Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 952 of 4380 FirstFirst ... 452 852 902 942 951 952 953 962 1002 1052 1452 1952 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,520 of 43792

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    I think what you need is a spool pin for the thread to sit on? Billy sold me one for my 127. PM Billy to see if he still has the spool pins.

Nancy
    Nancy I just sent a PM!!

Billy
    You are so good!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman

Please, what's the difference between the VS and the TS?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbin_drivers
    Thank you for this site Miz Johnny! I have not had the privilege of sewing with a TS type shuttle. I will find one of those one of these days!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Kim, You can see pic of the cabinet for my pathfinder. It is finished with a fumed oak stain with three coats of shellac. (page 392) I used clear shellac instead of the orange because the stain was dark enough. The finish when I got it was black with age and had been revarnished several times with some kind of dark finish that was crazed and dirty. Glenn

Banned
    OMG!!!! I went and pulled the treadle I bought last night out of the trunk and I looked in its drawers and I found the accessories. This machine has all sorts of brass feet (all with the big E for Eldridge on them) and has the key to the locks on the top and drawers. The best I can tell it was made in 1885, I know it can not be any later than 1886 because they change locations of manufacture and it says Chicago on the machine in several places.

I think this will be one of the nicest machines in my collection before its over with. Also does anyone know where I can find the dating information for the Eldridge machines? I posted on the NB but as usual I am black balled and they are ignoring me. (I will try to muster a surprised look on my face :lol: )

Billy

buslady,

here it is again it works for me now. http://community.webshots.com/user/arachnesobsession

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    OMG!!!! I went and pulled the treadle I bought last night out of the trunk and I looked in its drawers and I found the accessories. This machine has all sorts of brass feet (all with the big E for Eldridge on them) and has the key to the locks on the top and drawers. The best I can tell it was made in 1885, I know it can not be any later than 1886 because they change locations of manufacture and it says Chicago on the machine in several places.

I think this will be one of the nicest machines in my collection before its over with. Also does anyone know where I can find the dating information for the Eldridge machines? I posted on the NB but as usual I am black balled and they are ignoring me. (I will try to muster a surprised look on my face :lol: )

Billy
    Pictures please, Glenn

Blog Entries
    thank you. didn't someone post a link to date the machines?

Holy cow!!!

I had no idea there were so many different bobbin "drives". . . . that's like computer talk that I don't fully understand either. . . . a: (drive), c: (drive), d: (drive). . .boy those machine companies were ahead of their time! ! ! Oh boy, MORE info to explore.

buslady,

If you go to the webshot site listed, and browse through, you'll see that there is a booklet there you can click on and it will open up so you can look at the dating info you are looking for. Hope this helps.

buslady, it's on page 1 and it says "serial numbers/dating machines. . . . Try that and see if it works for you. I just tried it again and I can go to it.