Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3062 of 4401 FirstFirst ... 2062 2562 2962 3012 3052 3061 3062 3063 3072 3112 3162 3562 4062 ... LastLast
Results 30,611 to 30,620 of 44004

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Our Dutch ovens are a MUST on our camping trips! I refuse to "settle" for hamburgers and hotdogs every time we go camping, because we go quite a bit, and our camper doesn't have air conditioning so cooking inside can be miserable if the weather is hot!
    Some of the entrees we've cooked have been Pulled Pork Enchiladas in green chili sauce, Chicken Marsala, Meatloaf Flower, Turkey breast with a Ginger/Honey glaze, Pork loin roast with a cranberry glaze.... and one of my favorite deserts is to take a French Vanilla cake mix and bake it in a #10 oven, and then top it with canned blackberry pie filling and serve it with whipped cream...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

I made a cardboard box oven and we made muffins and cakes, and cupcakes, the kids loves it!!

Charlee,

"Margie" is gorgeous!!! I am envious. The 115 is a very smooth sewer, you'll love her.

Cathy

She's beautiful. I had a cabinet like this one, but sold it last year. NEVER have I run across a Gold Wings, though. They are wonderfully beautiful!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    WOOHOO!!! "Margie" is home with me now....and the spousal unit was able to get $100 knocked off the price! She's still the most expensive machine I own, but I justify that with the fact that it's the FIRST 115 I've ever seen, and the first cabinet like this I've ever seen, and I've looked in 3 states for them!
    Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos
    Miz Johnny

My girls have fond memories of cakes baked in a box!! My youngest turned 15 during an ice storm 9 years ago, and I hauled out the box oven to bake her cake. That might be the last time I've done that, but may have to show the granddaughters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North View Post
    I made a cardboard box oven and we made muffins and cakes, and cupcakes, the kids loves it!!
    Miz Johnny

Blog Entries
    Thanks Cathy! It was a fun day for me! I got to meet the real Margie, and pick up this machine! If you go back a few pages...I was ready to sell some of my others to get her, but the spousal unit turned out to be the one who couldn't let go of any of them and decided that he'd fork over his plastic instead! LOL

This lady sews beautifully, and is so free moving that unless I hold the handwheel, the needle "falls" down when I stop treadling! Tomorrow she'll get more of a workout, I'm too whipped tonite to do more than the cursory stitches.

It was funny...those guys at the antique store thought they were just going to grab her and load her in the car....William stopped them and let them know that there was no way I was going to let that cabinet in the car with the machine still in it...stuff came out of the drawers too, I think they thought I was crazy!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
    She's beautiful. I had a cabinet like this one, but sold it last year. NEVER have I run across a Gold Wings, though. They are wonderfully beautiful!!
    Miz Johnny, if YOU have never seen the Gold Wings, then I know I did the right thing by bringing her home!! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
    My girls have fond memories of cakes baked in a box!! My youngest turned 15 during an ice storm 9 years ago, and I hauled out the box oven to bake her cake. That might be the last time I've done that, but may have to show the granddaughters!!
    Here is a pic before I took it out of the box, it is a vintage machine, right?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Up North; 02-07-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Donna, we didn't want to see your buns....

Blog Entries
    One time a friend of ours gave us a deer leg. He was some city official and some deer trashed a restaurant and somehow died. He got the body for some reason. Anyway we cooked the leg (beer tenderizes but don't breathe a word about the beer to mom, sis - she reads this stuff you know...) in our oven. We fed 25 people that night and had left overs. (big oven) DH has baked pies, biscuits, muffins all kinds of stuff over the years in the big oven. In the little oven there isn't anything but tomatoes he hasn't tried. One of my favorites for camping is: Get some dried hominy and soak half a bag over night. Drain and boil until tender. Then put in some sausage and onion and carrots. Cook until tender.