Amazon prime?

Old 01-25-2017, 01:32 PM

How does Amazon Prime for movies and TV shows compare to Netflix movies?
Old 01-25-2017, 03:51 PM

We share it with our kids. We all watch Amazon Prime movies and tv shows, and we order way more than $100 worth of shipping in a year. I love that I never have to worry about shipping cost, can order whenever I want without waiting to save stuff up for shipping cost purposses and it comes in two days.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:08 PM

This is me. I never used 'Amazon' until I moved out into the woods! Now I use it all the time. I even bought a large roll of Quilt Batting via Amazon. My DH buys lots of odd-ands-ends like batteries, computer cables, unusual tools.

Originally Posted by Kath12 View Post
I use it all the time I like the free two day shipping. I don't live in a large city and would have to travel 100 miles round trip to get what I need. Prime saves me money, time and gas. It's amazing of what you can find on Amazon and I don't have to go to several stores looking for an item. So it saves me time, energy, and frustration and I don't have to leave my home.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:06 AM

I have learned so much from this post...I am in my second or third year of Prime but didn't realize all the other benefits like movies and books and adding another address for shipping. I'll definitely be looking at my membership for these items. Since I live away from any big shopping areas and limited on local shops (especially during winter months) I do use Amazon from time to time.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:50 AM

I, too, hate to shop. I joined Prime in December when my brother gave my 98 year old mother the Amazon Dot so she could play music since she could not remember how to operate the cd player. Now she just tells the Dot what music she wants and - wa la - she has music (part of the music available through Prime). Just this week I downloaded a free Kindle book, and yesterday I ordered some small items I needed and did not want to go to the store for - they will be at my door tomorrow. My DH watches the movies, and I am watching a TV series through it - so we definitely feel it is worth the money. What I really love is ordering large size items (coffee kcups in quantity, dog items) and not having to lug them from the store but getting them delivered to my door.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:05 AM

I don't live too much in the boonies...most things I'm interested in I can access within 25 miles...and it gets me out of the house, walking around the stores, maybe stopping for lunch at a fav place or new place....a day out! So the shopping part benefit is not vital, ok, maybe a quilt book or gadget on Amazon that has a much better price than I can get locally!

question....how do you watch movies/tv? On computer screen, iPad? I'm really not that up on electronic gadgets....I have Comcast and now with new tv Netflix, so I think I can get all I'm interested in there..books via kindle..lukewarm for me...new library about three blocks away here. Music...I don't understand the need for it on a regular basis..my fav is classical, can get that on my little radio......along with news and some talk shows.....I guess I am living in the dark ages with my little candle burning in the corner....oh well
Old 01-26-2017, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

I watch movies on my large computer monitor/screen. last night my son showed me how to look up t.v. shows too. so now i know I will keep Prime. He is going to let the t.v. service go in a few months. nothing much on anyway.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:38 AM

when you purchase anything from Smile Amazon, the charity of your choice gets $$. It may be pennies but adds up. I use prime all the time, both for personal and business! Purchased toners for $11.00 LESS than the office depot. So I always check there first
Old 01-26-2017, 12:01 PM

You watch the movies on your TV. We have a Roku device we bought a few years back and we get the Amazon or Netflix through that. Some new TV's are "Amazon ready" I guess you could say and then you don't need a device.

Our Prime will be coming up for renewal soon and I will probably renew. We order a lot online and don't always want to wait until we need $49 in merchandise. I also use the Subscribe and Save for paper towels, toilet tissue and even garbage bags. I find it so convenient to get those things in the mail instead of lugging them from the supermarket to home, especially in the winter. You do have to monitor your items though as sometimes the price goes up or they may be shipping before you need something so you can postpone the shipment for another month or two or cancel at any time. I even sometimes buy cereal as strange as it sounds. I recently got 4 boxes of Quaker Instant Oatmeal for less than $2. a box plus free shipping which is far less than the store. I also purchase those boxes of batteries so we always have them on hand. I get the Duracell Pro I think they are and they are far, far cheaper than buying in the store.

Ladydukes, our son gave us a year of Netflix for Christmas so we now have both. I wondered the same thing as you. I think Netflix has a few more things to offer and one big difference is that you never pay extra for anything on Netflix. Many of the movies I checked on Amazon had a charge of $2.99 - $4.99 I think. Even some tv series required payment but there is none of that on Netflix.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:02 PM

One more point is that even with free shipping, Amazon is not always cheaper than other places so you do need to check around.