Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  Update Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

Old 11-13-2011, 12:56 PM

I'm really having a hard time dealing with this new stuff. I'm getting more frustrated as I go along. This just takes so much time and I'm not having any fun!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:59 PM

I thought it was just me. I spend about 10 minutes and then log out. It takes forever for pics to show up. I can't find the rest of my "saved" stuff from before. I think I'll go play Spider Solitaire. At work, I'm the one they ask computer questions; there's no logic to this format.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Stick with it gals. It will pay off. I still have frustrating moments, Today I had an "HTTP Bad request" message several times. The first 3 or 4 days I was ready to give up as I spent so much time trying to find everything, but it gets better day by day. Now off to get something else done.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
I'm really having a hard time dealing with this new stuff. I'm getting more frustrated as I go along. This just takes so much time and I'm not having any fun!!!
It seems I spent hours on the Board the first few days it rolled over. You will get there, it just takes time. I even had a cheat sheet that I made up myself from the tips people gave on how to maneuver around here. Just like any new computer changes, I had to check that sheet every time I logged on. I really does get easier!
Old 11-13-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
I thought it was just me. I spend about 10 minutes and then log out. It takes forever for pics to show up. I can't find the rest of my "saved" stuff from before. I think I'll go play Spider Solitaire. At work, I'm the one they ask computer questions; there's no logic to this format.
All your stuff should be available by clicking on Settings in the upper right corner of your screen. On the left side go down to Bookmarks and Subscriptions. All the threads you bookmarked will be there, and subscriptions are all the threads you were watching.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Power Poster

Weird!! Weird!! Weird!!!!!!

I posted on the Sashings thread earlier and it's not there now.
I posted on this thread at the same time, and it's not here either.
Am I supposed to take a hint?

I mentioned that I thought I was the one with problems, being that I was a week later getting on the new system than the rest of you, being that I was out of town.

Most of today/Sunday, I couldn't get on the Board. Have a batch of pics ready to show you all and will post them tmro/Monday ... so get your coffee ready to have a look. I'll post which threads/blocks here once they are up and ready for you!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Weird!! Weird!! Weird!!!!!!

I posted on the Sashings thread earlier and it's not there now.
I posted on this thread at the same time, and it's not here either.
Am I supposed to take a hint?

I mentioned that I thought I was the one with problems, being that I was a week later getting on the new system than the rest of you, being that I was out of town.

Most of today/Sunday, I couldn't get on the Board. Have a batch of pics ready to show you all and will post them tmro/Monday ... so get your coffee ready to have a look. I'll post which threads/blocks here once they are up and ready for you!
I could not get on the Board this afternoon either. Seemed to be down???
Old 11-14-2011, 05:36 AM

Jeanie, thank you. None of my Bookmarks transferred. I've been (slowly) finding all the FWS sites and Subscribing to them individually. Very time consuming. Then I get a "stray" in there that I've never read or subscribed to. I know it takes time and patience--time I have, patience not so much LOL. I also never get email notifications about posts even tho I change my pofile or update it frequently--this happened on the old board too so no big deal.
QuiltE it's been much too long since we've seen some pics. Hope you can get them loaded; I've chatted with some other members who are having the same problem. Ain't technology grand???
Anne have you gotten any more done on FWS or are you working too much? Anxious to see your finished quilt and the setting you used. Or did I miss a pic?
DH is in China, it's pouring rain so today is a sew day!! Yay me!!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Yay! for China ... and no meals for DH ... which means you and patches can sit and sew to your little ♥'s content!!

Yes, pics will be coming today ..... IF I can figure out the how to's for picture posting ..... otherwise I'll be sending an SOS for JeanieG, to hold my hand thru the process! And of course, IF I can find the threads!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Yay! for China ... and no meals for DH ... which means you and patches can sit and sew to your little ♥'s content!!

Yes, pics will be coming today ..... IF I can figure out the how to's for picture posting ..... otherwise I'll be sending an SOS for JeanieG, to hold my hand thru the process! And of course, IF I can find the threads!!!
LOL, sorry QuiltE but we are going out with our Camping Group and leaving this afternoon. I will not be here for a few days! There is a thread on practicing uploading a photo that I practiced on. The biggest problem people had was the photos were too big and they would not upload. There is a thread on how to re-size the photos that may be helpful if you have this problem.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures when I return on Thursday! Will miss chatting with all of you!