Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does fabric "pick up" emotions?

I don't think inanimate objects hold onto bad or good feelings but I don't like to hold onto things given to me by someone who has bad feelings towards me.

Example: my ex mother in law gave me a bathrobe the Christmas before her son and I broke up. I knew she had malicious feelings for me. I got rid of it.
    Last edited by mike'sgirl; 10-02-2015 at 12:19 PM.

I don't know either, but I did make a biscuit quilt that helped me through a really rough time dealing with a lot of anxiety, pretty much kept me from ripping my face off. So I hope that the quilt itself didn't absorb these feelings or else it will just explode! And that would be ashamed, because the quilt came out soooooo freaking cute!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Well, I guess sometimes I just enjoy a little light-hearted, "magical" thinking.

Maybe not, but I try to stay real positive when working on a project just in case. LOL
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    I am one of those people that have extra electricity in my body - I know it sounds crazy, but it is true. And If I am upset my body has a tendency to cause other items that draw electricity to short circuit, I can't even use a phone. So I would be afraid to use my machines, even if I was trying to calm myself. I don't think fabric will hold on to the negative, but when I make my quilts I do it to feel good. Sometimes they don't come out the way I hope but my intentions are there.
    I can wear a watch for about a week and then it stops. This goes for wind up watches and digital watches, expensive watches and cheap ones. No one can explain why.

Blog Entries
    well if you ask Psychics , jewelry does. So maybe fabric or houses, etc. can too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Elizabeth View Post
    I agree whole heartedly!
    inanimate objects, like quartz and rubies can run a watch. the old watches with jewels, remember them. they are just stones, but could energize a watch. so maybe the fabric can hold good feelings. it was once alive as a plant,the cotton was the product of the fertilized seed in the plant. stretching here, but just maybe.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2