Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Terryl
what's a chain stitcher?
It is a type of machine that only uses one spool of thread and makes stitches that look like a chain. You did not have a bobbin at all to deal with.

I think charlee got a bit mixed up thinking you were looking at the W&G's and not the Necchi.

Billy
Old 05-03-2010, 04:04 PM

~laffin~ Charlee's USUALLY mixed up...has nothing to do with drinking either, altho after a day like today, I may take it up!! ;)

Yes, I was thinking of the Wilcox and Gibbs...
Old 05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Banned

Okay kiddos this little orphaned machine showed up at my doorstep this afternoon. It is a Singer 128 with the "La Vencedora" decals and according to the serial it was allocated on March 17 1926 with 20,000 of them allotted for the run.

It is in wonderful condition for its age and this is going to be the machine that I will do the Tutorials on since its one that needs all of the work! :lol: :lol:

The machine is in a bentwood case that is in really nice shape and even though it has a few scratches and nicks it will look like a finely kept antique when I get through with it. And I am not refinishing it at all.

This machine will more than likely be a 3 part tute, the first being "how to clean and preserve a machine". The second one with be "Refurbishing a case or cabinet" the same principle applies to both. And the third will be "How to convert one to a hand crank".

And just think I still have a mint 500A coming this week also in a factory cabinet and all of the accessories, warranty and original bill of sale!!

Billy

The only real bad spot but you will never know it was there when I am finished with it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39695[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-39692.jpe   attachment-39693.jpe   attachment-39694.jpe   attachment-39695.jpe  
Old 05-03-2010, 07:00 PM

I can't wait to see how you repair the bad paint on the bed. You must use your car repair painting talents on this. Want to see what black paint you use. I am looking forward to this tut. Glenn
Old 05-03-2010, 07:02 PM

Here, here, the wood I can handle but no experience with the metal.

Sharon
Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 PM

Pretty baby Billy!!

I got Jenny (the Singer 201-2) running today...still need to get some grease for the motor, but other than that she hums right along! :)
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Banned

My thoughts exactly... but hubby thought it would lose it's value but heck I don't want to just look at her I want to use her lol
Old 05-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Glenn
I can't wait to see how you repair the bad paint on the bed. You must use your car repair painting talents on this. Want to see what black paint you use. I am looking forward to this tut. Glenn
I will use an automotive paint and I will mix it so that it is the right color. There is only around a thousand different colors of black out there!!

Billy
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

The machine is in a bentwood case that is in really nice shape and even though it has a few scratches and nicks it will look like a finely kept antique when I get through with it. And I am not refinishing it at all.

This machine will more than likely be a 3 part tute, the first being "how to clean and preserve a machine". The second one with be "Refurbishing a case or cabinet" the same principle applies to both. And the third will be "How to convert one to a hand crank". Billy
Great machine! I really like those bentwood cases. And, I can hardly wait for the tutorials forth coming!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whisper2btrflys
My thoughts exactly... but hubby thought it would lose it's value but heck I don't want to just look at her I want to use her lol
I wont lose any of the integrity of the machine I am just going to touch up the rust spot and thats it. The decals will all be there and you will not even notice it being done unless I tell you where I did it.

I do have a few tricks up my sleeve when it comes to paint work!!!!

Even can duplicate a faded paint just by using a tad of flatner in the color and use a little more of certain toners.

Billy