Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Quilting Bee, July 2017 >

New Quilting Bee, July 2017

New Quilting Bee, July 2017

Old 07-11-2017, 02:05 AM

Congrats on the new grandson. I have 6 grandson and 3 granddaughters Grandchildren ages are 22years to 8 months. And I was told they would be no more. I told them it's getting expensive at Christmas time can you stop now. I have only two grown sons no daughters.

Co
Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
I got up this morning feeling great that I had an entire day to quilt. I was going to make my July blocks and then life stepped in. I got a text from my oldest DGS that his wife was in labor and my #10 great grandchild was born today. I, of course, had to rush to the hospital to see the new little darling. This little guy has 3 older sisters so everyone was thrilled when Morgan Scott was born. I'll try to quilt again tomorrow but I'd rather have this little guy instead of any amount of pieced blocks.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 View Post
It's growing, now on to the fourth block. I wish I had put green in the middle of the middle block too late now. Not sure I'm going to have enough of this fabric so being stingy with it. LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576285[/ATTACH]
Suggestion... Make your fourth block using just red and black. Add a different green that you can add both greens as you go. I believe I see a little bit of gold in the center of the flowers so you could also add some solid gold to the mix. But scatter a few that are just black and red and they will balance out with the others. I really like the look here with making them both ways. A picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe even make them half and half. since there are two blocks each time, you could make one with green and one without! I sure would never change that 2-color block. Janet
Old 07-11-2017, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
Hello everyone,

I have decided to jump into the deep end. I have been lurking and following each months thread and today I finally printed out all the patterns. This should be very good for improving my skills as I have only made 3 quilts. What you all have been doing since the start is just fabulous! Just be ready for some rookie questions! LOL
I'll always be a rookie, its the way to learn. I love the blocks so far, I actually have mine cut out. Hope to work on them this week. Welcome tscweaves, think you have been lurking long enough, jump in, have fun, enjoy.

Jaba love your paisley print and the way you have matched it, can't wait to see all your blocks.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:27 AM

It's growing, now on to the fourth block. I wish I had put green in the middle of the middle block too late now. Not sure I'm going to have enough of this fabric so being stingy with it. LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576285[/ATTACH]
These blocks are so pretty!
Old 07-11-2017, 04:29 AM

Dad is still hanging on. But he so, so confused. They think the cancer is spreading and now I have to stay up with him all night and my Aunt usually stays with him so I can sleep. But today his little brother had open heart surgery today and she wanted to be with my Aunt and uncle. Surgery went well, just too much at one time but we will survive it. I quit swapping for a bit because he keeps me busy at night so I thought I would catch up with this when I have the time. But tonight just too tired didn't get much sleep yesterday because my Aunt wasn't here.
Prayers sent your way for you and your family. Life sure dishes out a lot of stuff that makes us wonder how strong we are at times. Quilting is my run away to thing and I just try to fit it in when I can. I love the striking effect of your blocks.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
I'll always be a rookie, its the way to learn. I love the blocks so far, I actually have mine cut out. Hope to work on them this week. Welcome tscweaves, think you have been lurking long enough, jump in, have fun, enjoy.
Thanks for the welcome, that goes to everyone!
This is so much fun. I just don't know how this happened, between a bunch of vintage sewing machines coming in to my house and now making quilting blocks. It sure shows how your interests change. I used to hate to sew, I had a good weaving friend help me hem the first curtains that I wove because I did not want to sew them. Now I am looking for things to stick under a needle! LOL
Old 07-11-2017, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Love your block! Well done. Ripping builts character you know. You learn to double check, have patience and sometimes, some new words. LOL We've all been there. We know how you're feeling right now. You stuck with it and conquered. That's the important thing. You definitely are now a quilter!
I agree with you Libster, we have all been there, and trust me we will all go there again, its a never ending thing. So if ripping out means it builds character and it means we are a quilter, than I am a wonderful quilter with a lot of character. Loving the blocks.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Welcome all new members.

I love your pretty blocks.

If I ever get off the internet, I would have 2 more previous blocks completed. I'm so behind on my 2nd blocks. Next week I will cut them out and start sewing on them. I'm currently still working on my 2.5" log cabin quilt top = king size. I'm currently penning/sewing the rows together. I expect to have it completed by the end of this week. I'll wait and see how distracted I get. I should be pinning right now, but I'm not. See I'm distracted. Have fun sewing everyone.
You are funny, thanks for bringing a smile to my face this morning.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:28 AM

Thanks for the ideas I might have to do that so if I do run out I'll have something else to work with. If I have enough at this end of this sew along maybe I can do over some of them but right now I'll let them be. I wish I had read the board one more time before for that ideal. I'll find a way to make this work. LOL And thanks for the compliments too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576288[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails donnagreenredwhiteblackquilt.jpg  
Old 07-11-2017, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
Thanks for the welcome, that goes to everyone!
This is so much fun. I just don't know how this happened, between a bunch of vintage sewing machines coming in to my house and now making quilting blocks. It sure shows how your interests change. I used to hate to sew, I had a good weaving friend help me hem the first curtains that I wove because I did not want to sew them. Now I am looking for things to stick under a needle! LOL
So nobody told you quilting is addictive? Yep, you will find in the best of times and in the worst, you will just need to fondle fabric! Janet