Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone Have a Vegtable garden? >

Anyone Have a Vegtable garden?

Anyone Have a Vegtable garden?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

Oh, do I ever. I will dig it out, but it will be after work, okay? Got a HUGE recipe file to dig thru...I got to find it anyhow, my zuchini are looking good! The cake is so moist and youd never know there were green stuff in it....used to feed it to my boys alot, when they were little and opposed to eating healthy veggies!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 AM

I collect zucchini recipes. Love to experiment. I have one for pina colada zucchini cake. yummy.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

Well...my zuchini is starting to run me out of the house..that and yellow squash too. I've already "re-homed" 2 big sacks of it :wink: :lol:
Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Power Poster

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Barb, PLEASE share that recipe, if ya can. Sounds too good!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:39 AM

I've heard so many funny stories about zucchini and how people will try to get rid of it when it takes over their lives!

I'm afraid to can. I've just always frozen what we produce (which hasn't been a lot), but would love to expand and can if I weren't such a chicken!! Anyone have a fool-proof process that won't kill us???
Old 06-08-2010, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

Nah, I'm with you, too chicken to can....I do freeze alot, but would LOVE jars of jam in my cupboard, lol!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:35 AM

I'll dig them out when I get home tonight.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Woodster
I've heard so many funny stories about zucchini and how people will try to get rid of it when it takes over their lives!

I'm afraid to can. I've just always frozen what we produce (which hasn't been a lot), but would love to expand and can if I weren't such a chicken!! Anyone have a fool-proof process that won't kill us???
I don't think you can can zucchini. It will get too soft. I think you can pickle it, however.

I batter dip and fry the flowers - it cuts down on fruit production and it's really delicious. The flowers have to be cooked within 4 hours of harvesting (which is why they are such a delicacy in French restaurants). I use a beer batter.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by quiltilicious
Originally Posted by Woodster

I don't think you can can zucchini. It will get too soft. I think you can pickle it, however.

I batter dip and fry the flowers - it cuts down on fruit production and it's really delicious. The flowers have to be cooked within 4 hours of harvesting (which is why they are such a delicacy in French restaurants). I use a beer batter.
You are making me salivate!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

I just saw in the latest Martha Stewart a recipe for grilled zuchini that looked really good!