Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 184 of 542 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 183 184 185 194 234 284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

QNS, I envy you. You have such a lovely garden and so many beautiful flowers!! Thanks so much for showing!

I didn't train that blackbird, it's sneaking into my kitchen, stealing the cat's food. My killer kitty is watching and doing nothing
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    mirabelle, the first bright spot of my day is DD's fabric picks. Not quite 30's colors; a bit more intense and oh so pretty. Can't wait to see the magic you create from this. I think we can all agree that you are the most prolific of the PC group and we "complete" our bucket lists by watching what you finish. Thanks for inspiring all of us.

I'm jealous, QNS, you have sunshine this morning. It's raining again. Last night dumped the rain gauge at 3.2 ". Let's see that's 9 inches in the last 48 hours and guess what--raining again--maybe it will just drizzle. Water going over the road just north of DS and DIL's. Will check out how high water is when DH gets in for dinner. Oh and I'm jealous of the beautiful gardens and flowers. Thanks for sharing. Now as to that thieving bird--killer kitty is not living up to his name, Anael.

Even if prices are high and housing shortage, at this point DH may stay on I of G. Anyone looking for an experienced couple to manage a dairy----might want to check want ads and get our resumes ready! Of course large field of hay is now well washed and some planted fields with standing water. Not the brightest outlook here.

Carrie--the airplane quilt is so one of a kind! When you get this all together you will see how the diagonal lines support the points coming off your center block to draw the eye from the compass out to the edges of the quilt. Love how you manage to get so much done!

GGal glad you found the Missing MB! I have learned to not worry--after looking in all the obvious places, and the places I have been with block in hand, I send up a prayer to St Anthony. And sooner or later it shows up.

Heading to the sewing room. Sewing 5/8" seam allowances is strange somehow! Pants pair #1 done; modifications made on pattern (leg width) now will see how next pair goes. Later folks.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thanks, OksewGlad, for sending the rain our way...its raining hard right now, but we needed a good big rain. Had to water the gardens yesterday. I did get out and pick the strawberries before it rained. PM me when you return from the trip and I will send another shipping box of goodies to you. I found yellow cows on a fabric and could not resist it.

Yes, Mirabelle, I enjoyed seeing all the colors...a lot of red and pink there to make a very lovely, bright quilt.

MiraB ... those fabrics are going to be lovely together. I'm like Anael, and wondering how you plan to use them in the quilt? Are you going to use white as the mainstay? or? Another effective colorway might be diagonals, of the different colours.

Anael ... cloudy here too last night, so no bright moon beams in my bedroom window! OMG a pet bird .... and your plans are?

GGal ... just as I suspected that JanRNs blocks undeservedly had been hidden away! Wish I was closer and we could have a quilting bee, and turn them into a quilt together ........... and send it back to her! How do you plan to use them? Yeaaaaaaaaaaa that your MB has shown up again!

QNSue ... *gasp* your lilies are so beautiful!!!!!! Mine are coming into bud nicely, though will never be the spectacle that yours are. Absolutely amazing!!!

CarrieM ... thanks for the pic. Before I saw OKSGlad's comment, I too was thinking of working your quilting design out from your centre compass star to let it show itself off wile the planes fly in the wide blue yonder!!! Then I see stippling in the background of the propellers, to let them puff up a bit. This is going to be such a fun quilt when done ... your friend is bound to be thrilled!

OKSGlad ... my goodness! you must be somewhat drowned out with all that rain. Now wouldn't that be something to stay on Guernsey and work for a spell! You're going to have to model your new clothes for us!!! Your G chatter got me surfing to the Ontario and Canadian sites last night ... a neighbour is Cdn Pres and his Dad is 1st VP for the Ontario branch! I'm betting that Dad will be with you in G and son will be home farming!!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 06-23-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Thanks for the quilting suggestions! The batting says quilting up to 8" apart, so I am good there. I may add a little more as I add rows and get a better idea of how it looks. I am one who like just a little quilting usually like some of you mentioned. The backing is flannel and I want it to be comfy to cuddle with. I've never done stippling so not sure if this will be the quilt I practice that on...maybe down the road.

Honchey--great to "see" you as always. Hope you get to feeling better before your trip for the 4th.

Jeanie--your MB for QE turned out very pretty...it goes well with her other blocks.

Karen--how are you feeling after a little bit of sewing. You didn't over do it did you?? Probably a good thing you have to go check on DS for a couple days to keep you from going too crazy. I know not getting to sew much in the last couple weeks has been frustrating for me, but I haven't been at home so am sure being home makes it that much harder! Nice fabrics your DD chose for her Sylvia quilt.

Jan--thanks for the trivia. DH does really well at TP, but we don't play that often as he isn't a big "board game" type. We used to just read questions to each other. Too cloudy here to see the moon...maybe next time.

OK--sorry you have gotten so much rain...we've had our share but less than 4". Looks like more on it's way though.

Anael--nice your your kitty to share her food.

QNS--as usual some beautiful flowers!!!

Ggal--I look forward to seeing how your put Jan's blocks together to make some beautiful quilts.

Mirabelle, Bonnie Hunter has a Trip Around The World Pattern on her Free Pattern Page. Her directions always make things go together so easily!

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/free-patterns.html
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks, Jeanie, I bookmarked the page. Very interesting patterns there. Downloaded several and put them in a 'some day' file.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Thanks, Jeanie, I bookmarked the page. Very interesting patterns there. Downloaded several and put them in a 'some day' file.
    She really does a great job with her instructions, compared to what you find in magazines!

I was in a mood to clean up my sewing room, as I had my Baby Lock in for cleaning, then I took my new Brother in to have it cleaned (don't know when the last time the previous owner had cleaned and oil/greased it). I had three small tubs of scraps that I had just been adding to, so decided to get out my Sizzix Big Shot (a cheaper scrap/fabric cutter than the Accuquilt) and cut all the stuff into squares. I have a bin of different fabrics to cut into strips, and started on them this afternoon. Gosh it feels so good to get that fabric out of those bins and organized, but I really have to be in the "mood" to do it. That mood has not "hit" for a while, so pleased it finally did!

"You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I am still trying to 'arrange' the sewing room, which I cannot do until we get the sewing cabinets and machines in place...hoping to get that done on Wednesday of this week. Mice and men can plan, but according to John Steinbeck, they often go astray! And dealing with scraps on my cutting table. I 'listen' very carefully to each of you on how you deal with the scraps. LOL, they remain sitting there. Have not done themselves yet.

The big ducks were too much for the little ducks, one is limping, so we moved their home into the chicken yard, away from the big ducks. I drove the tractor dragging the quansit (misspelled) (half-moon tin shaped hut used with hogs) hut slowly while dh guided it through the gate and under the electrical cord. Moved their end gate for the hut, their water pool, and changed electrical cords so one runs to their hut for a light on when its time for them to go to bed. After all the fowl go to bed, we turn off the light.

Found on my face book; not a diet pie. Easy to make. Gotta try this one.

Butterfinger Pie
    6 (2 1/8 ounce) butterfinger candy bars, crushed
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
    1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip
    1 graham cracker crust

Directions

Mix first three ingredients together.

Put it in pie crust.
    Chill.

****running to the RV for THAT pie!!!!!!!!****

Jeanie--thanks for the link, lots of good patterns there. Congrats on making progress with your scraps.

QNS--looks like a yummy pie...thanks for sharing!

Oh dear, QNS, that pie looks "to die for", and sooooo easy!

I want some of that pie too

Here's my just finished Sylvia block: E9 Queen Charlotte's Crown with Y seams which went well I think!
    Name:  E9QueenCharlotte'sCrown (455 x 447).jpg
Views: 59
Size:  62.0 KB

GgaL - congrats on finding your missing MB, can't wait to see what you make with JanRN's blocks. Keep us posted on your progress.

QNS - More beautiful pics of your wonderful garden and a scrumptious pie, yummo

Anael - Me thinks Kitty needs a new name, Killer just doesn't seem to fit and another gorgeous Sylvia's block, now I really have to get my act together don't I..

Oksewglad - thank you for your kind words, some would say I am obsesses not prolific

QuiltE - mmmm diagonal colour setting,,with all these ideas I am getting more confused, but it's not hard to confuse me. I plan on white background as I think cream would look a little muddy against those bright fabrics. Did you leave any pie????

Honchey - big wave hello, hope things are getting better for you.

Carriem - I am TRYING not to overdo it, I didn't set foot inside my sewing room till 3pm today which must be a record for me. Although I do have to get back to my quilting as our Show and Tell is looming next month and I want to get one more quilt finished. Lots of pain killers might help

JeanieG - I have downloaded most of Bonnie's patterns and have them in their own folder, yes I do agree her instructions are the best.

Now for my news for the day, had to visit with the dietician today and guess what I have managed (don't know how) to lose 2.6 kilos or 5.4 lbs in a month ( I bet I find them again)
    Karen

Mirabelle, you're right about my Killer Kitty. How about Softy?

You're really bad. Lots of painkillers will help but not afterwards and you know that! So don't go there!!
    I hope you don't find your kilos ever again! You go girl

Blog Entries
    mirabelle--just don't send those kilos this way, okay? I believe there's a balance to life and for every kilo lost some one gains. I'd like to be on the loosing end on this particular matter! Oh and yes your fabrics call for white. Remember drugs only mask the pain--as she pops another daily dose of naproxen. FYI DH thinks Ive got a thing going with the chiro--another appointment today!

Anael--love the blue in the Sylvia block. Glad you share your eye candy with us!

QNS--love the Of Mice and Men reference! You're welcome for the rain. Just sprinkled yesterday. Maybe what's coming up from SW Iowa will dissipate before it gets here. We can only hope. I bet I missed out on the pie.

Just stopped to answer phone--our wandering son in distant lands had 5 minutes with DH and with me. Bad echo on transmission, but good to hear his voice.

QE--I double checked. You're right--your friend/neighbor is also signed up for trip. I hope you have been on your best behavior--I may get the real story

No more sit down time--have to get my MB sent to the great state of ...................... Take care all of you. You may not hear from me for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully I can stop and catch a glimpse of the MB before we leave.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Anael--nice new Sylvia block.

OK--I am heading to the chiro today too. My neck/shoulder are bothering me..too much quilting yesterday maybe??

I got two more rows done on the airplane quilt. Also cut 9Ps in to fourths that will become D9P blocks. I might try to get one more row quilted today...depends on how I feel this afternoon.

Hope all have a great day!

Lots of pie left for you and all!! ... good but too sweet for me to want a lot of it!!!
    Though I think DDamsel went back for seconds .... or more?

MiraB
    ... Obseessed? Prolific? or Possessed? Whatever, you create some pretty impressive things ... and I am sure you are itching to get that shoulder back in quilting order! How is it doing? and have you been resisting "enough" to let it get better? Definitely white for your Sylvia, though I had wondered if you might be coming up with something else. Congratulations on your Loss!! ... don't let those sticky things come back home!

Anael ... another beautiful Sylvia! Perhaps it should be KissyKitty?

OKSGlad ... Great that you'll meet John and Nancy. You'll soon discover that he is quite a story teller!! I "think" he'll be kind in any stories about me!!! Any other Canucks heading over with you? Have a grand trip!!!!

CarrieM ... oh oh another injured quilter!

As for me ... I keep praying no quilting casualty for me!
    I've been down that road many-a-time!

Got tired of doing practice FMQ ... so yesterday took a piece of printed fabric and went at it for a "real" project. It'll finish as 38" square, so can use as a table topper ... or more likely I will use it as a big placemat for two, if you understand what I mean? Not perfect by any means ... I'd be zooming along and happy, then all of a sudden, OOPS!

Sooooooooo ...... what do you do to slick up your quilting surface. I have the plexi extension around the base of the machine. I feel as though all is sliding fine, then all of a sudden it feels as though I skid on it. I know part is practice ...............

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Sooooooooo ...... what do you do to slick up your quilting surface. I have the plexi extension around the base of the machine. I feel as though all is sliding fine, then all of a sudden it feels as though I skid on it. I know part is practice ...............

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I read somewhere that Dry Silicone Lubricant would work on a plexiglass top. I have used it on mine and it does help make it more slippery. I just spray it on and wipe with a cloth, let it sit a minute and away you go.

I don't really like the plexi extension. I have it too and my quilts get stuck all the time. I love my quilttable (the one I showed here on the board). It's a bit of a hassle to get it on the table but once it's there it works like a dream!

And about my K KItty: no Kissy Kitty She's nice but not that nice

I received this beautiful block from GrannyQ. Thank you--I love it. The block has so much movement & depth.Name:  Granny Q.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  823.3 KBThe name of the block is September Smoother from EQ.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Here's my blocks all together. I'm going to have an awesome quilt! Thanks everyone.Name:  MBs.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  977.2 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Wow, Jan. It looks like it could fit into GrannyQ's quilt as well!!! Hope she made a second one just for her. My MB went in the mail today.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Beautiful, Jan RN. Isn't this fun getting a MB every month?! And thank you for showing all of them; my senior mind will forget what each of us are collecting in our multi- MBs.

Page 184 of 542 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 183 184 185 194 234 284 ... LastLast