Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Quilting Bee, July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
    Welcome. I think the block looks good. The blues will make a pretty quilt. I am a bad person at not following directions. I do my FG with squares no matter what the directions say. Now I may end up with the quilt police after me. In fact, I should admit that I redraw the blocks in EQ and use my colors in them. Sometimes, I omit seams....oh no!!! But I like what I have done so far.
    I say, do what works, the block comes out looking the same with the same dimensions, and it looks good, and the main thing is you are happy with it, that is the end result and that is what counts. Wonder how many times I would end up in jail as a habitual offender with my non police like attitude. Maybe the fine would be hard labor in a quilt shop, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    HAPPY 4TH everyone. Just Jan - LOLO that's ok, I didn't think anything about your statement, I just thought maybe you didn't know new Bee'ers should PM me first, not a strict requirement, but it helps to know who's who...

Ladies, your blocks are so pretty. Sauki, glad to see you post again, missed you. Jayne, the black & gray will make a stunning quilt. Libster, I love your Avatar block, did you make it? Neat pattern.

Here are my blocks - keep forgetting to post..

Attachment 575824
    Love these blocks, such a different look. Was just realizing as I read down thru, I don't get to read everything as its posted so my reading is behind. And I answer some of the quotes as I see them, then go back and read on and find what I have to say has already been said by many, I am just behind in my "2 cents". Now I understand where that saying comes from. And see Just Jan, I don't need a chemo brain to sound like one. By the way, Kudos to you for all you are going thru and keeping your humor, you are enjoyable to listen to.

I like the idea of shortcuts everyone mentions, when I try it I have a problem with the sizes coming out right, so still a lot of learning on my stuff. Love all the blocks, now that I am caught up on the reading, I will do what I can to catch up on the blocks, lol. Great job everyone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
    Happy "almost" 4th of July! I'm home alone for the week as my husband is on a rafting trip in Idaho. I am teaching summer school so I was not able to go. The good part is I have lots of quilting time! Here is my first block. I really struggled with the flying geese as I have never made them with triangles before. (I always use squares). Any thoughts? Other than one missing point, I'm satisfied and excited to make more! I'm thinking I'm going to use all shades of blue and make a "picnic" blanked. Maybe add some red cornerstones in the sashing... but seeing how I only have one block so far, I have plenty of time to think about that!!

Attachment 575769
    I usually use squares also !! I think I am going to make mine using all HST..........It should work-- right ??!!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    JustJan I can empathize with you. My daughter has Lupus and calls it her Lupus Brain Fog !!!! She also just laughs at her herself. It is good to have a sense of humor !!
    JayneW-pippa-Libster-Sauki1-Oksewnsew and JustJan-- awesome blocks !! I will get to mine tomorrow at Laughter In The Loft at my LQS !! Looking forward to seeing more blocks as they are posted!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    Playing catch up most likely will do the second one over messed up on the points. I think this is January and February blocks.

Name:  donna1.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  209.1 KBName:  donna2.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  187.2 KB
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

Happy Quilting!

OOh, I love that black floral! It pops! Good job.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Love2sew, what gorgeous fabric!!!

Jan

Oh great Donna, glad to see you post again.. Hope things are going better for you. Love your blocks, that black floral is striking.

Blog Entries
    Lv2sew, great choice of fabrics.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Blog Entries
    Such pretty blocks everyone has made
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Oksewnsew;7855451]Very pretty Chasezzz. Boy, you are fast..lolo Lovely quilt you are doing..

Zennia, you are welcome to join.. As you go along you will learn how to post pics. At least post that you have made your block(s)..[I don't have a clue to reply with the quote please help LOL. Love the locks Chasezzz
    ]
    women can't live on chocolate alone they must quilt

Blog Entries
    I just got back from vacation. I will start my blocks of the month next week. I hope everyone had a nice 4th.
    women can't live on chocolate alone they must quilt

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Had a little time this morning to do July blocks.Name:  DSCF3495.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  117.8 KBName:  DSCF3496.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  116.8 KBMy daughter in laws are in the kitchen, our last little feast tonight, tomorrow everyone will head home. It's sure been nice having them here for 9 days, my house will be really quiet
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I don't know why those others posted, thought I had them deleted!

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Sorry I don't know why those others posted, thought I had them deleted!
    I enjoyed seeing them all together! Very pretty.
    (The average freezer can hold approximately 326 fat quarters - The Guilty Quilter)

I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

A day without quilting is like a day without sunshine.

I enjoyed seeing them too, Jaba. Pretty blocks.

Hello everyone,

I have decided to jump into the deep end. I have been lurking and following each months thread and today I finally printed out all the patterns. This should be very good for improving my skills as I have only made 3 quilts. What you all have been doing since the start is just fabulous! Just be ready for some rookie questions! LOL
    Theresa -
    a weaver turned quilter
    Singer Lover: 1891 VS2, 1932 15-88, 1950 221-1, 1950 201-2, 1952 301, 1955 99k28, 1959 401a
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...88-albums.html

We've all been the rookie at one time, so ask away!

Love your blocks, jaba, especially the paisley. Paisleys have always been a fav of mine. TSC, just ask away, there's always someone to help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Oh great Donna, glad to see you post again.. Hope things are going better for you. Love your blocks, that black floral is striking.
    Dad is still hanging on. But he so, so confused. They think the cancer is spreading and now I have to stay up with him all night and my Aunt usually stays with him so I can sleep. But today his little brother had open heart surgery today and she wanted to be with my Aunt and uncle. Surgery went well, just too much at one time but we will survive it. I quit swapping for a bit because he keeps me busy at night so I thought I would catch up with this when I have the time. But tonight just too tired didn't get much sleep yesterday because my Aunt wasn't here.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

Happy Quilting!

Blog Entries
    Love those colors Jaba. All of your blocks ladies are awesome...
    Last edited by Lv2sew2011; 07-07-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

Happy Quilting!

Lv2sew2011; My prayers are with you.

I joined this month. During the Virtual Quilt Weekend got July sqs finished. And tonight got brave and just tried something to upload pictures from camera to computer. Don't know how to do anything with them. Think I need another program. Name:  DSCN2611.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  1.72 MB

Hi everyone! I love this months blocks! It's so much fun to see everyone sewing! We are back from Yellowstone (what an amazing place), now I'm working on blocks before I visit my Mom in August! Hopefully I'll have some pictures of my blocks for you this weekend.
    Kristi

I love your florals! I'm going to try and do I without cutting up those big triangles too...
    Kristi

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast