Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3581 of 4369 FirstFirst ... 2581 3081 3481 3531 3571 3580 3581 3582 3591 3631 3681 4081 ... LastLast
Results 35,801 to 35,810 of 43690

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Glenn, I hope you wear it out.
    That is what I told my son. It will most likely be worn out before he gets it.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    That is what I told my son. It will most likely be worn out before he gets it.
    Skip
    In that case, take it with you when you go!! (In the FAR, DISTANT future!)
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Glenn, somewhere on QB someone had a post about quilted casket covers..... I guess you could take it with you...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Glenn, somewhere on QB someone had a post about quilted casket covers..... I guess you could take it with you...
    Now Miriam and Charlee I am much to young to think about that now.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Glenn, my DH said to make sure you polish those buttons on the confederate uniform because we may need those uniforms the way things are going. BTW he likes your quilt too!
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Crossstitcher;5299460]Glenn, my DH said to make sure you polish those buttons on the confederate uniform because we may need those uniforms the way things are going. BTW he likes your quilt too![/QUOTE

I am going to keep them polished just in case.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Glenn/Skipper you are so welcome. What a great addition you are to this group - you so deserve that quilt! I want to finally thank each and every one of you who did blocks. I know how hard it is to take the time - we all have such busy lives! I so enjoyed receiving those blocks and having the honor of quilting them!

Glenn that quilt was done with a variety of machines! The back ground to each block was added with either a FW in Girls Night Out or with my 319w in treadle when home! The sashings were put on each block with my Pfaff 1222e because it does such a good job with that IDT - walking foot - then the sashings for each block were connected together with the 1222e also. ALL the quilting on each and every block was done on my Singer 15-88 treadle!~ Quilting the blocks was soooooo much fun using the treadle! I tried very hard to never mess with an applique'. I just echoed everywhere I could so the block's integrity was not messed with! I really enjoyed the whole process. The quilt is a "quilt as you go" technique with each block quilted separately and put together with sashing!

I want to thank Miriam and Charlee for the idea and for letting me make the quilt! The first block I received was from Joe - it is first in the quilt, the last block came from England - Muv, so that block is last with everyone else in the middle! Like I said earlier, we have 3 countries in that quilt - US, Canada, and England and 10 of our states! There were 21 people involved! I showed the quilt to everyone I know as I was making it - everyone loved the blocks - they got to see them as I received them! You guys did a great job on the blocks! Some will stick with me - like the braces Candace put on her fishy's teeth and the door that open in Miriams block! What a great bunch of quilters you all are! What a great tribute it is - to a great guy!

NancyName:  Glenns Quilt.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  1.85 MB
    Last edited by BoJangles; 06-18-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nancy I love the way you quilted the blocks and I have to say the back is really nice two. It really makes me feel good to have such nice friends here in VSMS.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Name:  Glenns back.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  1.75 MB
    Nancy I love the way you quilted the blocks and I have to say the back is really nice two. It really makes me feel good to have such nice friends here in VSMS.
    Glenn if I were there I'd love to get a hug! Here is the back so everyone knows what you are talking about! Yeah, and talk about tearing up - I did that when I read the first post from Pat forwarded by Miriam! I was on pins and needles waiting for you to receive this quilt. I am so glad you like it!

Nancy

Oh and I love you new Avator! But don't thank me - that quilt is a joint effort! I couldn't have made a quilt like that without all the wonderful blocks made by the folks here!
    Last edited by BoJangles; 06-18-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    So I have to ask...did you put it down long enough to finish getting the camper ready? How many times have you picked it up since this afternoon? (I ask, because I know I would have had to pick it up several times if it was done for me! )
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com