Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Quilting Bee, August 2017 >

New Quilting Bee, August 2017

New Quilting Bee, August 2017

Old 08-03-2017, 02:34 PM

I just happened to click on this thread today. I'm not making this. Very pretty blocks. I love your colors.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:01 PM

Just Jan, my Juki's do the same thing on the regular foot. If I am piecing with it, I always use the walking foot and it is the correct 1/4". I really leave it on those machines all the time. I can't remember when I had any other foot on either one of them..
Old 08-03-2017, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Just Jan, my Juki's do the same thing on the regular foot. If I am piecing with it, I always use the walking foot and it is the correct 1/4". I really leave it on those machines all the time. I can't remember when I had any other foot on either one of them..
Not sure exactly what you mean. What I call the scant quarter foot is the one that came on the Juki 2010 machine. I have the walking foot on my Juki Exceed HZL-F300. I haven't got my new 2010 set up yet but it will get a free motion foot on it. Only time I take the walking foot off is when I want to use the blanket stitch for applique. I always use the regular foot on my 2010 so it sews scant, but if I want an actual 1/4 seam I just use the #7 guide line. Love those Jukis! I am really anxious to set up the new one but have much cleaning and fabric rearranging to complete first; and I move pretty slow now. But I'm improving... got an excellent report from my Dr. visit yesterday.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:44 PM

So, So pretty,

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Here are the blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577831[/ATTACH]
Old 08-03-2017, 06:21 PM

I can see this blocks are going to be a challenge for me. I am going to give is a shot this weekend if all goes well. Hope I can get them figured out, a few have been hard for me to make. Will post when they are done. Thanks for including me to this thread know I was gone for a while but got caught up. Thanks all
Old 08-03-2017, 09:07 PM

Just because there's been soooo much chatter about the Chain Link Block, here is a 10" block pattern - which means it will sew up measuring 10 1/2", but sews into the quilt as 10". I think most will be able to make this one with no problems. So just disregard the Chain Link pattern.

http://www.quilterscache.com/P/PlaidBlock.html
Old 08-04-2017, 04:53 AM

I bet some of you wonder if I talk all the time and don't do anything. It sure seems like it to me for example it took me 35 days to get done the blocks for July doing them in each group of materials I started out with. But I did get them done. I will now work at cutting out August blocks, and still have to go back and play catch up. Life tends to run over me way too often. Have a great weekend all.
Attached Thumbnails p1060464.jpg  
Old 08-04-2017, 05:21 AM

Lookin' good, Anne. I really like the blues & yellow. I 'stepped' out of the box last year and made a blue & yellow quilt, not a big fan of it, but it is pretty. My daughter laid claim to it real quick..lolo
Old 08-04-2017, 05:54 AM

Thanks. If you remember when I started, I had a x large tote of what I called ugly fabric given to the quilt group and it was what was left when everyone was done picking thru it. One set I have been making all along is from that, the other set is from my stash. I am stubborn on not buying anything for this project and so far I have stuck to it. The ones on the right are the "ugly" material. How different it can look once you cut it up. The left is my stash. Yellow and blue, not my favorite pick, but it was the yellow I had most of to use in each block. That splash of green, I don't care for either, but I put it in one of the months, so now I have to add it from time to time. Its fun once I get to it, fun to figure, fun to see how it turns out. But once I commit, I won't change, it is what it is. I just have to find the time to do it.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:02 AM

I like these two blocks too much not to try them. I might give it a go this weekend. I will have to use a different machine because I was messing around on my Featherweight the other day and actually broke the gib hook
What a drag, I didn't think I could break something on that machine.

I also started another quilted wall hanging, it will be another bargello. I was so happy with the one I made for my living room that a couple of jelly rolls came home with me:-) ...and I really need to finish weaving the cloth for my guest room curtains. So many projects and that dratted job just gets in the way! LOL

I just love the blocks that have been posted so far this month, just makes me itchy to sew.