Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
"Preferred" parking...grrr! >

"Preferred" parking...grrr!

"Preferred" parking...grrr!

Old 01-02-2011, 05:53 AM

I have a hc permit and one day at Costco when I came out a policeman pulled up behind me and asked if the permit was mine, I said yes, he asked to see my id and my hc permit card, matched up the numbers with the hang tag, etc. Of course, everything checked out but I'd like the person who called to walk a day in my body!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:58 AM

I knew a husband & wife that both had an artifical leg. It was not very evident to look at them, so they were always having to endure people nasty comments about where they parked. One day the wife had had enough and pulled up her pants leg to show her artifical leg. Someone was surely embarrassed and she felt great for a long time after!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 AM

One of the large grocery stores here have placed a "Mother with Child" reserved spot for them. Not close but not far either. As for the pregnant signs; my opinion, walking for a pregnant lady is good exercise (unless there are problems then a HC sticker is good). My opinion only.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
I get so upset at people who ignore the "No Parking - Fire Lane" painted along the sidewalks at the shopping center. Yesterday, some one parked there to go in to Starbucks! I almost said, "Doesn't the No Parking sign mean YOU?" Grrr!
I get tired of people that park in handicapped parking!! As a handicapped person it just burns my butt.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by fabricmaniac
Originally Posted by quiltmom04
I get so upset at people who ignore the "No Parking - Fire Lane" painted along the sidewalks at the shopping center. Yesterday, some one parked there to go in to Starbucks! I almost said, "Doesn't the No Parking sign mean YOU?" Grrr!
If you made that Bargello quilt, it is GORGEOUS! I started one several years ago, but it is in my box of UFOs! Can you come to my house and help me finish it? :lol:
Thanks! I did make it. Is AZ warm this time of year? How close are you to Phoenix?
Old 01-02-2011, 06:38 AM

I always wonder if they know how to read, probably not.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 AM

Five plates and 20 screws holding my left leg and hip onto the rest of my body has caused the doctor to write me a notice for one several times. however I still don't have one. I walk a little goofy some times but I can still walk therefore I will walk from the south fourty. If I don't one day I may not be able to walk at all and I will have wished I walked a little further when I could!

Don't judge a book by its cover, but at the same time books if your cover has a little rip in it its not always the end of the world. Suck it up a little bit and carry on!

I use to live in an apartment complex, and they had handicap parking spots but only at the buildings where they knew handicap people lived. Well the guy(mid to late 40's) that lived in the building down the lot had a hanger for his mirror no visible handicap not saying he didn't have SOMETHING wrong but nothing obvious. The woman that lived in the building next to us was paralized from the waist down and was in a manual wheelchair. If "his" parking spot (the handicap spot in front of his building) was taken no matter how many regular spots were open he would drive down to her parking spot park in it then walk back down to his building. Like it was the LAW for him to take up a handicap spot because he had a handicap hanger. There was nothing anyone could do about it because he was legally parked.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:12 AM

I'm not sure if this will be in all states, but here in SC our h/c placards are being given now with the photograph of the person to whom the placard belongs.
This will stop a lot of the abuse we now see. It won't, however stop those selfish people who abuse the spots with a placard. Those we have to rely on police enforcement---and yes, we should report them.

Roxanne
Old 01-02-2011, 07:41 AM

I noticed several of the comments interchange senior citizens with handicapped people. Handicapped people know no age bounderies.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
That really bugs me at work! We have a 5 storey parking garage and the ground floor is for visitors/customers ONLY. Well, there are about 5 people that work at my company that I always see coming and going to their cars on the ground floor.

Some people really do believe they are entitled to not follow the same rules as everyone else.
At my place of work, the front parking area is for visitors/volunteers only. The administor placed a notice in our paychecks for all personnel to park on the side or back lots due to too many parking out front. No one listened because if he was not wiling to follow his own advice why should anyone else. He never enforced it. I have had visitors mentioned they had to park on the side lots because the front is full.