American Idol

Old 04-08-2011, 04:51 AM

I was really shocked, she probably already has a contract though, she has the best voice but she doesn't really have any stage presents. but i love her, i'm voting for scottie and lauren and i really like haley, the guys can go home. Just my opinion
Old 04-08-2011, 04:57 AM

I have stopped watching since I became so frustrated with the public votes. They certainly don't vote based on talent. I wish they would have professional judges make the decision. Probably the public wouldn't watch without the input.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:07 AM

My DH and I have been saying all along that its the teeny bopper girls that vote and they vote for the cutiest boy not the most telanted. That is to bad. love love love Scotty his voice send chills up my spine. This the most telanted group I have seen since I started watching 3 years ago.

Originally Posted by renee765
I was also surprised. The one eliminated tonight seemed to me like the most professional one in the contest! I did read on the internet after Naima (sp?) was voted off last week, she said that the teeny bopper girls were voting all the females off - regardless of how well they sang. Looks like she might be right!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:27 AM

It's all in the votes!. I watch it, but can't vote.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 AM

Yep but remember Jennifer Hudson ?!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

I keep telling DH that its the little teenage girls doing all the voting, so we'll never understand what is going on in their heads..:roll: I generally never agree with the winner and usually not the runner up either. Except for Carrie Underwood, I think that the rest of the Idol group that has done well were not winners of the show. Its a great jumping off start for them though..no matter! Sad to see Pia go though.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by chanlaza's meemaw
I too was shocked!! I agree about the teeny boppers - they have been doing that for a couple of years now. Anyone remember last year's winner - of course not - teeny boppers voted him in. Too bad. Oh well, look at Jennifer Hudson - hope the same happens to Pia. :D
I agree, I think she is the next Jennifer Hudson. She is incredible vocally and last night because she was fighting off tears, her voice cracked, otherwise I thought she was incredible. The year Jennifer Hudson was on was the same year as Latoya London and I thought she was great. I quit watching after she was voted off, but I can't say the same for this year. I am rooting for Casey, Paul and the black dude...sorry, can't remember his name. He seems really genuine and I think Casey is a musical genius but maybe Idol isn't the right venue for him. Paul is also musically pure and his smile and stage presence is absolutely infectious. I think the gal from Georgia is way too young and this fame will destroy her.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 AM

We used to watch religiously several years ago. As long as it was a talent show, it was great but when it was thrown out to the audience and beccame a popularity contest------That was it for us.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:02 AM

I don't watch any of the talent or so called reality shows but I turned the tv on to watch Bones caught the worst rendition of Stand By You I've ever heard that girls voice set my dog to howling and my fixed but still in heat cat joined in the critters carried the tune much better if thats the winner how bad were the non-winners?
Old 04-08-2011, 07:09 AM

I really thought it would be Pia and Scotty in the final two. Guess this old person does not see things like the younger generation.