Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 306 of 542 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 305 306 307 316 356 406 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Anael - That is BEAUTIFUL! I just love what you did with it. I really, really like sampler quilts. I think my ADD kicks in occasionally, and I detest doing the same thing over and over. Having each block something "new" appeals to me.

I have not finished all of step one, or step two in the Bonnie Hunter Mystery. I am almost done with three - but have not put the pinwheels together yet. I got behind when we went to Phoenix and have not caught up, but that is OK, I'm not in a hurry! It has taken me till the end of January to finish the last three Mystery quilts.

We are into our basketball season here, and went to the Women's tournament Friday, Saturday and Sunday down south of us. Another tournament the next two weekends. Then league play starts the first week of January.
    Last edited by JeanieG; 12-16-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

LOL Jeanie, how can you do the Bonny Hunter Mystery when you're detest doing the same thing over and over again? That's why I don't do her mystery quilts

OK, sorry you have more snow than expected. Don't send it to me please ! ! ! !
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Just got done with my family's card list..it seems the younger generation is very lax in that area..I send to them anyway...Dh does his part by putting the stamps on...Have to find my cookie tins to put my cookies in...I still have 4 recipes to bake..the dough has been made...My sister gave me her recipe for "Ranger" cookies..I have to make another batch..I ate half of them already..coconut, raisins and rice crispies in them ...They are sooooo good...the kids like them too!! The tree is next to take care of..I will snap it together later this evening.. the lights are already on it..& ...the kids will put the decorations on it when they visit on Wednesday... the snow is coming tomorrow..2-4" and it's supposed to get bitter cold tonight...the wood stove is going so it nice & toasty in the FR.. Funny tidbit: the toffee squares have chopped walnuts on top of the chocolate layer and the youngest asked "what's on top of the cookies"?
    and I told him chopped walnuts..his reply "did you get them a Walmart? I'm still laughing when I think about it...
    I have to go now..crusty bread is on tonite's menu and it's still in the store...H.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    LOL Jeanie, how can you do the Bonny Hunter Mystery when you're detest doing the same thing over and over again? That's why I don't do her mystery quilts

OK, sorry you have more snow than expected. Don't send it to me please ! ! ! !
    I know Anael - but they do come out so beautiful! I tend to procrastinate going into my sewing room to work on them, but once I get in there time seems to fly bye. I tend to do some of one project, then switch to another. LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Here are my MB's.
    Name:  MB's First 11 tagether #1.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  72.5 KB
    Here is where I played w/'em a bit.
    Name:  MB's First 11 tagether #2.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  52.5 KB

I have another picture. #2DSon had a few cushions by the fireplace as he sat there & read while gatherin' the warmth. Well Annie moved one o' 'em around till she got it right & used it for a pillow.

Name:  Annie & my pillow.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  51.6 KB
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I just read this & laughed so hard my sides hurt!
    http://distractify.com/fun/fails/tes...-still-genius/
    Bev

Bev that is so funny. Your MB's look great, can't wait to see them all together

Are there any more MB's for this month that we haven't seen yet??????

Now here is a pic of something you don't see every day (trust me it doesn't happen very often) I have cleaned both my machines and put them away, ( I can hear the screams of shock horror). I am about to pull my curtains down, ready to be washed tomorrow and then I plan on washing the walls.

Here is a conversation I had with DS today

Me - Want to come over tomorrow for morning tea
    DS - What do you want
    Me - not a lot
    DS - How much is it going to hurt me
    Me - not a lot
    DS - What do I have to do
    Me - help me wash walls
    DS - What's for morning tea
    Me - Chocolate Slice
    DS - How much Chocolate Slice do you have
    Me - Just made a fresh tray full
    DS - What time do you need me
    Me - First thing in the morning
    DS - Better make another batch of Choccy Slice

I am about to make another batch of Chocolate Slice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

I made my Dec MB last night but it is 12 1/4"!!! I have trimmed it down a quarter inch on all 4 sides & will put a border on it. I just didn't think an eighth o' an inch border would work very well. LOL
    Bev

Bev, beautiful block from QNS They're lovely together. I like both lay-outs + I love your Annie
    A 1/8" border is a bit small

Mirabelle, great conversation with your DS
    Washing the walls........how do you do that? I never did that!! Washing curtains, that's another story. I should wash mine but don't feel like it yet.

This morning I made a list of most UFO's I have. I know I have more but can't remember. I came up with 16, not bad considering I'm only quilting for 4 years now. I want to finish a few before we start our BOM's and BOW's in January.

Anael I use a bucket of hot water, some spray cleaner and a bit of elbow grease, they are just dusty really. But I like to clean them every year. We shall have to wait and see if DS turns up I think he is driving to town tomorrow. DH has brought in the step ladder so maybe he is going to help??

No sewing for 2 whole days like you I have made a list, I think mine is only 4

The longarmer rang me tonight and the quilt is finished yay, pick it up on Thursday
    Karen

Only 4, can I send some to you?
    Here's my Carol Doak Mystery quilt top finished. I don't think I will use borders, just a black binding. What do you think?
    Name:  Top finished (529 x 529).jpg
Views: 57
Size:  82.5 KB

Oh, the lovies I see this morning, perfect 'eye' candy! Love it, Dublb, all your MBs...together fantastic!!

Anael, what a wonderful quilt! Very colorful.

Everyone have a good day.

Dublb, Your Mystery turned out beautiful..love the contrast with the brights & black...The MB's are lookin' good together!!!

I can't believe it!!! someone pulled Mirabelle's plug!! No sewing for 2 days Oh and that neat, neat sewing area...

I remember having to wash walls when I was a kid..every spring just before Easter..we used powdered Spic & Span in buckets of water...We only did it in the kitchen tho..The paint had a glossy finish so it wasn't hard...It was a cold water flat and we had to heat the house & water with an oil stove.. we would roast chestnuts on the top & open the oven door, sit in front of it and put our feet on bottom lip of the oven...we all took turns..slept 3 in a full size bed..me in the middle..when one turned over the rest of us did too .. we moved from there when I was around 10..Ahhh, all those memories...

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    ........... I'm sticking with this group even if I don't make the same quilts. Friends are forever.
    GGal ... I think we are stuck like glue! Look forward to seeing all your pics.

QNSue and DublB ... The Lost is Found, as they say! I hate it when I lose something, and yet KNOW that it IS indeed close at hand. Been down that road too many times and get oh so frustrated!!!

OKSGlad ... what a date!! he's all ♥!!

JeanieG ... likewise, I get bored doing matchy matchy quilts! Last night I was FMQ doing swirls all over, and was bored with that too, and thinking, oh how much more fun it would be to FMQ a sampler than an all over pattern. Then there's the part of ADD that causes so many WIP and PhDs! Any sneak previews of your BH WIP?

Honchey ... kids say the darndest things! And that'll be one you will smile about for a long time to come. I think Christmas cards will be less and and less here. They announced this week that postage will rise from 63 cents to $1 for a basic letter within Canada on March 1st. If we purchase a book (10 stamps), a bargain at only 85! No mention of what is happening with parcels or out of country postage, though you can pretty much guarantee that all will be affected. A LOT of grumbling about that right now!

DublB ... great collection of blocks and I like your play layout, but first, more to add to the collection before decisions! Just couldn't help but LOL again and again with that link!

MiraB ... I think there are still some astray for November ... and soon December's will be arriving. At least I hope they are! *gasp* not machines! ..... I think I laughed about as hard at your DS conversation and your bribery! So along with the chocolate slice ... what did you make him for lunch? All is good with the Bloodhound!!! .......... and so nice he will come home and do that work with such an easy bribe! And what is the bribe to get DH to participate in this venture?

Anael ... good list for only 4 yrs. So are you saying that it's OK for me to have a longer list, being that I have been quilting for longer? Another finish and what a beauty ... love the colours!

Honchey ... couldn't help but think of ........
    ♪♪♫ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyaTIXdN5fI ♫♪♪

Fleece backed jumbo block quilt is almost quilted!!!!!!
    Back to the task!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anael is a brave soul, venturing out on Elm Creek Sylvia's bridal sampler site for January 2014..she has 95 of them done...with more to go....God luck with that.

Dublb, I think I love your on point layout thinking with the MBs, but you do have more coming...so you may want to change a few in the arrangement of the blocks yet.

QuiltE, they have changed our postage rates so many times lately, I think we are getting used to it...and using our computer emails and shopping more...and 'automatic' payments on more things.

Honchey, and Mirabelle, I do not remember any 'washing down' the walls at home 'cause we had wall paper...so I learned how to do wall papering. And how to start a fire in the cook stove. But I did 'wipe' my wall down in the kitchen before company came by, 'cause with my new sight, the black cob webs looked terrible. And now I see the back splash behind the stove top is looking awful and needs a good scrubbing.

We worked in the garage for two hours while my top oven was cleaning, the smell was terrible in the house, used a fan to help blow them out side. We have taken a break, but need to finish up there, because there's more to do inside...fold clothes from yesterday's laundry...Ms. Clause has work to do in the kitchen...warmer weather with sunshine next two days...I pick up my glasses tomorrow...then I can really see how clean things are....

Hahahaha QNS, I did 95 Jane blocks. My second Sylvia only has about 20 blocks done.
    It's not always fun to have a good eysight Now you have to clean instead of quilting.

QuiltE, our postage rates change all the time too. They changed the stamps from euro's to numbers so you won't notice anymore how much they really cost
    Did you count your UFO's? It would be an interesting concept to exchange UFO's and send back the finished ones.

Today for the first time since September 10th I took my bike to run some errands

Wall paper..........reminds me of the time my Mom always painted that in spring. One day she was painting it green. My brother and I entered the living room, my mom asked what we thought of the colour. We told her it was GREEN, really like grass. She didn't hesitate, tore off part of the wall paper and went to the kitchen to make lunch. When we came back into the living room the remaining wall paper was dry and it was a beautiful light green colour

Sigh! I seem ta mess up alot. I made Jan's MB instead o' Dec's. I guess I had better git on the ball!
    Bev

Oh, no, Dublb, please do not catch my aliment of being confused on MBs... Losing and Finding things.

Keep telling me, Anael, and maybe I can get the count corrected in my mind. Love your story about your Mother's green wall paper.

Can Mirabelle stay away from her sewing room for two whole days?????? Maybe she is counting her UFOs. And what, pray tell, is Chocolate slice???? sounds good.

Wall paper.....I chose a very complicated Shumacher pattern for the bedroom when DH & I first married...It wasn't until friends came over to see the "great job" I had done...the pattern was upside down!!! It stayed that way until we added onto the house and now the bedroom is our family room minus the wallpaper of course...

Anael...what a beautiful finish! I like the dark background but find it increasingly hard to work on without brilliant lights.I finally got the camera out and downloaded pictures to my computer for resizing, etc. Here is the Mystery Block for November from DD. Name:  DSC01499.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  293.8 KB Then I got a mail from over the border from Janie today. Name:  DSC01502.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  367.0 KB All sparkly and blue. They are both welcomed additions to my quilt.
    Yesterday I had lunch with my QB's and we all agreed that we learn so much from just being around another quilters and seeing how they do things. Kind of like this group. I've learned so much from you all these past years. Thanks much. Check the November SYE. I'll be posting those blocks in a few minutes.
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 12-17-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Beautiful MBs, GardenGal. Has the MB family gone missing like the 'lost' items....(of Dublb, and me?) be nice to see a picture of them all. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Beautiful MBs, GardenGal. Has the MB family gone missing like the 'lost' items....(of Dublb, and me?) be nice to see a picture of them all. Thanks.
    Since I've been working on my UFO's there isn't so much chance of misplacing the family. They are all safe and sound in the project box. I've a plan for the final layout in a couple of months when all of the blocks have arrived. Until then, they are getting to know each other!

Oh GG, those blocks are beautiful! The blue one is so festive with those sparkles!

Beautiful MB's GGal, I don't think a photo of my last block has been posted yet.

Ceiling fans have been cleaned, air-conditioner cleaned, curtains are in the wash, and now I have to go see the Doc for the dreaded report

Anael I will have to check my list, my 4 ufo's are just those that are started, not counting the 20 I want to make Beautiful quilt also, love the fabric choices you make, well done.

We will see how long I can go without sewing, this is day 3 yesterday I made Green Mango Chutney, it was delicious, tomorrow I am spending the day with DD, home on Friday. "MAYBE" no sewing until after Christmas
    Karen

Page 306 of 542 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 305 306 307 316 356 406 ... LastLast