Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Any Computer Virus Experts on Here!!?? >

Any Computer Virus Experts on Here!!??

Any Computer Virus Experts on Here!!??

Old 05-25-2010, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Have you run a virus scan? Or is it one of those programs that state you have a virus and want you to purchase their product? You might want to try to do a system restore and see if that'll work.

Otherwise, I have no more suggestions. :cry:

Good Luck!!
System restore is your last option whenever you have a virus you should ALWAYS get rid of it thru a antivirus scanner
Old 05-26-2010, 04:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cassie69emt
Have you run a virus scan? Or is it one of those programs that state you have a virus and want you to purchase their product? You might want to try to do a system restore and see if that'll work.

Good Luck!!
System restore is your last option whenever you have a virus you should ALWAYS get rid of it thru a antivirus scanner
I piddled with it last night and finally got my virus scan to work (it wouldn't even work earlier) and ran a full scan and it found a trojan horse. It kicked it in the A@@ to the next country! It seems to me working fine now. I'm holding my breath. :hunf:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-73715.gif  
Old 05-26-2010, 06:53 AM

[quote=marsye
I piddled with it last night and finally got my virus scan to work (it wouldn't even work earlier) and ran a full scan and it found a trojan horse. It kicked it in the A@@ to the next country! It seems to me working fine now. I'm holding my breath. :hunf:[/quote]

Marsye you are too much!
You always have a funny photo to go with your posts (in addition to your avatar).
I wonder where you find them all, hmmmm?
I'm glad your pc seems better.
Karen
Old 05-27-2010, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
Some of those lovely message that say you have a virus are actually the ones that give you a virus. As long as you have a good antivirus scanner on there I wouldn't worry about it. however I would run your current antivirus with the latest updates and get rid of whatever it is that is trying to get on your PC.
exactly..it is the virus or malware..my husband opened it up on my computer..i lost everything..
Old 05-27-2010, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
Originally Posted by marsye
Good Luck!!
Thats what its telling me! It wants me to purchase their product............I will try a system restore when I get back home! Thanks!!
Wait! I'm not an expert but I just read something recently (on Yahoo maybe?) that these warnings of virus's and "buy our product to get rid of it" is just a scare tactic.....you don't really have a virus a lot of times....they just want to sell you something.
So if it were me, I would first follow the previous advice and scan my pc in safe mode before I click on the "buy this" thing.
I also use AVG because it was recommended by a Geek at BestBuy.
I hope your husband's surgery goes smoothly and also good luck with your pc.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:41 AM

I got scammed by this very same message. I couldn't open anything and had a panic attack. I clicked the button and my money ended up in some foreign country. I had virus protection and just couldn't think straight when that message kept popping up with everything I tried. Scammers are very clever. It was good to walk away and try later.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:49 AM

DON"T DO IT!!! don't run a scan if you get a pop up saying buy this to scan because you have a virus. that is one sure way to get infected!! I know because it has happened to me twice. My hubby used to work for the Gook Squad and he says not to click on pop up windows because of that. I would suggest down loading Mozilla firefox or google crome to run as your browswer for the internet. I have found less problems with them than Internet Explorer. I would manuely go into your computer and run a scan using your normal Virus protection.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:41 AM

be sure that you update your antivirus program with automatic updates to cover new viruses.
Good luck.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:31 AM

I had a malware problem last week and my husband was able to clean things up! He downloaded a SpyBot software that is free and so far so good! For a little bit he thought it actually might be tied to this site and wouldn't let me get on! :( Thankfully things are good now and I'm back! Never ever click on anything that says your computer might be infected! That is the infection!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:40 AM

I sometimes get these little popups that say I have a virus. However I have McAfee so I do a manual scan and my computer is clean. I think it is just another scam.