Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-23-2016, 06:05 PM

I'm kind of tuckered out with this type of project right now...I'm having a difficult time as it is with the current project...
Old 05-23-2016, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
I'm kind of tuckered out with this type of project right now...I'm having a difficult time as it is with the current project...
There's still a while to go before we finish... lots of time to think about it. Might need to schedule a break in between, too.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:45 PM
Power Poster

Sorry about your mother having more health problems.
QNS I am on my way! 🍩
Old 05-24-2016, 06:26 AM

Sewbiz, I made this block yesterday..it is so easy.. on Pinterest there's a scrappy one with bright colors..
Attached Thumbnails img_0768.jpg  
Old 05-24-2016, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Looks great, Honchey. They are easy. I like how you can arrange them several ways too, to get different looking quilts.

I saw one with black and whites, alternated with bright colors. Really liked how that looked, maybe for a child's quilt.

Well I stayed up late last night, hand embroidering. It's been decades since I did any embroidery, but at the Paducah quilt show I saw a pattern I just had to make for my husband. The center panel is an embroidered piece, so I undertook the project! And I have to say, I love hand embroidery! Who knew it would be so enjoyable? I got all of the graphic embroidered yesterday afternoon and night. (My stem stitch leaves a lot to be desired!) Just the words left to go, and then I can sew it into the red/white/blue wall hanging.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550744[/ATTACH]

I also bought another pattern at the show, for a quilt with 20 different embroidered blocks of flowers in baskets, alternated with 30's reproduction prints. It is so sweet! It's called Aunt Bea's Parlor. That's next on my hand embroidery list!

http://www.black-cat-creations.com/i...ils.php?id=113

When we were kids, my older sister's godmother sent her a hand made quilt. It had hand embroidered blocks for every state, with the state name, bird, and flower on each one. She alternated the blocks with pink gingham fabric. I loved that quilt so much... I think it left more of a lifelong impression on me than my sister. The Aunt Bea's Parlor quilt reminds me of it.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02472-small-.jpg  
Old 05-24-2016, 09:17 AM

Such a meaningful print Sewbiz, I haven't done any hand embroidery in about 46 years...I made 2 wall hangings of the capital of NJ when I was pregnant...I had to have complete bedrest then. I framed them then they ended up in the attic after a renovation..They are still there
Old 05-24-2016, 09:46 PM
Power Poster

That is nice Sewbizgirl. I love to hand embroider. I just find it relaxing.
Honchey I like that block. There is so much a person can do with it.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:57 PM

Great job Sewbizgirl! I have arthritis in my fingers and find I cannot do hand work much at all anymore! I even sew my bindings by machine too. I use to be so crafty, but my fingers limit what I can do now. It is the pits getting old(er).
Old 05-25-2016, 06:38 PM

I remember my DGM crying while sewing on my eighth grade granulation 3 tiered skirt...doong the work by hand. Then she heard of the Father of a neighbor lady who had arthritis so bad in his knees, they were treated him with hot vinegar packs. DGM thought that she did not have time to sit and use hot vinegar packs, so before she ate or drank anything for breakfast, she drank a Tablespoon of vinegar with teaspoon of water every morning for about two to three weeks. The pain went away, she could make a fist and move her fingers freely without pain' even use the needle and thread without pain.

At Liberty, Mo., the cancer patients get honey and vinegar every morning before breakfast. Interesting.

Had a bad hair day, hope to fix that tomorrow. Everyone have a good weekend...stay safe.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

QNS that is very interesting about the vinegar.

I have some great news tonight. I heard from my youngest sister that she seen where my nephew posted a bit about little Jessica. He just wrote that she was awake and off the respirator. I am so elated by that news, but I will call him tomorrow to see if she is still off the respirator and awake. That would be a big improvement. She can get plenty of rest over the summer, because today was the last full day of school in our county. I am thankful for all the wonderful prayers. <3

I did a bit of hand quilting on the baby quilt. It is almost finished so I can deliver it to the nurse for her baby. I will try to get a picture of it to show you all when finished.

I will be working on my blocks along as I can, but I also have to get a piece of fabric to do what I am thinking a whole cloth small quilt for my son and daughter in law to have ready at the end of September for their anniversary. My daughter in law said that is what she wants me to make them to match the curtains for their tiny camper to take across country. They are a print of trees, but she wants me to choose a color out of the print to make this small quilt out of a solid. I will have to sew and sew and say some prayers along the way.

I have a question. If there are some tea drinkers on here of hot tea, what are some tasty things to add to it for some nice flavorings? I want to drink my green tea, but whatever I put in it I don't want to compromise the good nutritional things it does.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 05-25-2016 at 07:24 PM.