Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  Update Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

Old 11-04-2011, 09:27 PM

Well everyone, are you getting acquainted with the new Board? I'm finally finding my way around and I'm so glad the email notifications are working now.

I wanted everyone to know I finally got my second half of the FWS Quilt bound this evening. Yahoo, now I'm really ready for the Pony Club Quilt. I'll post photos tomorrow!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Power Poster

Wonderful news, Jeanie. Can't wait to see it. An inspiration for us to continue on our FWS journey.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 AM

Jeanie, can't wait to see your second quilt! What happened to the first?

Still muddling my way around the new Board but think I like it. And the email notifications do seem to be working now, but only time will tell.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Well everyone, are you getting acquainted with the new Board? I'm finally finding my way around and I'm so glad the email notifications are working now.

I wanted everyone to know I finally got my second half of the FWS Quilt bound this evening. Yahoo, now I'm really ready for the Pony Club Quilt. I'll post photos tomorrow!

I'm a later starter on the new system, so will be glad of any tips and hints from all! Now that I'm back from working out of town, I'm hoping for some quality time with my sewing machine, and in particular progress on the FWS! Last night I wasn't ready to face this new Board set up, so did a sit and sew .... 40 FWS blocks are done now. Will get them photo'd and up over the weekend.

Re the email notifications ... I'd gone thru all the FWS threads and marked as "watch" some time ago. Seems that they have not carried over to the new system. I am getting emails for ones I post on .... so the question ... is there anyway for me to mark threads without posting?

Loved your two completed FWS quilts, JeanieG .... ditto to OK's comment, that you and all provide some great inspiration to continue on!!
Old 11-11-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

I'm a later starter on the new system, so will be glad of any tips and hints from all! Now that I'm back from working out of town, I'm hoping for some quality time with my sewing machine, and in particular progress on the FWS! Last night I wasn't ready to face this new Board set up, so did a sit and sew .... 40 FWS blocks are done now. Will get them photo'd and up over the weekend.

Re the email notifications ... I'd gone thru all the FWS threads and marked as "watch" some time ago. Seems that they have not carried over to the new system. I am getting emails for ones I post on .... so the question ... is there anyway for me to mark threads without posting?

Loved your two completed FWS quilts, JeanieG .... ditto to OK's comment, that you and all provide some great inspiration to continue on!!
Yes, QuiltE! Go to top of this page and click on Thread Tools. You need to subscribe to each thread you want to follow without leaving a post.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

Yes, QuiltE! Go to top of this page and click on Thread Tools. You need to subscribe to each thread you want to follow without leaving a post.
Thanks JeanieG ......... I wasn't patient and started going thru the BOM threads, looking for FWS ones. Didn't finish. So those of you who are on those threads, are going to get a bundle of notices in your inboxes! It used to be you could see them in order via stalking Honchey, but now they are all out of order and messed up! I'm liking the new Board ... just need to learn how to move around and all the how to's!

Next time ... I'll ask you, if you don't mind, and patiently wait!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Thanks JeanieG ......... I wasn't patient and started going thru the BOM threads, looking for FWS ones. Didn't finish. So those of you who are on those threads, are going to get a bundle of notices in your inboxes! It used to be you could see them in order via stalking Honchey, but now they are all out of order and messed up! I'm liking the new Board ... just need to learn how to move around and all the how to's!

Next time ... I'll ask you, if you don't mind, and patiently wait!
I think I spent more time on this new Board learning it the first week than sewing! I still have a lot to learn. Like I do not understand what a "Blog" is for or how you use it. If anyone knows can they please clue me in????
Old 11-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

I think I spent more time on this new Board learning it the first week than sewing! I still have a lot to learn. Like I do not understand what a "Blog" is for or how you use it. If anyone knows can they please clue me in????
ha! isn't that the truth, more time on the internet than sewing .... that's my day today, though that was somewhat my plan, in order to catch up! Although, I really should be doing the paying work, instead of the fun stuff!!

My idea of a blog .... someone's diary opened up for the world to see!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Great to have you back QE!! We've missed you and your "off the wall, or should I say, block" observations; at least I have. Hope your time away was enjoyable!

I have a feeling that the "blog" is as you say it is and will eventually replace the PDA's. I can see the blog as a place to store some quilty information as well, but like you Jeanie, I'm a little clueless.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Great to have you back QE!! We've missed you and your "off the wall, or should I say, block" observations; at least I have. Hope your time away was enjoyable!

I have a feeling that the "blog" is as you say it is and will eventually replace the PDA's. I can see the blog as a place to store some quilty information as well, but like you Jeanie, I'm a little clueless.
That's weird .... I know I posted on this thread, and where oh where is it?
Of course, I had a good time .... worked hard, played some, and saw a LOT of people!

Did you post any new blocks while I was gone that I've missed? ... might be easier if you tell me where to look ... I'm having problems finding the threads.

BTW ....... did you get my PM? I have a feeling we don't see them, unless we check the PM section?

OK everyone ..... please feel free to dish me up any helpful hints you've mastered while I've been gone!
I feel SO behind on this new system!