Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-07-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Chris if it says "Pfaff" people think they have a gold mine. Especially with the 130's. Those are great machines, but if you really want it just make an offer and let them sit on it with your phone number. Yes, on e-bay the 130's go for more than most Singers, but with the economy in the tank $400 is too high even for a 130!Nancy
I thought his pricce was too high but will keep looking maybe or just work on some more of my own machines so I don't think about that one.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:50 PM

Charlee,

I'm counting on you at the next TOGA at my place. Not sure when that will be, need to set a date.
I'll even find sofa space for you. Bring your own pillow. (GGG)
Cathy

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
ABSOLUTELY we missed you!!!! So glad that tornado took another path or fizzled out!

You can be sure that if I get a chance to go to a California TOGA, that I'll be blasting the news every other post in here!!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:56 PM

Ah!! But it's a Janome, not a Singer!
Yup! Which may possibly mean that it will sew even better!! Japanese had and sometimes still do have a way of improving items, a tweaking. It may not be their own original design, but they tweak the flaws to make the item perform better. They have even done so with pastry!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
It is surgery for cancer one big spot and several smaller spots. Buddy, a boxer, is 10.5 years old and we love him dearly and are going through with this one. We hope it willl nip the spider cell cancer (malignant) in the bud and that it hasn't spread but big spot is growing so we are worried. Trust our vet implicitly to do the right and best thing for him. His pre-surgery and older doggy bloodwork came back excellent so vet is optimistic. She too has a boxer but only 5 years old so she does know what we are facing with him. Thanks for asking and glad Mowgli and you are doing well.
Chris, I'll be praying for your Buddy.

Candace's cat, and anyone else that I have missed, I'll be wishing a speedy recovery to health.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Charlee,

I'm counting on you at the next TOGA at my place. Not sure when that will be, need to set a date.
I'll even find sofa space for you. Bring your own pillow. (GGG)
Cathy
I will do my best!

Got some time to plan a date...I'm going to be paying off some plastic for a bit...the spousal unit's daughters are coming to visit for his birthday at my expense...it'll be the first time he's seen them in 13 years, and he doesn't know they're coming. I put it together with them, and they're excited to be able to surprise him! Hopefully this visit will heal some old wounds, on both sides.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 PM

I am, I am, but going to pass this one up. I have a Janome similar to this and a singer straight leg cabinet I could put it in.

But if someone needs me to pick it up for them, would be glad to foster. If I recall this has been posted before and the price has come down.

Last edited by quilt addict; 03-07-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:13 PM

I wish I lived back in Northern California. I wouldn't miss one of your TOGAs. I think a central California TOGA is a great idea. or maybe we can get one of the northern experts to come down to Socal for a weekend and do a TOGA with on of us.

It has taken me a whole week to get caught up on the board. Some great machines have been found. Hope everyone's furbabies do well in recovery and their health conditions. I know how much they mean to you.

And sympathy to those who have lost family members.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Chris, I'll be praying for your Buddy.

Candace's cat, and anyone else that I have missed, I'll be wishing a speedy recovery to health.
Thanks for your prayers. We are concerned but trust that he will be in good hands for the surgery. Again, thanks for prayers as people think prayer requests for your fur kids are strange but there are days when I'll gladly take take fur kids over human kids.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:45 PM

Default American Machine maker?

I saw this on CL and was wondering, who made this machine. I bit different then I have seen for the take up lever. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/atq/2872836014.html

I am speculating that it is a National or Domestic machine. Not able to access ISMACS website to do any research and was thinking I would stop by tonight and look at it.

The photo's sent by the seller are too big and cannot figure out how to resize a JPG.

So the take up lever is on the faceplate side and it swings in an arc. Has anyone seen that before?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM

This man was very clever and frugal in repairing this treadle.
He also has a very nice Bernina.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxUj6...eature=related