Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 183 of 542 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 182 183 184 193 233 283 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

There was nothin' wrong w/the address that OK had on the package. It just took 2.5 months ta git here. If ya'll want ta put Drive after Pasadena that is the official address, but in 25 years I have never had this kind o' problem. There is only 1 Pasadena in Midland so that shouldn't ever be a problem!! Now all at once I'm havin problems!
    As for the Crazy Quilt block, the dragonfly was done by machine, but the Rose & the other flowers were by hand. I accented the designs that were already on the fabric. All o' my hand embroidery skills have come back w/very li'le practice. I haven't done any since I was 15 or 16 maybe even 12. I was great once. I was better than both DGM & DM. I found stitches that they were afraid ta do. I read books & got good at it. Then I became a teenager & got "too busy" ta do any. Then I had a family & didn't have free time ta sit & sew. When I finally started ta have the time & interest then DM had already picked up the are o' hand embroidery & hand quiltin'. I really got inta that hand quiltin'. It's much easier than embroidery. Later I started really gittin' inta the piecin' part o' the craft. I said somethin' recently, ta DM, about how good I once was at embroidery & that I could do some o' that again & her face fell. I guess that is her specialty, now. I don't want ta take anything away from her. We do give baby gifts ta the same people. LOL They do need ta be different from each other's. I don't think she will take any interest in CQ's though, so I can do that w/o steppin' on her toes. I like the idea o' mixin' both hand & machine embroidery tagether ta git that special CQ look.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

In cleaning, a deep cleaning up in the quilting room is yielding several 'lost' items. One of the 'lost' items was plans to make a wall hanging...a 'china' cup and saucer cabinet, so I put your extra fabric you sent with the last MB, Dublb, into it for the wall hanging. Putting all of a project together in one place and labeling it. Buried some totes behind the guest room head board, that are not in the near future, going to be tackled. Found dh's fox quilt, not finished, and kept it in line to do 'some time soon' or later. Yes, Dublb, I crochet, knitted, embroidered when I was young before finishing college and went to full time work, wife, mother, and still full time job all the time while helping to raise our three children, of course, dh was the biggest child and still is...for he never will 'grow up'.. Wants my whole attention to be on him and wants at least seventy to ninety percent more of everything in his worse moods. In his best moods, he is loving and caring and wonderful to be around.

So nice to hear from you, Honchey! You are the PC leader to us, whether you are riding on point or on drag. (Leading the 'cattle drive' or trailing along behind the 'herd'!!)

We will miss you, too, OksewGlad...so take those pictures and write a travel diary, so you can share later!!

I'm workin' on ___________'s MB taday.
    Bev

I just wanted to remind everyone to check out the moon tonight. It's a Super Moon, closest to the earth this year and brighter by 20%. It was bright all night last night, didn't even need a light in bathroom. It's also called the Strawberry Moon because you're supposed to plant strawberries now, I guess. I'm full of useless trivia LOL!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Anael - your garden is looking wonderful. I would love to sit and chat with you on that swing with a big glass of ice tea!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    I just wanted to remind everyone to check out the moon tonight. It's a Super Moon, closest to the earth this year and brighter by 20%. It was bright all night last night, didn't even need a light in bathroom. It's also called the Strawberry Moon because you're supposed to plant strawberries now, I guess. I'm full of useless trivia LOL!!
    Thanks for sharing, Jan. I love trivia! My SIL always asking--how did you know that?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Lookie Lookie what was awaiting me at the Post Office today
    ............. one healthy daffodil!!

Thank you JeanieG ... it's so bright and cheery, just like you!! I am already imagining a spring quilt all "planted" with daffodil blocks! Do you really grow your daffodils that big?
    Name:  MB-JeanieG (4).JPG
Views: 142
Size:  1.54 MB

And here it is, with its playmates!!
    Sorry the photo is a little dark ... will be glad when I can take them outside for their photo ops, but today, too much rain!
    Name:  MB-JeanieG (1).JPG
Views: 155
Size:  1.47 MB
    Last edited by QuiltE; 06-22-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

SSShhhhhhh don't tell anyone but I am sewing, maybe not at my normal pace but I am still in my sewing room. Anael gave me some great advice to not doing repetitive movements, one block by hand, one block by machine etc etc, so with that great advice I am doing some machine embroidery, have machine sewn the binding on my mini Dresden quilt (pic will follow soon) and will hand sew the binding on in the next few evenings and I just have to sew the blocks together for my Animal Flowers quilt. I have also sewn more of my GFG rosettes, did quite a few sitting at the hospital on Friday. Have not tried to FMQ yet but will give it a go next week.

I have tried to do nothing and it just doesn't work, I am not used to "just sitting". And when I sit I usually read patchwork book so that makes me want to sew more Have a great weekend everyone, I am off to DS's to help him change his bandages.
    Karen

We were posting at the same time QuiltE, what a beautiful block, you will have your very own garden quilt to snuggle under and dream of quilts to make
    Karen

DublB ... thanks for the Drive clarification, though I thought there was something about the zip code that CarrieM mentioned as being different? Isn't it nice to go back to some of the needlework we used to do? As a kid I did a lot of embroidery too, and have been enjoying dabbling with it again now. Have been thinking of some embroidery trimmings for my FFC project when I put all the FFC siggie blocks together.

QNSue ... too funny, I have a PP cupboard to make ... except I think mine is china mugs, not cups and saucers! bought it some time ago during a Shop Hop ... and that was before I got hooked on PPing! NOw I wonder where it might be?

MiraB ... shhhh!!!! my lips are sealed! Maybe skip the FMQ for awhile? I know how much one tenses those shoulder muscles when FMQing ... to say the least about how long you do it at a time! Another thought ... take a look at your chair height ... I find when I have my chair too low, I tense my shoulders more. Higher, and it seems to create a better angle and less tension on my shoulders. I need it a little higher when quilting, than when I am piecing. Just a thought from the peanut gallery, and what makes a difference for me. Good Luck with DS NurseMiraB!! I'm sure you have and are taking good care of him. Chances are you are delivering food, too!!

JanRN ... our very own Trivia Queen! You must have loved Trivial Pursuit!! Now here's some trivia back to you ... my cousin was one of the writers for the 50's TP version! And too, the guys who invented and made mega-bucks from TP, built a high class uppity golf course not far from me ... long laneway back to the club house, so the lower class peeps don't have a clue the elegance that's way back in! Hey ... I saw that Strawberry Moon last night, though did not know about it's significance. I first I had wondered if an outside light was on, then my own light bulb went on that there is no outside light that would be on that angle!

Here's something of interest for "yinz" .... every time there is a full moon, one of the somewhat local LQS' have a Full Moon Frenzy!!! Non-sale fabrics are marked down 20% each time, along with numerous other good deals. It's kind of a neat concept, as they aren't set to a specific schedule (ie last Friday of the month). I seldom make it, as it's a bit of a trek in a different direction than I am normally travelling.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 06-22-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Lookie Lookie what was awaiting me at the Post Office today
    ............. one healthy daffodil!!

Thank you JeanieG ... it's so bright and cheery, just like you!! I am already imagining a spring quilt all "planted" with daffodil blocks! Do you really grow your daffodils that big?
    Name:  MB-JeanieG (4).JPG
Views: 142
Size:  1.54 MB

And here it is, with its playmates!!
    Sorry the photo is a little dark ... will be glad when I can take them outside for their photo ops, but today, too much rain!
    Name:  MB-JeanieG (1).JPG
Views: 155
Size:  1.47 MB
    OH, OH, OH, Those are just wonderful! Your quilt is just gonna be lovely!
    Bev

Spring time has arrived at QuiltE's home, and it will stay the year around!! Certain to brighten up those almost Spring Days next year. Beautiful daffodil, Jeanie; well done!!

Thanks, JanRN for the info on the Moon tonight; guineas will not want to go in the hen house at all. Wonder how well the young off shoots of the strawberries would do if we resat them tonight by the light of the moon.?? Those who worshiped in the forest ages age, droids, danced naked in the Strawberry moonlight and chanted their songs.

Dublb, so happy to hear the MB finally arrived to your home. Pony express was faster than that. It gives one a pause to think, where was it???

Jeanie, that block is beautiful and so well done. It goes so nicely with all of QE's other blocks.

Yes, QE, I loved playing Trivial Pursuit but no one wants to play with me because I know all kinds of unimportant stuff and usually win. Can't remember where I leave my glasses but can come up with answers to TP questions. Neat that you know one of the inventors.

And no, QNS, I am not going to dance naked in the moonlight tonight. Don't want to scare my neighbors!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN ... my claim to fame is only knowing a writer of the Q+A's of one of the later, specialty editions. Just followed the formula of the game, and did the research for related questions. Then there's Kids in the Hall ... one of the Kids, was my husband's cousin, so ate many a meal at our table! He's probably my closest claim to fame! Unless you want to count Alan/Robin Thicke's father/grandfather as being my Dr! It was kinda neat in his office, as it was almost a mini-Alan and Robin museum. I really liked him as a Dr and sadly I moved and had to leave him. He' still practicing and much adored as a Dr ... in his 80s now!

Correction on self, its 'druids' of olde English..that danced in the forest...almost had it right!! Yep, that's the way I am...almost right...not perfect at all!Yes, JanRN, its big beautiful moon tonight, I got to call dh attention to it. Made my day. Thanks.

I started quilting the airplane quilt I've been working on. Just had a little bit of time to sew before going to a wedding this afternoon. I am debating on if I want more quilting on the 4P...don't have to with my batting. Any suggestions?? One row down...six more to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

CarrieM ... a great start! Perhaps show us a pic of the whole quilt top again ... I forget! Are you stitching around each of the 4P and airplane blocks? As you know, it's always a matter of what you like ... once you have the minimum quilting distance covered. Some like lots of quilting ... some only minimal.

QE--this is the layout I am going to do, but with this compass in the middle. There will also be another border after the propellers.

Carrie, I love it as it is, but as QuiltE says, I'm one that likes minimal quilting. I like a cuddly quilt!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Carriem I like what you have done so far. If you are SID that will probably be enough, sometimes a quilt just need a little love not a whole lot of it.

Here is a pic of the fabric that DD has chosen for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt, I need to get a few more purples, yellows and greens but they can probably come from the stash. Definitely not my colours so we will see how I go with them. Sorry for the bad pic, the lighting today is atrocious, it is very cloudy and dreary.
    Karen

I love those fabrics but that's obvious. I love those bright colours How do you plan on using them? Random or like a trip around the world? Or rainbow?

I didn't see the big moon last night as it's all cloudy here. Better luck next year
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Anael I hadn't given it a lot of thought but now you have me thinking about layout before I have one block cut, I do like the idea of a trip around the world, hmmm will have to get the pad and colouring pencils out and start playing around with colour...

Thank you for that it just might get me enthusiastic about it, stay tuned
    Karen

You're welcome Can't wait to see what you're going to do!

Here's what's going on in my kitchen

Name:  voedselbank-.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  63.9 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Mirabelle....playing with colored pencils is a good way to be creative and rest your shoulder. I don't know how you approach values in color, but the mystery quilt I just got had a list of fabrics by their name and then a scanned picture it that showed their values real plain. A cream I would have pegged as light showed up as a medium. What a lot I have to learn.
    Carrie...like the others, your quilt, your choice about the quilting. Looks like you will soon have this one done.
    Anael...you are so full of surprises! How long have you been training this bird?
    JanRN...the box of orphans arrived yesterday and for the life of me, I'm not sure why most of them wound up in the box in the closet! You do beautiful work! I think I will be sorting through them before anyone else sees them and take my choice first. ....And I found the MB! It was actually on my sewing table but there was an error in it I hadn't seen before so I was sure it was the first block I had done and put aside because it was totally wrong. I have ripped and pinned and will have it back together as it should be and in the mail. Glad I didn't have to make it all over again. It was challenging.

GG, lucky person who receives your MB. It is sooo much fun looking for a MB in mail every month, then seeing everyone's posted MB with all that has been received in the MB trail. Gathering up orphan blocks as I clean out the quilt room, deep cleaning, have all the 'scraps' on my table to sort today.

Anael, I am guessing you are training a young raven bird who is enjoying a bit of cat food, perhaps?

I went out for morning chores to keep dh company and took my camera into the garden again. Asian Lilies are in bloom and the bell clematis bush.Name:  DSCN0184.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  102.7 KBName:  DSCN0186.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  62.2 KBName:  DSCN0188.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  108.5 KBName:  DSCN0197.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  69.6 KBName:  DSCN0198.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  95.7 KBName:  DSCN0199.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  63.5 KBName:  DSCN0191.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  110.1 KBName:  DSCN0192.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  86.4 KBThornless dew berries are in full bloom and putting on green berries and caught my shadow as well. We plant Phlox in the berry row for more color. Yes we garden in raised beds made from free tires from the tire shop. Brandywine tomato plant has a 'different' leaf on its plant:Name:  DSCN0196.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  116.0 KB

Carrie, I think you have a good eye and can do the quilt the right way. Stippling around the airplane would set it off more, if you want that look; if not, its ok as you are doing it...batting will say quilt within so many inches on it.

Page 183 of 542 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 182 183 184 193 233 283 ... LastLast