Amazon prime?

Old 01-26-2017, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Wildernessties View Post
One more point is that even with free shipping, Amazon is not always cheaper than other places so you do need to check around.
Good point! I've often found things on Amazon and when I went and looked at the brand's actual website I could do better there.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:52 PM

We have had Amazon Prime for years and it pays for itself around Christmas. This year is the first year I did the black Friday weekend and I bought Lego so inexpensively that the parents were upset because they thought I had spent a fortune on the kids. DH loves the music and the movies. I have a Kindle and love to read -- I have many many free books that I have picked up. They also send me daily deals on Kindle books and I have picked up some great bargains on otherwise expensive Kindle books (my definition of expensive Kindle books is anything over $2.99, but some of my bargains have a regular price of over $10).
Old 01-29-2017, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by ladydukes View Post
How does Amazon Prime for movies and TV shows compare to Netflix movies?
I've never had Netflix but my daughter did and she got rid of it pretty fast. She said most of the shows were older ones that she had already seen. I do know that last week was the first episode of Hunted, I fell asleep toward the beginning and was really frustrated. I was on amazon a few days later and that 1st episode was already there. So that was good. I rarely order anything online so the watching of movies and shows is the main thing for me.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Last night I watched Mr. Church with Eddie Murphy on Amazon. Watched it on my t.v. which my son told me I could do. Still like my computer for pausing and looking at what scene is next, etc.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:51 AM

I use our Amazon Prime a lot! When we did some updates to our last home, I purchased chandeliers for formal and casual dining areas. One came broken (heard the pieces) and even before opening, I contacted Amazon and they provided a free shipping label back to them. I have had a few broken or missing items and they paid for return shipping. Easy to deal with as long as you use their website. I purchase a lot of items I can't get locally like specialty foods, drink or crafts. i.e.. Indian Harvested Minnesota Wild Rice, Zatarain's Dehydrated Green Onions, Chalk Paint in non-standard color,... Besides the Kindle Free Book that you get to borrow once a month, there are other free books that are offered. I also use the local library that is associated with Overdrive.com and I can check out eBooks through my local library. You then have to navigate the Kindle area on Amazon.com to get the book to download on your Kindle. We also use the free options for the tv too.