The FWS Pony Club week 19  Good Cheer & Girl's Favorite  Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club week 19 Good Cheer & Girl's Favorite Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club week 19 Good Cheer & Girl's Favorite Discussion Page

Old 05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Go GGal Go!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:08 AM

Default "The Clubhouse" pictures

Here are pictures of my crafting building...I think it looks a little cluttered in my pictures, but I do have a lot in a small space, so am happy with it.

#1: Outside...the shed is the same shape as our house (I'll add a pic of that after these with crabapple tree in full bloom))
#2: Looking in the door and to the left a bit...design "wall" rolls up on dowel under shelf, 6ft work table in front of that.
#3: Sewing table, ironing board, etc. Back wall is a bookshelf with all my current PUPs...well 3 tubs are my children's projects and one has FQs. Also my newest addition is the cutting table extension on the counter! It folds down when not in use...love the higher cutting height!
#4 Singer in cabinet...from the 40s if I remember right ($25 garage sale find when I first started sewing 15yrs ago), next to that is my paper rack for scrapbooking and cardmaking.

The wall where the chairs are is empty...I have a friend or 2 come sew each week so I leave room for them to set up their machine tables/ironing boards. When my sewing table is folded up and all the other sewing stuff is picked up I can set up 2 6ft tables for card classes...have had up to 6 at one time and yes it was a little crowded, but all had a great time.

#5-6 Wall with door...white cupboards hold my paper crafting supplies
#7 Loft above cutting counter...tubs of my "stash" and other crafts I do/have done (basket weaving, crochet, knitting, etc)
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg   005.jpg   006.jpg  

007.jpg   008.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 05:13 AM

Default My house from front

This is a picture my husband took this spring when the crabapple was in full bloom....didn't last long this year since it got cold again shortly after this picture. The top little "roof line" is a loft where our son sleeps. On the right there is a little extension...that is where a built in bed in our living room...this is where my pony club quilts will be used.
Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 05:28 AM

Lots of great pictures were shared while I was away! Sorry for no update yesterday...I was busy sewing. I got 3 more blocks done (will take pictures later today and post) and had to spend some time with my family!

I saw LOTS of great stuff at Market. I took a couple classes...one by Deb Tucker of 180 Studio Designs (she had great rulers: tucker trimmer, wing clipper, etc) Great speaker and a lot of fun to listen to. In the fall I will be doing a demo at the shop where I work.

The other class I took was by Marilyn Foreman of Quilt Moments (she taught on kaleidoscope quilts...quick easy 4-patch ones...she uses them in the centers of her blocks to make some very interesting quilts!) Another great teacher. I will be making a sample for the shop using one of her patterns and some fabric called "Shimmer"by Timeless Treasures (http://www.ttfabrics.net/cgi-bin/fab...i?Category=710). I love butterflies, purple and metallic so this covers all of those...my boss thought they were great too and said as long as I would make a shop sample she would buy fabric from the line!

We saw lots of great patterns and fabric. It is something I would definitely do again.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Thanks so much for sharing your "clubhouse" pics! It's fun to see where the rest of us sew!
What new fabrics struck your eye?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:10 AM

Carriem...how organized your little sewing space is. Thanks for all of the pictures.

Here's a couple of pictures of the quilt I made for my grandson's graduation. The pattern is called "Siblings". I didn't like the way the original was set so I put the smaller blocks in a frame and made it into a 12 inch block and set everything on point. It was also my first attempt at picking out fabric for a big quilt and it is VERY busy. I only hope that Ryan doesn't mind. I also pieced the back with the leftover fabric so I don't have to figure out what to do with it. It doesn't go with much else that I have.
Attached Thumbnails ryans-quilt.jpg   sibling-blocks.jpg   ryans-quilt-back.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 10:31 AM

Wow, whata treat today. Pictures posted by CarrieM were wonderful; neat sewing area and home. And her report from marketing...she is an A plus student on learning new things.

Gardengal, what a beautiful quilt!! Unique for a very special person.

Wonderful eye 'candy' prior to our PC block posting!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:02 AM

I agree QNS, great photos to start our day. Thanks Gals.

Carrie that is one cute sewing/craft house. You've got all your crafts in one place - cool!

Love your quilt Gardnergal! I'm thinking of doing a backing like that for my Pony Club quilt. Don't know when I would ever use all that horse fabric again!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:06 PM

Beautiful craft room Carriem, you would never get me out of there
GGal what a wonderful quilt, I hope he likes it
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

WOW CarrieM ... what a great place! I'd go and hideaway there, and lock myself in. Except it seems you have to come out for washroom breaks ... and to eat! Glad you had a good time at Market and so nice you could attend some of the special classes. Guess what? that butterfly fabric ... I'm pretty sure I saw it IRL yesterday! I know it was Timeless Treasures ... and it sure looks the same. A friend was showing me a piece of it that had just followed her home! I bet you like being able to have your stuff all together ... and then to be able to leave it behind and not have it disrupting your home in between working on it. Would be like having a retreat for yourself, every time you go there!

GGal ... Nice quilt! I'm sure it'll be more than appreciated ... it'll be loved! And oh so nice that you can deliver all these quilts yourself.