Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have a memory that is triggered by a tv show? >

Do you have a memory that is triggered by a tv show?

Do you have a memory that is triggered by a tv show?

Old 08-01-2010, 12:04 PM

I loved watching Partridge Family, The Monkeys, and Brady Bunch with my family. I am the oldest of five so every time one of these shows was on we would all crowd onto the couch with snacks and watch. Boy! What fun!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:15 PM

Not so much TV shows but songs The other day I was listening to an oldies station while I was going to the grocery store. The song "A Brand New Key" came on and I was transported back to the summer of 1969. It was really popular . that fall I entered high school. For some reason I just really remember that summer...oh the moon landing was that summer also
Old 08-01-2010, 01:56 PM

I was another Dark Shadow groupie. My GF and I would take turns whose house we watched at.

All the vampire shows out now take me back to Friday nights as a teen. My older brother, his friend, and I would order Chinese food and stay up to watch the late late show...always a vampire show of some kind.

Patti
Old 08-01-2010, 02:09 PM

As to songs...I m 57 years old and grew up listening to music; all kinds of music. My son Jay used to love to ride in the car with me and change the radio stations to try and find a song whose words I did not know. I might forget why I hurried into the kitchen and stand ther a minute looking (and feeling ) dumb BUT I remember all the words to tons of songs. Go figure. More than that I not only remember the words to those songs I feel transported in time to the places and the people who were so much a part of my life then. I swear I can smell the surroundings, fragrances, foods and I can remember even the weather!! Nostalgia!!!

, food the outdoors and I and remember the weather
Old 08-01-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by hobo2000
I watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"last night and cried thru most of it. My dad's name was Gus and we had huge bbQ's in our back yard with all of the relatives, drank Ouzo and"ompah'd" all night. Dad solved all problems with Windex and later "409". Statues, Yes and everything stemmed from the Greeks. Yes, we are a Greek Family.
I watched it too. I love that movie. Kind of makes me wish my family was Greek.
Part of my family is Greek (my father my brother and some uncles and aunts) so I think I have to watch this movie soon.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Karyn
Originally Posted by ksea
Originally Posted by Rhonda
When I watch Bewitched I feel and remember that 16yr old(me) laying on the couch eating tuna salad and saltines watching Bewitched after school every day!
Does it to me every time! I am transported back in time if only in my mind! LOL I can almost taste the tuna when I hear the song start! LOL

Anybody else have any similar experiences??
Does any one remember watching the Disney Movie of the week every Sunday night. Always had to have our baths early and claim our comfy spots in the living room, and always saved our snack for movie time!
Sure do, they were always family oriented and also, tv sets didnt run notstop like they do now. I turn mine on in the morning and off at nite- whether I watch it or not.
TV sets were not a babysitter , rather entertainment
They still use the same song for ads and at the beginning of some movies. Every time I hear that theme song I get the excitement I felt as a child when I heard that come on. I remember staying with my grandparents and sitting in front of the tv on the floor as we all watched that week's movie.

Then there was the Mickey Mouse club after school. Loved that theme song too! M-I-C K-E-Y MOUSE Mickey Mouse Can't remember the rest enough to type it all. Then the role call!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:30 PM

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

Poor Jan suffering from middle child syndrome!

I loved the Brady Bunch!

Another favorite was The Dukes of Hazard!
Grab your Daisy Duke shorts and wear them proudly!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Elly
Oh my gosh - the mental picture of me in Daisy Duke's made me fall off my chair. What a scary sight that would be.

:lol:
Old 08-01-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
Oh my gosh - the mental picture of me in Daisy Duke's made me fall off my chair. What a scary sight that would be.

:lol:
Are you okay? Made you laugh, right? I don't wear "Daisy Dukes" either. :-D
Old 08-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

Poor Jan suffering from middle child syndrome!

I loved the Brady Bunch!

Another favorite was The Dukes of Hazard!
Way too much junk in the trunk for those.