American Idol

Old 04-08-2011, 07:24 AM

Also, the special guests tonight were awful! Constantino and Iggy Pop (he was disgusting).

How can a man with such an ugly body take off his shirt. Doesn't he know he is ickkkkky.

Idol will catch heck with the backlash.
Syl
Old 04-08-2011, 07:51 AM

I think the producers of American Idol are really calling the shots to make viewers keep coming back. I don't think the voting is all what it's cracked up to be. Geez, it's as plain as the nose on the promoters face who has real talent on that show. And what is with watching an old rocker sing with his shirt off? At a certain age clothes should be the norm, entertainment or not.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:08 AM

I too was surprised!!! She is so talented. I still think she will get a recording deal! Just wait and see.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:26 AM

I have watched American Idol almost every year that they have had it on...some years more intensely than others depending on the talent offered. I believe this year they have the most talent ever in their top nine, and someone has to go! I was a little surprised at America's choice, but then I look at it this way....she is a super talent for sure and someone WILL take her and run with her and since she won't be the "American Idol" she won't have to share any of her wealth with the owners/producers. It might take her a little longer, but she will get there!

When one of my favorites get voted off I think to myself -- well, Judi, did you pick up the phone and vote? LOL...and then I find I can't complain too much. :oops:

I would have had a hard time picking someone to go home myself....
Old 04-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

I was as shocked as everyone. I wonder if the judges are wishing they had saved their "save".
Old 04-08-2011, 08:35 AM

American Idol is my favorite show. I love the talent. I even vote on line, which is nice because previously I did call. I try to look at the contestant as a whole "American Idol". I loved the contestants voice for ballads, it is beautiful, but if you take the whole picture, I think she's missing something. She'll do just fine in her career, wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't have a contract already. They will all have contracts. And if you stop and think....just how many Idols to we hear a lot about...just a few. We hear more about second runner ups, or at least the top 10. I have my favorite, but at this point I try to figure who's going home because they are all great.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:36 AM
mac

Originally Posted by Stitchit123
I don't watch any of the talent or so called reality shows but I turned the tv on to watch Bones caught the worst rendition of Stand By You I've ever heard that girls voice set my dog to howling and my fixed but still in heat cat joined in the critters carried the tune much better if thats the winner how bad were the non-winners?
I am sure it must be really difficult to sing your best when your dreams of stardom have just been broken into little pieces and are falling at your feet. However, I think that she handled it very professionally to the very end. Did you see how she broke down crying when her song was over? That takes a lot of control to sing under those circumstances when your heart is breaking.

Although I don't think that AOL will be as fun to watch without her presence, I am not worried about her. DH and I were remarking that her professionalism, her beauty and her voice will take her to many places.

I am sure Abrahms will feel even worse now knowing he was saved over Pia. He seems to feel that he didn't deserve being saved.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

I hadn't read all the messages before I posted so I'll add another 2 cents. I agree regarding Constantine and Iggy Pop. If you've got to beep the lyrics then they have no business being on Idol, what a Freak! Constantine sounded worse than when he was on Idol. Jennifer Hudson was not my favorite when she was on Idol; I thought she had alot of maturing to do. She's turned into a multi-talented professional with grace. Daughtery was also a favorite and I knew not winning Idol was not a deal-breaker. I hope this is not the last we hear of Pia.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:46 AM

I enjoy watching Idol- picked the winner when the "country guy -chicken picker " was on. He was good. I love country music and so this year I pick Scotty. He is such a natural. This is the first year I have voted. Miss many nights due to Lenten Worship and bible studies. So miss much of it. They are all very good at this point.
I do feel it is a popularity contest. Same as Dancing with the Stars is to some point.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

i was shocked too, thought Stefano would go, not much personality, closes his eyes alot, like david Archuletta.
BUT... as we've all seen, the top one usually doesn't make out as well as the others.
so we'll have to wait and see