Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3195 of 4418 FirstFirst ... 2195 2695 3095 3145 3185 3194 3195 3196 3205 3245 3295 3695 4195 ... LastLast
Results 31,941 to 31,950 of 44177

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    That's a great deal! It's a straight-leg with a 15 head.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Attachment 317951Wow, Charlee I love the Hitachi treadle. It is still strange to me and exciting to own my Hitachi given that Hitachi claims they did not ever make sewing machines - yet, Monica found several of them listed in Japan! I just sent my e-mail to the wrong department in Hitachi - still makes it a fun machine to own! I have not seen another Hitachi here in the states, though!Nancy
    Nancy, Hitachi may not have manufactured sewing machines. My husband states that he doesn't think they did; he doesn't recall them making sewing machines. He was surprise also at seeing the Hitachi machines that I found. This machine could be a 'badged" machine. The name Hitachi means sunrise. This name could have been a store's name, just like here in the states some department stores had their names put on machines. We just associate the name Hitachi with the one company.

I still would love to know the history of that machine, but for now it will remain a mystery.

Blog Entries
    Missed you all!! Did you miss me????

Of course we missed you. Glad you made it through the tornado weather. We had tornado watches. Where I live we have mountains around us so usually breaks up the strong storms. Love these mountains.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Joe, you'll figure it out...or have a nice parts machine on your hands. It's a big puzzle and that's part of the fun of fixing these machines.
    Yep, a puzzle is the word.
    I worked a bit on the tension, had to take an 1/8th turn out of the bobbin tension. It was too tight. That seemed so even up the stitch quite a bit. Only sewing something will tell me for sure.

There is one annoying thing this machine has been doing and I found out why. When I set the stitch control lever to the longest stitch the first revolution of the machine bumps it up about two stitch sizes.
    Well, the shafts and rods are hitting each other underneath. I probably did that when I adjusted the feed dogs. Something else to play with.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post

Haven't had time to do anything with any machines in over a month...now that the wedding is over I can concentrate on those. I'll be putting pics and stuff up as I go. Missed you all!! Did you miss me???? LOL
    YES! I thought of you during the reports of the tornados and hoped that the wedding went on. I have been praying for everyone that lives in the area of the nasty weather and torandos...been checking to see who posts, and if they are safe.

Blog Entries
    And this is why I want a basement. The legs on this lady are cute! http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2888084166.html
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-03-07 at 9.51.53 AM.png
Views: 240
Size:  128.5 KB

[QUOTE=

I did manage to find something for Margie (the member, not the machine! ) She's been looking for New Home attachments for her treadle, and I found a set for her!

[/QUOTE]

Just want to say "Thank You" Charlee nice to have another set of eyes!!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...5F1E81D66A.png
    Whatever I said in anger, Whatever I shouted in spite, I'm sorry I spoke so quickly--I thought of some worse ones tonight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    That's a great deal! It's a straight-leg with a 15 head.
    Ah!! But it's a Janome, not a Singer!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post

Haven't had time to do anything with any machines in over a month...now that the wedding is over I can concentrate on those. I'll be putting pics and stuff up as I go. Missed you all!! Did you miss me???? LOL
    ABSOLUTELY we missed you!!!! So glad that tornado took another path or fizzled out!

You can be sure that if I get a chance to go to a California TOGA, that I'll be blasting the news every other post in here!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Chris, I have been off the board for a couple days with my little Mowgli and Jury duty. You are going to have to go through doggy surgery too? I hope it is just a simple spay or something?Nancy
    It is surgery for cancer one big spot and several smaller spots. Buddy, a boxer, is 10.5 years old and we love him dearly and are going through with this one. We hope it willl nip the spider cell cancer (malignant) in the bud and that it hasn't spread but big spot is growing so we are worried. Trust our vet implicitly to do the right and best thing for him. His pre-surgery and older doggy bloodwork came back excellent so vet is optimistic. She too has a boxer but only 5 years old so she does know what we are facing with him. Thanks for asking and glad Mowgli and you are doing well.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options