Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
cookware what brand and why do you like it? >

cookware what brand and why do you like it?

cookware what brand and why do you like it?

Old 08-22-2019, 10:55 AM

I'm glad you all are discussing this. I go through skillets pretty fast, as they warp. I have never bought expensive pots and pans, and still can't afford it. Well, I guess "can't afford it" is relative. I don't think my conscience would allow me to buy a $200 skillet. If I get 4 years out of a $20 skillet, I would need to get 40 years out of a $200 skillet. Pretty sure I don't have another 40 years to cook, lol.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

I am still using the T-Fal I got through QVC in the early 90s. I used to use it a lot and it is still in perfect condition. I guess we haven’t been poisoned by the non stick chemicals yet. Mostly now I use my 3 Instant Pots and the oven. I do the sautéing in the Instant Pots
Old 08-22-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Just before we sold our kitchen retail store last year, I ordered a set of stainless steel Cuisinart but it was made in France, induction ready and less expensive than All-Clad which we also sold. Either brand would last you decades.
We bought a 2-pc set of non-stick All-Clad skillets, hoping both would last a very long time. They cost a lot of money. However, the bigger one has already had the Teflon peel. Why? We baby our cookware (hand wash, put a cloth between them in the cabinet to keep from scratching, only use silicon or wood utensils). I am so disappointed.