Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 04-06-2012, 10:44 PM

Ok, ten lashes with a wet noodle, I did not get my FQ in the mail today. I did hobble over to the Green Thumb Garden Center and bought a couple of vegetable plant that I really really want to get in my garden before surgery. By the time I got to the register I felt ready to collapse. The last couple of days I have felt really drained and no energy. I got some help putting my stuff in the car. By the time I got near home I had just enough energy back to hobble into Trader Joes to get 5 items, then collapsed into the car. I was able to get some plants potted and then sat for a couple hours making my fresh salsa. I put in 7 lbs of Tomatoes (still needs more) 15 tomatillos, 2 Large onions, 9 Jalepeno peppers, 9 Anaheim Peppers, 3 whole bulbs of garlic, the juice and pulp of 2 Limes, 3 bunches of Cilantro and some fresh ground salt. Yummy!!!! I love this Salsa on my eggs every morning as well as the "Dressing" on a salad. My whole family loves my Salsa. If my son does not come home, this should last about 3 weeks. I filled a Large Rectangle 2 Container (that I used to use to hold 10 lbs of sugar in) Good Stuff.
I also pulled a few weeds and old plants out of my garden area. I had to rest a lot in between and during tasks but I feel I got a lot done today!!!
I really really want to get that garden in before surgery but will need help doing so. My son is not coming home this weekend, but should be able to meet the family at my mom's place, about 100 miles south of here on the other side of Los Angeles, so I won't have him to help. DH has a children's event at church tomorrow morning, maybe in the afternoon I can get him to help pull out weeds and maybe till up some of the soil so I can at least get my peppers and tomatoes in!
Church tonight was wonderful. Had several more friends come up and tell me they were praying for my surgery and wondering how I was doing.
I cooked up a whole bunch of stir fry veggies last night with black beans added. Last night I put on a little bit of stir-fry chicken, tonight I tossed in some shrimp. We may have it for dinner again tomorrow. It sure was good!! Never thought I would learn to really like lots of veggies!!!!
I will endeavor to get my FQ in the mail tomorrow (ok, it's almost tomorrow but you know what I mean)
I'm sorry that I am such a slacker!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:11 AM

Sassy, you have come to the right place for support on your weight loss journey. We all try to give helpful tips and healthful recipes. Sometimes we even show pictures of our quilts!
Gayle, you certainly do not sound like a slacker to me! I hope you get some help so you can get your plants in the garden before your surgery.
My fat quarter is not in the mail yet but I hope to get to that on monday.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:45 AM

Ok, just put my FQ in the mail, it should be picked up around 3:30 and hopefully off to Cindy by the 10th.
It was brights, right?

DH won't be home until after 3, My foot is already screaming. Maybe I should be good and work on some sewing. I have to get binding on another wedding gift for the 15th. If I get the binding machine sewed on I can do the hand sewing tomorrow while driving down to my parents house for dinner. We will leave after church, after lunch and spend the night. It is a 2 hr drive without traffic, I hope there arn't lot of folks on the fwy tomorrow. We will return Monday after lunch before the afternoon traffic gets bad. When you have to drive thru Los Angeles you have to time your driving trips. It has taken my parents 5 hours to get to our house before, and frequently takes 3. I have made it in 95 min on a really good day.
It is a gorgeous day but I will wait until this afternoon to work outside. I got a little burnt yesterday potting. I had not been out in the sun in months. My BP meds tell me to avoid the sun. I am really low in my Vit D though.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am so thankful for all that was done for me at this time. My sins were all paid for and His resurrection has brought me life!! Praise to God for all that He has done!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:47 AM

A lazy weekend ahead for me, it seems we have more rain coming our way and I am hurting like a *itch. where i had my surgery is killing me. It feels like my ribs are caving in with each breath. I have an appointment this week with the pulmonologist.

I hate it when I can't find a pattern. It seems once again I have lost he pattern for the purple quilt. It is the gumball quilt UGGHH!!!!! I have seen it and since I moved back into my place I can't find it, guess I am gonna have to but it again or find one close to it.

Have a great Easter weekend. Remember the reason. Eat healthy as you can.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:51 PM

Ididn't do to good today I went out this afternoon and went to a store I don't normally go to first thing I spotted was Dove dark chocolate and 2 just jumped into my cart of course I told myself it would last 2 weeks, now who am I kidding then when I got to check out there were the cadberry eggs buy one get one free well free is a good deal so I had to buy one so far I have ate only 1 egg and haven't touched the Dove Bars hope I can make myself not give in to temptation and eat the rest of the candy I think my problem was I only had coffee for breakfast and didnnt eat any lunch so I just wanted everything chocolate next time I will not go to a diffrent store my reg store doesn't have dark choc. anymore guess I am just like an small child when it comes to choc I have no will power well today I won't be going out so I should be safe. Hope Everyone here has a great Easter and take time out to remember why we celebrate Easter. try not to give in to all the temptatioin of good food and especially sweets
Old 04-08-2012, 02:01 AM

I am more successful at losing on a low carb diet as long as I do lots of exercise. I also use My Fitness Pal to log my daily food and exercise which helps keep me on track. I also tend to get caught up in my weekend errands and typically starve all day and then eat dinner. What I have started to do is keep Atkins shakes at home and in the car. I have one for breakfast and for lunch on the weekends. It keeps me from being hungry and keeps me from wanting to buy everything I see in the grocery store. I'm not crazy about the sweetener but I figure as long as I don't abuse it it's better than starving all day or picking up fast food while I'm out running. I think most of the shakes are net 2 carbs. They really do give me energy and keep me satisfied and on even keel all day. I'm lucky when it comes to sweets. Glenn doesn't eat sweets except for a piece of cheesecake on Holidays so I never have anything sweet in the house and luckily don't crave them. He's also very supportive of what I'm trying to do and will eat anything I serve him-I do add starches for him as he doesn't need to lose weight. Ayway, this year was the first year since Glenn went back to work(he was out of work for 3 1/2 years) he's been working almost 4 years now. Glenn and I decided to buy something we each really want with our tax refund instead of paying down bills-a little scary. Anyway, I bought myself a Babylock Esante combination sewing and embroidery machine. We are going to rearrange the office/sewing room so I can get it set up today. I am so excited I almost can't bear it. I will be taking lessons forever but I don't care. Everyone, have a blessed Easter.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:14 PM

How exciting, blondslave, on your new machine! I hope you have a great time setting up your sewing room and playing with your new toy!!!!
We are going to grab some lunch and drive down to Orange County. I had two small bites of DH's donut this morning, not great but not bad. Hopefully there won't be any chocolate at my mom's. She's on a diet and my grands are way too young for chocolate yet.
Have a wonderful Resurrection Day everyone!!!!!

Old 04-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

well, if the scale shows a little loss in weight, why do i feel so bloated in my stomach??? hating it. I know that giving up soda's and dark chocolate would have major benefits, but giving up both will be impossible. so, to compromise, no more soda's starting today. i am telling you guys this because i need to be held accountable to this!!! it will be very difficult. I have increased my fruits and veggies like a good girl....need to work on the green leafy veggies!

anyway, below is a link to a recently finished baby quilt i posted here over this weekend..... please enjoy!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t185350.html
Old 04-08-2012, 04:46 PM

blondeslave - thanks for reminding me about Atkins. We had the shakes a couple years ago, but got out of the habit to have them on hand. Sometimes, I just hate to open the refrig and look for something healthy. A shake would be the answer. Tell Glenn that we had a bit of cheesecake with him today. (Both hubby and I love cheesecake.) Have been so good about desserts and today I had 3 - oh well tomorrow is another day.

alikat110 - feel the same way sometimes. I have been putting a little lemon juice in my water and seems to help with the bloating. I think sometimes it's the combination of foods that I eat.

Gayle, if I lived closer I sure would come and help you plant. The ground still is to cold up here, so I will wait until middle to end of May to think about it. Do love the tulips that are blooming outside now. The rabbit got them last year, but must have found a new home.

Have a great evening ladies!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Everose View Post
alikat110 - feel the same way sometimes. I have been putting a little lemon juice in my water and seems to help with the bloating. I think sometimes it's the combination of foods that I eat.
i'm sure this is so...increasing fruits and veggies has a great deal to do with it. man this is sooooo hard for me!