations! Geeze, I'd of got that one for $15!

Kathie's Adler
    Name:  Attachment-264687.jpe
Views: 323
Size:  49.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Darren, I love the 185! Is she really noisey? A gal brings a 185 to Girls Night Out that just clangs!

Nancy
    Actually she's relatively quiet. Of course I oiled her up good before I used her. I'll have to compare the noise to one of the Pfaffs.

Darren[/quote]

Well that is interesting! I was avoiding the 185's because of the clanking noise! They are so cute, though, I will be on the lookout for one now - my Pfaffs purrrrrrr!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Here she is!! More pics will be on my blog (second link, not the Dear Jane link) in about an hour!! :)
    Wow and WOW, Charlee! Geeze, that Davis makes me drool! You guys have done a fantastic job!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    anybody near Louisville, KY?
    http://louisville.craigslist.org/atq/2617450429.html - it's down to $10!!!
    Wish somebody would do a listing like that one in the Dallas area. It would be scooped up fast.

Texas Jan
    It's a 3 hour drive down there for me.... gggrrrrrrrrrr Maybe somebody from Louisville will get it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Looks like it...W&W 9...pretty rough shape tho.
    I emailed them but haven't heard back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Darren, I love the 185! Is she really noisey? A gal brings a 185 to Girls Night Out that just clangs!

Nancy
    Actually she's relatively quiet. Of course I oiled her up good before I used her. I'll have to compare the noise to one of the Pfaffs.

Darren
    Well that is interesting! I was avoiding the 185's because of the clanking noise! They are so cute, though, I will be on the lookout for one now - my Pfaffs purrrrrrr!

Nancy[/quote]

Was it a 185 or a 285 - the 285s were pretty crummy machines - not built as well.

Blog Entries
    Quick Q. If you can't lower them, can you free motion if you pull out the feed dogs? I was thinking of playing around with the Spartan. She did have a little issue with the tension spring. I didn't catch on to it right away though. DUH. Got it fixed and learned a lot. I think maybe that is why she was never used. I can see why someone would want to hand crank too. Sweet little machine!

Quick Q. If you can't lower them, can you free motion if you pull out the feed dogs? I was thinking of playing around with the Spartan. She did have a little issue with the tension spring. I didn't catch on to it right away though. DUH. Got it fixed and learned a lot. I think maybe that is why she was never used. I can see why someone would want to hand crank too. Sweet little machine!
    I've read where ppl cover the feed dogs with an old credit card but don't know if it actually works but someone on here will know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    I've read where ppl cover the feed dogs with an old credit card but don't know if it actually works but someone on here will know.
    how does the credit card hold on? I don't want to use duct tape.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    I paid $35 for my godzilla finished 128 with a bentwood case.

Karen, my 1928 Leader is a very small treadle as is my 1904 Ruby.
    And my 128 looks just like yours.
    Question...are 128's basically the same as 99's inside and just the finish is different?