Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2463 of 4381 FirstFirst ... 1463 1963 2363 2413 2453 2462 2463 2464 2473 2513 2563 2963 3463 ... LastLast
Results 24,621 to 24,630 of 43806

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #24621
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    I paid $35 for my godzilla finished 128 with a bentwood case.

    Karen, my 1928 Leader is a very small treadle as is my 1904 Ruby.
    And my 128 looks just like yours.
    Question...are 128's basically the same as 99's inside and just the finish is different?
    No....not really. The 128 is a Vibrating Shuttle, the 99 has a round bobbin...

  2. #24622
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Here she is!! More pics will be on my blog (second link, not the Dear Jane link) in about an hour!! :)
    Wow and WOW, Charlee! Geeze, that Davis makes me drool! You guys have done a fantastic job!

    Nancy
    Thanks! :) Now if I can just make it sew!! :lol: The manual says to set the needle in a "triffle" above the "holder-thingie-ma-bob" (like my techie talk? :lol: ) What the heck is a "triffle" other than a cake layered with fruit, whipped cream and pudding? ;)

    Actually, I need to finish cleaning the machine, before I play too much with stitching, but I couldn't help myself, and last nite managed to get a few tiny stitches out of her before the thread broke!

  3. #24623
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,604
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Here she is!! More pics will be on my blog (second link, not the Dear Jane link) in about an hour!! :)
    Wow and WOW, Charlee! Geeze, that Davis makes me drool! You guys have done a fantastic job! Nancy
    Thanks! :) Now if I can just make it sew!! :lol: The manual says to set the needle in a "triffle" above the "holder-thingie-ma-bob" (like my techie talk? :lol: ) What the heck is a "triffle" other than a cake layered with fruit, whipped cream and pudding? ;)
    Actually, I need to finish cleaning the machine, before I play too much with stitching, but I couldn't help myself, and last nite managed to get a few tiny stitches out of her before the thread broke!
    Charlee, A trifle bit is just a wee bit less less than a tad bit. Does this help?? :mrgreen:

  4. #24624
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    I paid $35 for my godzilla finished 128 with a bentwood case.

    Karen, my 1928 Leader is a very small treadle as is my 1904 Ruby.
    And my 128 looks just like yours.
    Question...are 128's basically the same as 99's inside and just the finish is different?
    No....not really. The 128 is a Vibrating Shuttle, the 99 has a round bobbin...

    But, they have the same size motor and power?

  5. #24625
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Posts
    1,444
    Thanks for the information on the no. 66 bobbins for the older machines. My hubby thought that one might just file down the new ones and make them work, but I don't want to mess up my wonderful 99 with trying them. It's not worth it. I'll gladly pay the dollar each for the bobbins from now on. How many do I need, anyway? I have 5 of the new ones and one old one that came in the machine. Should I go and buy more, 'just in case'?
    Another dumb question. My 99 has a knob that makes the stitch length longer and shorter. Now which way do I need to turn it to make it longer? Anyone know? And how far to make much of a difference in the stitch length? There are no numbers on either it nor on the tension, but on the tension I never know which way to turn it to make it work right, but have gotten it adjusted so it is right at the moment, so won't fiddle with that until I need to.
    Thanks for the help.

  6. #24626
    Super Member deplaylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Webster, NY
    Posts
    1,007
    Blog Entries
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis
    Thanks for the information on the no. 66 bobbins for the older machines. My hubby thought that one might just file down the new ones and make them work, but I don't want to mess up my wonderful 99 with trying them. It's not worth it. I'll gladly pay the dollar each for the bobbins from now on. How many do I need, anyway? I have 5 of the new ones and one old one that came in the machine. Should I go and buy more, 'just in case'?
    Another dumb question. My 99 has a knob that makes the stitch length longer and shorter. Now which way do I need to turn it to make it longer? Anyone know? And how far to make much of a difference in the stitch length? There are no numbers on either it nor on the tension, but on the tension I never know which way to turn it to make it work right, but have gotten it adjusted so it is right at the moment, so won't fiddle with that until I need to.
    Thanks for the help.
    According to my manual to lengthen the stitch, turn the thumb screw to the right. To shorten the stitch, turn the thumb screw over to the left. It doesn't say how much to make a difference - I seem to remember it didn't take make.

  7. #24627
    Junior Member AliceQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Trumbull County, Ohio
    Posts
    252
    Hi all! I need help! I just bought a Kenmore 158.19461. It's a free arm machine without it's bed. Do any of you know where I might find this piece? Also it's a zig zag machine that won't zig zag. I've cleaned and oiled what I can get to and it didn't help. Any advice?

  8. #24628
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Here she is!! More pics will be on my blog (second link, not the Dear Jane link) in about an hour!! :)
    Wow and WOW, Charlee! Geeze, that Davis makes me drool! You guys have done a fantastic job! Nancy
    Thanks! :) Now if I can just make it sew!! :lol: The manual says to set the needle in a "triffle" above the "holder-thingie-ma-bob" (like my techie talk? :lol: ) What the heck is a "triffle" other than a cake layered with fruit, whipped cream and pudding? ;)
    Actually, I need to finish cleaning the machine, before I play too much with stitching, but I couldn't help myself, and last nite managed to get a few tiny stitches out of her before the thread broke!
    Charlee, A trifle bit is just a wee bit less less than a tad bit. Does this help?? :mrgreen:

    Yuh-huh!! :lol:

  9. #24629
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,583
    Blog Entries
    19
    miriam, on the Spartan, can you just loosen the pressure on the presser foot to FMQ? With my 301, I do not drop the feed dogs. It seems to work better with them slightly up.

  10. #24630
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    I paid $35 for my godzilla finished 128 with a bentwood case.

    Karen, my 1928 Leader is a very small treadle as is my 1904 Ruby.
    And my 128 looks just like yours.
    Question...are 128's basically the same as 99's inside and just the finish is different?
    No....not really. The 128 is a Vibrating Shuttle, the 99 has a round bobbin...

    But, they have the same size motor and power?
    I would think so...be careful with the 128...those shuttles don't do well with a lot of speed from what I understand.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.