Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Hang in here with us. The first week or so is the hardest. My goal is the surprise on my daughter's face for her graduation. 5 more days. At the beginning of the month I put a weight in the last day that I want to weigh. It has kept me on track so far. I have been a # or so off, but always a new month to strive for the goal. Right now I could eat the refrig because I'm upset. So I will look at my fabric and decide what I can do. By the time I feel it for awhile I will be better and Mom will be in bed. If it was warmer outside, I would go for a walk, but not tonight.

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:52 PM

Everose, you look too young to have a daughter graduating. I like your idea about writing down your goal weight on the calendar. I might have to give that a try. Of course it will have to be my own private calendar because I wouldn't put it out there for the world to see.
We had a lovely Easter. The brunch was very good. We drove the 3 hours home and got here just in time to skype with my son in Korea.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:09 PM

Pam H - thanks for the compliment. My picture is of my wonderful hubby and awesome daughter. Every year I get a new one of them. She's graduating as an art major from college. So exciting!!!!

Yes, I keep a personal calendar for my weight, as it has been a crisis for me all my life. Most of the time I wasn't obese, but my father and brothers were very critical of my weight and I had a bad complex because of it.

Take care - treat yourself good and say good things to yourself. We are our own worse enemies.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:26 PM

Seems that I have another stumbling block to overcome I am really trying to eat healthy except yesterday when I feel off the wagon and ate 2 cadberry eggs started out doing good today 1/2 of a healthy bagel plain for breakfast cup of decaf coffe lunch was 2 pieces of fruit and crackers then decided to tidy up apt a little just got started and my heart decided to act up again thought a little Nitro would help but kept getting more and more pain a fading out not so weak but felt like I was checking out of life. Summonized my son and had him take me to hospital was told that I was as clove to going over the edge as I could get without actually going there so now once again hospitalized where i get very little exercise and not the food i am trying to eat to loose weight It seems to never end however tonight I was given meat and a starch but also a sm salad and fruit so I guess it isnt all bad and maybe tomorrow I will be released and get back to my weight loss diet , I hope I dont have to be here long so I can get back to my diet Good Luck everyone I know we can all do it if we try hard enough
Old 04-08-2012, 11:28 PM

Sassey - you need to take it easy and make sure you are eating to prevent this from happening, You are in my prayers. it doesn't look like you are getting enough protein with your meals.

alikat110- I am sure that the increase bloating is from your increase in fiber, I agree with Everose, add some lemon to your water and it will help decrease your bloating.

to the rest of us- keep up our hard work losing. Can't wait to see who gets the pot this month.

I hate the nights I can't sleep especially when I have to get up in 2 hours for work and working a 12 shift. UGH!!!!! sleep take me away
Old 04-09-2012, 04:22 AM

I wanna thank yo ladies for excepting me in this one but Iam going to wait till the next month ,with some trying this month .lots going on , My DH is very very sick with doctor appoitments and trying to figure out why all his lymphnoids are swelling gives me little time ,not to mention my two beautiful girls that are 10 and 9 this month .Then there is my nephew he is 3yrs old and his mom is well,been in some difficult times and dont think she wants to be a mom anymore so my other niece and me are trying to keep him for the state.I go to church now I started Easter Sunday and me and my two children and nephew will contuine in this.I was so up lifted going.Iam a very bad muncher at night I dont eat all day I drink cold coffee, I eat sweets all night, and when i went to put on a size 20 after being a 10 most my life I about collapsed ,my health is thinning out. I want to be as healthy as possible to be there for my family .so Once again thank you but next month Ill be in full force. With quilting and careful eating anything is possible .Stay focused and never give up. JoeJoe31.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 AM
mim

I hope this post gets me back in receiving posts -- I keeep getting the sorry - come back later when I get an email. I really blew it yesterday -- On the way home from a family gathering, we had a 3 car fender bender -- no one was hurt -- just shaken up

My reaction to real stress is chips, cheese and wine. Translate that into unhappy stomach all night. -- So I probably put on a pound -- after not eating chocolate and cupcakes during the day -- But we are all well and the insurance companies will sort it all out, I'm sure
Mim
Old 04-09-2012, 11:33 AM

sounds like a tough start to this month for most of us. I just ate a ton of Reeces pieces eggs. I love them. I am so glad they are only available at Easter. I have eaten so many. They don't taste the same as regular Reeces pieces to me. The eggs are soooooooooo much better. They are all gone now so I can start behaving myself again.
I have been off for Spring Break the last week. I didn't get much of a break between getting ready for my Easter company and work around here. I also did a lot of work at my parents house. They are 88 and 85. I decided today was my day. I have been sewing pretty much all day I need to finish some projects. I have my nieces baby quilt ready to sandwich and quilt. I need a different color of thread so I will shop for that on the way home from work tomorrow. I need to finish a t-shirt quilt a friend is paying me to make. Another friend needs a baby quilt by May18th. I haven't started that yet. And her sister wants me to make a t-shirt quilt by JUly.
I am going to the International quilt show this weekend in Cincinnati. Is anyone else here going? Last year I set a budget for myself of $200. Ha! what a joke that was, $200 was gone in no time and I just pulled out the credit card. I hope I can control myself better this year.
Good weight loss to all!
Pat
Old 04-09-2012, 08:15 PM

My candy bars are still safe since I am not home to eat them. Didnt due 2 bad today on my diet.Cant wait to get home so I can have my decafe cof with a smigen of vanilla cream.meanmom it sounds as if you wi;; be so busy quilting you wont have time to eat. Enjoy thr quilt show and if you blow the budget so what it is money you cant spend on sweets Creature paws thanks for the advise and hope you get some good sleep to refresh your body and spirit
Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 PM

Hello, all. Easter was lovely - the wonderful service followed by dinner at my oldest daughter's house. Perfect house for Easter dinner - it's painted in Easter egg colors according to some of her children. Blondeslave, I think Siberians have slaves, too - the Border Collie/Lab not so much. Congrats on the new machine. I don't look at embroidery machines because I might want one. I can see so many uses for one.

Gayle, that boot is a tough thing to drag around. My children never had any problem, but I couldn't stand the way one felt. I understand wanting to get a lot done before surgery, but be careful. I was pulling shrubbery in a 30 degree rain the night before one of my surgeries, so I'm not one to say anything.

allikat, your quilt is bright and happy. Just what a baby needs. You my have to separate your fruits and veggies if the bloating is a problem. They don't digest at the same rate so that can be problematic for some people.

Cindy, I'm guessing that if you have a grown son, you are over forty. 3mg melatonin is wonderful for sleep - better if you can take it with valerian root capsules, but be forewarned, those things stink when you open the bottle.

Sassey, I'm sorry about the hospitalization - and the feeling of terror until things are under control. I USED to have congestive heart failure. Contrary to what the ad on TV says, it can get better. My heart isn't even enlarged anymore and I have given up all my heart meds. Cindy's correct. You may need more protein in your diet. The diet I was on a few months ago had protein with every meal. I did lose weight on it so it sounds like I should be back on it. In the mean time, I picked up some lemons today and will start lemon water with some other things added in the morning to flush out the yicky feeling from too much Easter food.

mim, accidents are no fun and insurance companies aren't either anymore. I am only replacing the headlight, not having body work done, to keep the insurance from going up from my encounter with a deer last month. It's good no one was hurt, but it's still a big inconvenience.

Pam, I don't right the goal weight on my calendar - just the goal amount on the last day. I have a big 2 in highlighter over the 30 on the last day of the month. No one needs to know 2 from what. Ah Ha - I need to make that -2. That will keep it in my mind why the two is there.

I'm headed to bed. I didn't do much today - my body wouldn't cooperate. I did get to the grocery store for the first time in weeks and walk the dogs, but not much else. Like Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day."

I am losing weight and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 04-09-2012 at 09:32 PM.