Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 03-08-2015, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
Love your blues.travellinggramma...I finished my 4 blocks of sky & melded them together and stipple quilted the row. I've never done this before, so its a learning curve. I hope I've left enough working space to join the next row. My next row will be the far horizon,[ATTACH=CONFIG]512892[/ATTACH]
Looks great Marion...can't wait to see these finished! Like I said, too much going on right now for me to do this, but I find it very interesting & may do it later in the year. Totally out of my comfort zone! I hope I can do Judy's MT on the 23rd...still working on #9! So much I want to do...so little time! I need that TIME that I gave you!
Old 03-08-2015, 05:29 PM

That is so cool-looking!
Old 03-08-2015, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
https://scontent-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...23&oe=557FD6A8 loved this picture of the sky hope it turns out!
That is absolutely beautiful!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:47 AM

love absolutely love your quilt work whitepines! wow! you should be running this round robin for sure! terrific work and please feel free to take over! wowsa.

I did that cowboy picture based on an idea I got in scrappy book. most pieces are small like pinky sized? you fused the back of fabrics then snipped them to lay over the fabric in the shapes you wanted. lots of tweezers work. but it was so fun took me three days to finish (ah back in the day when I worked faster). now I want to do another so I settled on the quilt along and sewing the whole thing so it could be used for a small quilt also but know it will be a wall hanging. I think again, changing up your way of thinking, can be a good thing. We are used to doing one thing, one way and that's the only way. So why not do it your way? why not try something different? why not put yourself outside of YOUR comfort zone? its only four or five rows! then you can go back to what you know.. do a traditional finish to the whole thing? come on over to the fun side! we are waiting for you!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:36 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513100[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]513101[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails water-batiks-2-.jpg   water-batiks-1-.jpg  
Old 03-09-2015, 06:39 PM

finally the finished row of the sky and the blue batiks that I will use for the water! I did it and got pictures of it all in one day! tada! today was a good day. next weekend I will work on the waters. couple weeks I might even get it done! tada again, maybe just maybe it will be finished by the first this time. I figure the water starts darker and will end in the light colors for the waves up in front. what do you think? any suggestions are welcome.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:27 PM

Linda, very pretty and your Batiks for the water are gorgeous.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:16 AM

Wow, you are super talented! It's like a painting but better.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:45 PM

Linda - love the batiks. My cousin - the artist in the family - went with me to Joanns. She kept picking the turquoise for the water - and I kept saying that the Atlantic Ocean up north is not turquoise its blues. Since its my beach, I will pick my colors!! Will do turquoise for another beach one day - but not this one!
Old 03-11-2015, 06:44 AM

travelinggramma your absolutely right the water is darker blue up north! down in the carribean however its a lovely shade of turquoise and like you say its my water and I am thinking warm and easy water. I want the color of water that you would never shiver walking into. lol.

ok now I have this question. WHO SENT ME THE BOOK? imagine my surprise when I opened this package yesterday and in it is the lovely landscape quilts book I mentioned here? It was a total 100 percent surprise. shock more like it. I took that box and dumped it upside down.. no slip inside saying from... nothing! put my glasses on check out the box.. no nothing on that but manufacturers address.. argh! I so want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart but don't have any idea who to say it to! oh no! so if you did this could you be so kind and let me know? I swear looking through it (drooling through is more like it) I found several quilts I want to do and there is this wonderful pattern section at the end of the book! omg! lol. the best part is I wont have to turn on the computer to use it can simply open the book to the page I am interested in. I believe it was like Christmas to me. I am so thankful.