Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
An annoying/thoughtless gift you've received from a significant other >

An annoying/thoughtless gift you've received from a significant other

An annoying/thoughtless gift you've received from a significant other

Old 11-24-2009, 05:18 PM

these are so funny. right now I can't think of any real gifts hubby has given me that I didn't like. But I can say I asked him to stop buying me pjs- after 8 pairs- 1 each year for years, I really didn't need them and I don't wear them- I don't like collars around my neck when I sleep. Give me my M&M sleepshirt and I'm happy.

I have a gift my oldest stepdaughter gave me 3 years ago- still in the box. We haven't seen each other in quite some time- she and I had a falling out and she won't come to our home because I will call her out and get it dealt with, a thought she can't bear. She gave me a zip front hoodie. I don't do sweatshirts, I don't like hoodies and I don't wear an XL. It's in the box. I should give it back to her- she doesn't wear pink- it is feminine and she doesn't wear an XL. Think she would get the hint?

Last year she gave a gift card to a restaurant I don't eat at. Wonder what this year will be....

(Actually I would prefer people not give me gifts- I feel weird receiving things, but I LOVE to give things!)
Old 11-24-2009, 05:32 PM

I forgot about the exercise bicycle he got me one year for Christmas with a big red bow on it. He was so proud of that thing and could'nt figure out why I did'nt like it! Dah!! No over weight person wants to be reminded that she should have an exercise Bicycle!!!!!!!!!! Get a clue! I finally sold it in a garage sale!
Old 11-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
My favorite, though, that he still doesn't understand my displeasure over... For our 25th anniversary, he arranged a surprise vow renewal & party and a cruise to the western Carribean. Everyone thought he was SOOOO amazing.

A couple of little glitches: He knew that I hate vow renewals, and can't take heat. The cruise was in AUGUST. No air conditioning at the church where vow renewal/party was. Cruise hotter than heck. I had to pay for excursions - nothing I wanted to do would he do. He wanted to go to the Myan ruins, which was a whole day trip. Do you know why they are called ruins? Because they are RUINED!! It was about 100 degrees and miserable. That was a lot of money down the drain. The best thing is it's over!
LMAO over here. Sorry you were so miserable and thanks for the heads up on the RUINS. hehe.

Pat had it in his mind that we should consider a renewal ceremony coz we only had a justice of the peace original wedding. (Now the thought of me in a white fluffy dress - - -imagine the Michelin Man's Girlfriend in ruffles.)
To nip that idea in the bud, I told him he would have to ask me to marry him again and he would have to live by my decision even if the answer is NO. :twisted:
Old 11-24-2009, 06:57 PM

For our first Christmas my DH bought me a Woolworth's plastic wall size mirror and a yucca plant! We have been married 32 years and I still have the mirror and each Christmas I ask him "What were you thinking?" He still hasn't come up with an answer! :roll:
Old 11-24-2009, 07:27 PM

My and Hubbys Anniversary was Nov. 14th. Been married 11 years. I decided to get him his own lap top. I know not romantic but as much stuff that he down loads on my computer and we only have dial up, I don't need it going any slower then it already does. Besides, I knew he would be thrilled. I gave it to him 4 days early, and told him Happy Anniversary. First thing out of his mouth was "I didn't plan on spending that much money on you" OOOOKKKKK, I didn't ask you to. Well the 14th rolls around and nothing. Now mind you I never asked for anything but you would have thought he could of at least said Happy Anniversary. Here it is 10 days later and I'm still waiting. Can someone PLEASE tell me what men are good for? :?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

Dingle I got married on november 14th also . that was not a good one for me :? I haven't figured out exactly what men are good for , that is why I stay single :lol: :wink: :lol:
Old 11-25-2009, 04:27 AM

Way back when.......he would go shopping.the salesclerk would ask what size and he would answer, "doesn't make any difference"

Explaining that the gift was for opening..I would then be able to return same for right size and right gift.......

Worked wonders......for 53 years now !!!!!!!!!

Now we both shop for what we want, when we want it and only if we want it..
Old 11-25-2009, 04:32 AM

where do you go in Florida? We snowbird in Vero Beach and I belong to the SunBonnet Sues..great quilt ladies
Maryjane
Old 11-25-2009, 04:33 AM

that last post was sent to

peaceand joy...hope you are still online
Old 11-25-2009, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dingle
Can someone PLEASE tell me what men are good for? :?
Squashing bugs. :roll: