Old 05-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wendiq View Post
Oh My! Oh My! Oh My! Spectacular......

Thanks! ... though no where near so itsy-bitsy as what
MissyOKSG does!

Old 05-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Ok I have a sneaking suspicioun (sp?) that QE will be sewing itty bitty really soon! Love that pretty Irish treasure! And fits so well on your rack--now think about something for fall, then Christmas, spring, summer, flag day. Oh we won't be seeing any more big quilts after the PC ride!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Ok I have a sneaking suspicioun (sp?) that QE will be sewing itty bitty really soon! Love that pretty Irish treasure! And fits so well on your rack--now think about something for fall, then Christmas, spring, summer, flag day. Oh we won't be seeing any more big quilts after the PC ride!!!
I can see why they have become addictive to you ... and will be to me! I think the Mini Quilt Rack will have a permanent spot in my office, and as you have already suggested, have a wardrobe of choices according to the seasons!

And oh yes, I will be pulled into the itty bitty realm, without a doubt! I've already started sewing HST combos just as I have triangle clippings, and putting them aside for creative assembly at another time. I wish I had one of those large glass cookie/cracker jars, to just toss them into for safe keeping ... would be pretty and colourful, wouldn't it?

And then there's my siggy ....... I sure live up to it!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:21 PM

QuiltE that is one gorgeous little quilt, wish I had the patience for minis, I did make 4 inch sampler quilt blocks once and thought they were small
Old 05-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
QuiltE that is one gorgeous little quilt, wish I had the patience for minis, I did make 4 inch sampler quilt blocks once and thought they were small
MiraB ... just think of it as a large PC block!
Honestly, it was easier than some of our PC/FWS blocks have been.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
I can see why they have become addictive to you ... and will be to me! I think the Mini Quilt Rack will have a permanent spot in my office, and as you have already suggested, have a wardrobe of choices according to the seasons!

And oh yes, I will be pulled into the itty bitty realm, without a doubt! I've already started sewing HST combos just as I have triangle clippings, and putting them aside for creative assembly at another time. I wish I had one of those large glass cookie/cracker jars, to just toss them into for safe keeping ... would be pretty and colourful, wouldn't it?

And then there's my siggy ....... I sure live up to it!
Hmm itty bitty HST's from leftovers? Ah you are truly pulled in. Anyone else up for the challenge?
Old 05-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Hmm itty bitty HST's from leftovers? Ah you are truly pulled in. Anyone else up for the challenge?
I hope so!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
I hope so!!!
Well I've been cutting small half square triangles from scraps and also 1 1/4 inch strips for 2 1/4 inch 9 patch. Does that qualify? I have a pattern named Diamond Back that uses them in a full sized quilt. With every PC block there are more scraps and I was being overrun and had to do something. I couldn't justify giving them away and didn't know how else to use them.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

<clap><clap><clap><clap>

The other thing to do is to star a Crumb Stash, and put those scraps into a bin and then dive into it for minis. I'd been keeping them after trying a little Crumb Work, so I do have a reserve ready and waiting. I will confess though, that this Mini was done with leftover bigger pieces!

As for what qualifies ... I really have no clue!!
I'll leave that one for our
Resident Expert OKSGlad to answer!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

ggal I think you are on the way to a mini with those sweet 3/4" finished squares! It sounds like you are thinking of a plan! Often times I take a larger quilt design and downsize it. Then sometimes I randomly sew 9P or 4 P and then build a mini around what I have sewn--the leftovers tell me what to make.