Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 604 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 594 603 604 605 614 654 704 1104 1604 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltergirl80
    Do you think painting my featherweight like this would ruin the value? https://sites.google.com/site/custom...t-playboy-pink
    I love the pink one! I thought I was one of those die hard stay original people; and I'd buy that pink one in a heart beat!

Nancy
    This orange FW was on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-SEWING-M...46ea0&x=22&y=2

It sold for over $400.00!!!! I kind of like it. It reminds me of my daughter's Volks Wagon 'Thing' (a car that was only made for 2 years back in the 70's)--it was bright orange just like the FW in the picture. Here is a link to a picture of an orange "Thing" :
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/photophonic/2523755066/
    What a great color!
    Billy:
    Did you see this orange FW??? This is the color I want. I love, love, love it. Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is ok.
    Congrats on 400!!! Did you ever think you'd get there this fast?

Billy:
    I'm also wondering if you ever got hold of Judy. I'm still anxious to know how that turned out. I've sent you PMs, but haven't heard from you. Hope all is ok.

Miz Johnny,
    This is the 1st squarish coffin top I've ever had, I've got a mail box type for my other Singer treadle.
    I sewed with the new one all evening and its so smooth, even my Singer 237 zig zag is easier to treadle.

Billy,
    I'm having trouble loosening the handwheel to wind a bobbin on my 237; no clue how it got so tight; even DH can't get it loose. I use a "sidewinder" to wind my bobbins.
    Sharon W.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    You know the 237M was originally offered as a treadle in Italy I have one that my niece gave me this past weekend that I just gutted and serviced and I am going to use it in my treadle because I do not have a zig zag machine for it.

But I have the motor/foot pedal/light assembly and case just in case I want to put it back together.

Billy
    I had no idea it was offered as a treadle in Italy. I bought my 237 at a thrift shop for a mere $20, its in wonderful shape. The motor doesn't work very well as it had a stretch
    rubber belt on it that was too small for it. Its nice to have
    a zig zag treadle machine.

Blog Entries
    Nancy,
    Is it the stitch regulator or the tension regulator that you had set to 0? I played with my tension regulator after thinking that maybe you meant the tension and not the stitch regulator. First, I set the tension regulator to 0 which produced big loops on my bottom side of the fabric when I free motioned. Then, I set the tension to around 7 and the loops were gone. Try playing around with different tension settings until you no longer have loops ( if that was what you were referring to). Also make sure the thread in bobbin is the same as thread on top.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Billy,
    I'm having trouble loosening the handwheel to wind a bobbin on my 237; no clue how it got so tight; even DH can't get it loose. I use a "sidewinder" to wind my bobbins.
    Sharon W.
    Purplefiend, that happens with my 401A, I ask Billy a week ago about that and he suggest the "hand dryer," to it. Or a drop of kerosene and running it. He stated it gets gummed-up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltergirl80
    Here's a picture of the featherweight my dh brought home to me the other day :0)
    Very pretty little featherweight!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Very pretty FW but, then all the machines on here are pretty. I love them all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I did notice it had a bobbin winder on the machine also. I wonder if it was an option for the two spool.....

Billy
    The "bobbin' winder is for winding thread from one spool onto the spool that is used in the spool case (can). If you only have one spool of thread (huge spool), you can wind some of the thread onto the spool that is used in the can. I like the fact that I will not have to wind bobbins, instead it is a spool.
    I remember you saying that you hoped to treadle your Two Spool. Just wanted to let you know that the only treadle cabinet I've found that is the same bed size as the Two Spool is the National Rotary.