Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 902 of 4375 FirstFirst ... 402 802 852 892 901 902 903 912 952 1002 1402 1902 ... LastLast
Results 9,011 to 9,020 of 43746

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilu
    There is a beautiful parlor cabinet with a so so Singer in it in the Wichita, KS area. http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2184727371.html
    That's just like the one I just sold. And no, I didn't get anywhere NEAR that price!! LOL! It amazes me what people think these puppies are worth.
    According to a guy who owns an antique store where I live, that is the only kind of sewing machine he would have in his shop. It is a beauty but awfully pricey. Yes, I do know they're fairly rare but still seems pretty dear.

[quote=vintagemotif]
    Quote Originally Posted by kwendt
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Have another question. What do I use to get cigarette smoke out of/off of a vintage wood cabinet? The finish is shot, so I can strip it. I just don't know what, if anything will get that old tar/nicotine out of the porious wood. I didn't discover this issue until I got home and started getting hives on my hands and arms. I'm allergic to the tar... time. So any advice? Take the time and expense to strip it? (It's a cabinet 40) or ditch it. I do have another cabinet that my machine will fit it.. .if I can get the 66 out of it, without cutting the electric cord.
    Just switch the cabinets.
    Why should you cut the electrical cord?
    Some of the machines that I have I can't figure out how to get the cords out of the hole they run through without cutting them. The wiring is bad anyway so I don't mind cutting through them but I would like to find out the proper way to undo the wires.

I just bought a 27 off of Craig's list for $15. The side plate is missing. I bought it for the bobbin winder as the winder on my hc 27 is broken. This machine is in better shape so I just might keep it and look for another winder. Nancy you just might have made a horder out of me. lol Kathie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S.
    I just bought a 27 off of Craig's list for $15. The side plate is missing. I bought it for the bobbin winder as the winder on my hc 27 is broken. This machine is in better shape so I just might keep it and look for another winder. Nancy you just might have made a horder out of me. lol Kathie
    Is just the front plate missing? I may have both a bobbin winder and the plate.

Blog Entries
    Tommie, I really like you car tag. Maybe you will have better luck with your machine than I have with mine. Glenn[/quote]

Thanks. I've not even begun to work on the Davis, or the WW9, or the Mason. Hmmmm - I'm getting behinder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by kwendt
    The electric cord runs through a very small grommet in the side plate of the cabinet. It's a captive cord. Also, I just noticed that the kneelever/footpedal apparatus is totally different between the 20's 66 and the 40's 15-91. Hum.
    Just take the wiring loose from the footpedal, but make sure you mark which wire goes to which terminal. I've done it many times!!
    Thanks for this response. It has been awhile since I played with the foot pedals. I should have remembered that this was all that is needed. So simple a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by good_apple
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilu
    There is a beautiful parlor cabinet with a so so Singer in it in the Wichita, KS area. Here is the link so you can drool over the cabinet. No, I'm not going to see or buy it. They are pretty proud of it, lol.
    http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2184727371.html
    This cabinet looks just like the one I got in Aug on ebay for $135.00, but mine had a beautiful Singer Red eye. My Fair Lady now graces my living room, but someday I'm going to learn how to treadle.
    Anyone who wants a parlor cabinet should keep checking Craigslist. That's where I got mine, a year ago, for $100.00. I actually bought it because I wanted the Singer 'Red Eye' that was in it. I almost gave the cabinet away until I watched Treadle Lady's cute video about her parlor cabinet "Miss Ellen Elevator":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi8a_..._order&list=UL

My parlor cabinet
    Name:  Attachment-132159.jpe
Views: 76
Size:  56.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Anyone who wants a parlor cabinet should keep checking Craigslist. That's where I got mine, a year ago, for $100.00. I actually bought it because I wanted the Singer 'Red Eye' that was in it. I almost gave the cabinet away until I watched Treadle Lady's cute video about her parlor cabinet "Miss Ellen Elevator": [/quote]

If I find one for that price, you can bet I will enlarge the bathroom, lol.

Here is a really pretty parlor cabinet listed on CL in Stow, MA for $250.00
    :http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/atq/2177294808.html

I see them quite often on CL.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    Here is a really pretty parlor cabinet listed on CL in Stow, MA for $250.00
    :http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/atq/2177294808.html

I see them quite often on CL.
    VERY unusual decoration on this one!! I have not seen one like this before.